Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jack Robinson (Liverpool -> QPR)

Read 56460 times
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Jack Robinson Player Thread
      Reply #207: Mar 30, 2013 08:07:31 pm
      MOTM today for Wolves.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #208: Apr 17, 2013 10:56:00 am
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #209: Apr 17, 2013 01:58:13 pm
      How's Jack getting on at Wolves, btw? He has the talent, obviously, just wondering how his game is coming along there.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #210: Apr 17, 2013 04:36:43 pm
      Jack Robinson: Wolves have the belly for a fight

Defender Jack Robinson today declared Wolves’ surprise win against Hull showed the players care and have the passion for the relegation fight.

Kevin Doyle’s 55th-minute lone strike clinched a welcome return to winning ways to lift Wolves out of the drop zone on goal difference ahead of Huddersfield.

On-loan Liverpool left-back Robinson was named sponsor’s man of the match for his efforts trying to shackle Tigers danger-man Ahmed Elmohamady.

And the 19-year-old believes Wolves showed the necessary battling qualities after Saturday’s 3-1 let down to Huddersfield.

He said: "We showed a massive amount of character. The way the lads played was excellent – we knew we had to find something extra after we lost on Saturday.

“The performance showed our passion and shows how much we care.”

Robinson highlighted the improved work-rate of the whole team as a factor in their first clean sheet in seven.

The England under-21 international said: "We worked really hard as a back line to keep them out, but it wasn’t just us, it was the whole team,” said the England Under-21 international.

“The front players worked hard to stop their attacks at source, and that work-rate spread through the whole team. We got our rewards with a fantastic result.”

Robinson also paid tribute to the more patient approach of the team designed by boss Dean Saunders as a way to save energy after Saturday’s exertions, with another big game at Charlton this weekend.

He said: “We needed the three points more than ever, so we had a different game-plan. We tried to pass the ball and keep it better and that’s what we did, and that’s what got us the points.

Robinson insisted Wolves must take their second-half form against Hull into their three remaining games – starting at Charlton on Saturday.

He said: “We have just got to take our confidence into the next game now. Hopefully, we will get another three points on Saturday at Charlton, although we know it will be tough.

“Hopefully, we can use this as a springboard for another good run and get ourselves safe.

“On a personal level, it was great to get Man of the Match.”

link

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #211: May 11, 2013 10:18:42 pm
      Jack Robinson: a Wolves loan opinion

I’ll cut to the chase was Jack Robinson any good during his time on loan at Wolves? and the answer would be a resounding yes after getting in the team less than 24 hours after signing he was thrown straight into the fire away to Barnsley, Jack has played nearly every game since missing just the one, including in that time a MOTM award vs Middlesborough.

The pros of Jack Robinson are certainly his decision making and timing, knowing when to drop off or go and meet the ball this is extremely impressive of somebody at 19 years old, from an offensive point of view with is extremely prevalent of fullbacks in the modern game I liked how when he was in the final third he would nearly always find a player with the cutback rather than an aimless ball into the box, again this comes down to making the correct decision with and without the ball, this in my opinion separates top footballers from average footballers, his passion, desire and no nonsense tackling ability was good to see and made him a firm fans favorite during his time at Molineux.

The cons that i picked up on Jack are he may lack a touch of dymatism that you would see from an J Enrique or Glen Johnsen (from my limited viewing of the players mentioned) the ability to get up and down to support the attack from fullback, I am not saying this wont improve in the future I am speaking how i saw it in the present, while i noted it as a positive his passion and desire were close to boiling over on a few occasions with a risky challenges he didn’t have to make whilst on a yellow card, but i don’t see that as much of an issue when you take a young players instinct away from them you are limiting them as a person and a footballer.

In my opinion do I think he could play 1st team football for Liverpool Football club in the upcoming 2013/2014 season? Answer would be yes, no doubt but not on a regular basis just yet, maybe a few games in and out, in the cups and against the smaller teams in the division where the pressure is not as great and he can develop at his own pace.

Another option is another loan I would say this is only suitable if its to a team where he will start week in week out if he can get this at a smaller Premiership team then ideal but if he has to drop to the top to the top end of the Championship i wouldn’t be against that providing he plays week in week out, i am just gutted its not with Wolves.
       To conclude having Jack Robinson at Wolves was an absolute pleasure and you wont have any Wolves fans that would say a bad word about him you can be reassured Liverpool fans Jack Robinson will be your left back and possibly center back for years to come.

A Wolves fan's take on what they made of Jack's loan.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #212: May 24, 2013 04:12:21 pm
      Jack has been called up to the under-21 European Championship in Israel next month as a replacement for Luke Shaw.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #213: May 24, 2013 04:18:22 pm
      Jack has been called up to the under-21 European Championship in Israel next month as a replacement for Luke Shaw.

Good lad Jack.  Great experience for him.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,010 posts | 3352 
      Reply #214: May 26, 2013 11:10:37 am
      Should be called into our first team next year as well.

Has never let the side down when he's been asked to play, bar the nightmare that was Oldham when the entire side was F***ing awful. And if Robbo is playing then it means Enrique isn't which is good news under any circumstances to me.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #215: May 26, 2013 03:00:43 pm
      Interesting thoughts.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #216: May 27, 2013 03:59:32 pm

Has never let the side down when he's been asked to play, bar the nightmare that was Oldham when the entire side was F***ing awful. And if Robbo is playing then it means Enrique isn't which is good news under any circumstances to me.

I'd swear you'd only prefer 11 local lads if you could, just because they are Scouse rather than because of ability.

