Trending Topics

Jack Robinson (Liverpool -> QPR)

Read 56504 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Jack Robinson Player Thread
      Reply #92: Apr 23, 2011 05:43:21 pm
      Great performance.  One misplaced pass, other than that pretty flawless.  Never a yellow.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #93: Apr 23, 2011 05:53:17 pm
      Superb again today...still want us to buy a left back to give him some competition as competition is always good but this lad has IT and he plays for us :-) Well done Jack !!
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #94: Apr 23, 2011 06:12:08 pm
      He's going to be our left back for the next 15 years he's that good. Agree with a poster above ide like ot see us buy a top class left back with Robbo his understudy
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #95: Apr 23, 2011 06:46:51 pm
      Great perfomance agian.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #96: Jul 18, 2011 06:58:33 pm
      Is it just me or has he beefed up a bit? He looked like he'd been hitting the weight room.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #97: Jul 18, 2011 07:01:15 pm
      Is it just me or has he beefed up a bit? He looked like he'd been hitting the weight room.

I actually thought that too when I saw him versus Malaysia.

Want to see him brought through sensibly, don't want to see his development derailed by too much pressure etc.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #98: Aug 09, 2011 10:02:12 am
      I reckon he deserves to start this weekend given the pre-season form he has shown. Aurelio looked very good in the first half on Saturday but that was his only game time in pre-season and given his precarious fitness i'd prefer if if he was given another week or two to get fit before throwing him into the starting line-up. This kid has got all the potential in the world and even though he is behind Flanno and Kelly in terms of appearances/reputation he could well be the pick of the three.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #99: Aug 09, 2011 12:23:44 pm
      There's no chance Jack will start this weekend, we're looking for cover for this position as he's not ready for the step up just yet, Aurelio will start if we don't' have Enrique in by then.

That's not to say that I don't think he has potential, think he will eventually develop into a fantastic player, been very impressed, no point rushing him and ruining him... please no good enough, old enough, that only works with the very special players.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #100: Aug 09, 2011 05:32:44 pm
      I really rate jack, pity he is not a couple of years older and we would need no left back, I actually think he is a better prospect than Flanagan
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #101: Aug 09, 2011 05:40:35 pm
      I really rate jack, pity he is not a couple of years older and we would need no left back, I actually think he is a better prospect than Flanagan

Thing is though Corr if he's got it he's got it...Jack managed to see his way thru quite a few games last season, he seems like Flanno to be unphased by the competition...why not let him loose...neither one of the two seem like players that need to have a blanket thrown over them and coddled.

He was the youngest player ever when he came on at 16...he has played for the national U17 side...will he make some mistakes yup...but then again Glen made some serious ones and he should know better.

Nope IMO age means squat...let the kid's loose.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #102: Aug 09, 2011 05:42:11 pm
      I agree to a point AZ, I just think at the moment he will be found wanting on the physical side, no doubting his ability though
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #103: Aug 09, 2011 05:45:02 pm
      I agree to a point AZ, I just think at the moment he will be found wanting on the physical side, no doubting his ability though

He does have some filling out to do...but compared to many of our defenders who cannot seem to stay on the pitch due to injuries it is something we could work around....Flanno is pretty light also but man when the term "baby faced assasin" was coined they must have been thinking about him.

What kid's like Robbo and Flanno lack in some size and experience they make up for with pure speed, pace and desire. Most all players in sport you have to deal with some type of trade-off...both these kid's have done enough to earn consideration and both of them played against the scum, gunners and citeh
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2011 05:54:29 pm by AZPatriot »
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #104: Oct 05, 2011 10:26:10 pm
      Apparently scored for the U19's?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #105: Oct 05, 2011 11:07:02 pm
       Really like him and have since the first time I saw him. Gonna be a top player in my opinion.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #106: Oct 05, 2011 11:49:26 pm
      Really like him and have since the first time I saw him. Gonna be a top player in my opinion.
      Totally agree.

I think he will be England's best LB in a few years.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #107: Oct 06, 2011 07:46:30 am
      He's great, we have a gem. Good LB are the rarest. we have so much talent in the Academy but we have so much expectations from the senior squad.
      As soon as we'll be on momentum the youngsters will be introduced slowly in the first team I think. :scarf:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #108: Oct 06, 2011 10:38:03 am
      Apparently scored for the U19's?

Finished 2-2.

Robinson on the scoresheet for England.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #109: Oct 06, 2011 12:25:33 pm
      I never heard of him before Rafa brought him in for that game against Hull i think (?). He kind of burst out of nowhere. Wasn't a mention of him on the offal, on forums or anything.

What a gem he is though. Kind of weird now that we have him, but Jack is a lot of like Enrique. Maybe not the best defender in terms of awareness or the mental side of it but he is deceptively quick and will be strong as an oxe when he fills his body out and beefs up and that will more often than not be a massive asset in terms of dealing with opposition wingers.

High hopes for him. Hope he continues his education along the same path and stays with us for a long time.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #110: Oct 31, 2011 05:12:29 pm
      Defender's joy at new contract
      Jack Robinson today spoke of his joy after signing a new long-term contract at Liverpool Football Club.

The left-back - who turned 18 in September - has got his reward for displaying huge promise during five first-team appearances.

"I'm delighted," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I was going for my lunch and I saw Damien (Comolli) on my way through. He pulled me to one side and said the club wanted to offer me a new contract.

"There was no doubt in my mind, I was just so excited the club were offering me a contract.

"I've just got to keep working hard in training. I can't just sit back on this contract. I've got to keep improving and showing people what I'm about."

Robinson, who joined Liverpool at U10 level, became the club's youngest ever player after coming on as a substitute against Hull on the final day of 2009-10.

His other four appearances have been under Kenny Dalglish, including a superb display to thwart Theo Walcott at the Emirates in April.

Beforehand he received some words of encouragement from his manager.

Robinson explained: "I was so nervous, but before I came on Kenny had a little joke with me and kept my nerves in the bag. I was fine going onto the pitch after that.

"It was a good challenge against Theo, and luckily I had a good game."

Robinson faces stiff competition for a regular slot on the left side of Liverpool's defence, most notably from new signing Jose Enrique, who has impressed all with his form to date.

"He's been fantastic in every game he's played," said Robinson. "I need to learn from him. He's the perfect role model because he's got everything as a left-back."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/defender-s-joy-at-new-contract
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #111: Oct 31, 2011 05:18:14 pm
      Well done Jack, your time will come just be patient and keep working hard.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #112: Oct 31, 2011 06:22:37 pm
      Well done Jack, your time will come just be patient and keep working hard.

echo this
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #113: Oct 31, 2011 06:25:02 pm
      Well done lad. Keep up the good work. Some good defenders to learn off now
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #114: Oct 31, 2011 08:12:17 pm
      Well done lad. Keep up the good work. Some good defenders to learn off now

Yeah it's abit tough on the lad that we've got Enrique now who looks like he could own that spot for the rest of his career! I'm sure that if we were in Europe he would be getting jis share of fixtures but because we've only got the domestic stuff to worry about it means that competition for places is at a prmeium. He'll get his chance though.

Quick Reply