That's Robinson, Coady, Spearing amongst others who you would have advocated to be playing ahead of better players at various times in the last year or 18 months.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #217: May 27, 2013 04:38:44 pm
      Wolves fans seem to think he's ready for some first team action here. If he could get similar minutes to what Wisdom had this year that would be great for his development.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #218: May 27, 2013 06:36:55 pm
      Wolves fans seem to think he's ready for some first team action here. If he could get similar minutes to what Wisdom had this year that would be great for his development.

It depends whether they think he could play a first team match for us here and there on the odd occasion or whether they think that because Jack was solid for them at left back that instantly means he should start for us regularly. No disrespect to those fans but there is a huge difference between playing regularly for Wolves in a season in which they got relegated and playing for Liverpool where we hope to be challenging for top four at least next season. I still think we could do with an experienced back up left back - somebody around 28/29 who can stay for a couple of years as back up until Jack really is ready for regular first team football. We're at a stage where playing local young lads is great to see but too many of them and we will finish 7th again. 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,010 posts | 3352 
      Reply #219: May 27, 2013 06:40:31 pm
      I'd swear you'd only prefer 11 local lads if you could, just because they are Scouse rather than because of ability.

That's Robinson, Coady, Spearing amongst others who you would have advocated to be playing ahead of better players at various times in the last year or 18 months.

Well if I want Robinson and Spearing in the side then that shows how F***ing stupid your comment about wanting 11 Scousers in the side. Robbo is a wool from Warington, while Jay is from the other side of the Mersey. Hardly F***ing Scouse is it soft lad?

Also given that I've said many times in the past that Reina is the best keeper going, I wouldn't really wanna replace him. And last time I checked, despite being here for eight years, Pepe still isn't Scouse. Nor is Suarez, Sturridge, Countinho, Agger or Kelly who I would also have in my first choice XI.

So once again, your statement about me wanting 11 Scousers is a load of F***ing bollocks isn't it soft lad? Get your F***ing facts straight.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #220: May 27, 2013 07:14:03 pm

Robinson isn't good enough, hasn't improved and in the few times he has played in the first team this season, didn't do enough to warrant a place in the first team.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #221: May 27, 2013 07:53:38 pm
      He didn't exactly stand out in the Wolves side that got relegated. I find id a bit bemusing that some people seem to think he is good enough for any prem team let alone ours. What is this based on? He's made three first team appearances here and eleven at Wolves. Just because he's a product of our system people put the lad on a pedestal and expect him to be a world beater. I hate to say it but if he was good enough, we would have seen it by now!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,010 posts | 3352 
      Reply #222: May 27, 2013 08:49:17 pm
      Robinson isn't good enough, hasn't improved and in the few times he has played in the first team this season, didn't do enough to warrant a place in the first team.

I'll be honest mate, I think he is good enough if given the game time. He seemed to take the wrap for the Oldham result, which in my opinion is the only time he's let us down. And that night, the entire side was shocking. I do know that telling Suarez to F**k off during that game with Oldham, didn't do Robbo any favours with certain fans either.

But from what I've heard/read/seen of his time at Wolves he was far too good for that division. And like I said initially, if it means Enrique isn't playing then I'm happy.

He didn't exactly stand out in the Wolves side that got relegated. I find id a bit bemusing that some people seem to think he is good enough for any prem team let alone ours. What is this based on? He's made three first team appearances here and eleven at Wolves. Just because he's a product of our system people put the lad on a pedestal and expect him to be a world beater. I hate to say it but if he was good enough, we would have seen it by now!

He's played 11 times for Liverpool. And no it's not because he's come through our youth system, plenty of lads have who haven't been on a pedestal, lads like John Welsh, Richie Partridge, Andy Parkinson, Darren Potter, Danny Guthrie, Robbie Threlfall, Craig Linfield etc etc were all products of our youth system but weren't considered world beaters.

People rate Jack Robinson because of what they've seen him do in a Liverpool shirt at various levels.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #223: May 27, 2013 09:02:30 pm
      I'd use him as back-up to Enrique next season and see where he is next summer.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #224: May 27, 2013 10:23:21 pm
      We do need a back-up of any kind in that position. Promoting from within in what Brendan is trying to instill in the minds of those at the Academy. I don't see that stopping now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #225: May 27, 2013 10:29:08 pm

I'd go along with that.

Tell him in the summer that there is a place to be won at LB and see if he can grab it. Play him pre season and early cup games and see how he progresses.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #226: May 28, 2013 01:52:33 am
      I'll be honest mate, I think he is good enough if given the game time. He seemed to take the wrap for the Oldham result, which in my opinion is the only time he's let us down. And that night, the entire side was shocking. I do know that telling Suarez to F**k off during that game with Oldham, didn't do Robbo any favours with certain fans either.

Wasn't really thinking of the Oldham game, more the League Cup game against Swansea, had a shocker that night.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #227: May 28, 2013 01:33:58 pm
      I'd like to see him get a little more game time. Maybe even a loan deal to a premiership team?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #228: May 28, 2013 01:51:47 pm
      I'd send him back out on loan again.
      Definitely something there I think, but needs first team football to develop.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #229: May 28, 2013 02:05:43 pm
      Yes to a loan.  All the potential is there. I want to see him playing some games here for a long time. he showed it on his debut against Walcott that he would be able to hack it. It;s all about getting the most out of his potential now and getting games will do that.

But saying he is currently better than Enrique is laughable. if he was better, the manager would have selected him ahead of Enrique.

Quick Reply