Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

'Siamese stadium' in Liverpool?

Read 22030 times
      Leoshavi
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -1 
      Re: 'Siamese stadium' in Liverpool?
      Reply #23: May 11, 2010 06:38:33 am
      Shared stadium is the way ahead
      Jaguar909
      • Banned

• 66 posts | -13 
      • Respect is earned , not given
      Reply #24: May 11, 2010 10:38:58 am
      Would prefer a shared stadium, I do believe there are chemicals that can change colour quite quickly, with the turn of a n*b, so we could change seat colours for LFC or EFC matches, we could leave some drawing pins on the seats for them after we have played too.

that twin stadium is a bit madcap, but it makes financial sense, a massive shared stadium that out trumps OT and Wembly would make us the football capital of the UK, would be better though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #25: May 11, 2010 11:48:55 am
      I love the idea of the still occasional friendly rivalry I have with certain blues and the football quarter would be brilliant if it came off, but this idea, apart from holding up our own plans whenever they eventually come to fruition, have they thought about how this affects the rest of Stanley Park.

As for sharing a stadium with them, I wouldn't even share a cold!!
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #26: May 11, 2010 01:01:57 pm
      Dont think so Mate i would hate to share the stadium with Everton. so if the stadium had a 1 teir stand ( the kop ) for liverpool and when we were playing away and Everton were at home i cant see them sitting in the kop so at Everton home game the Away fans would be sitting in the Kop ( Man U, Chelski, ) i am sure someone made this point ages ago when we people were talking about sharing a stadium if we were going to share a Stadium it would of been done years ago on the Docks they were going to build a 50,000 Stadium and Liverpool Refused to Share. Its not the way foward it's so European Is there a Football team in Scotland or England who Share a Stadium no its a load of Shi*e. NO,NO,NO.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #27: May 12, 2010 03:19:04 am
      Just knock down the middle wall between the grounds, make ours a 120 thousand seat stadium and send Everton as far down the M62 as they can.  :lmao:   Moysee has always wanted to manage at Old Toilet.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: May 12, 2010 12:04:55 pm
      No fooking way is all that needs to be said.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #29: May 12, 2010 11:48:33 pm
      It looks good for a European team am sure i seen this on another website round about april fools time not sure though.
      cozza_man_yeah
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • Ní bheidh tú ag siúl in aonar.
      Reply #30: Jul 18, 2010 10:43:06 pm
      Looks awful. :O Who came up with this idea ?
      Inner-City
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #31: Aug 24, 2010 12:59:41 pm
      How about a double decker stadium?  Or one that floats at the Pier head and can be towed to away games.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #32: Aug 25, 2010 08:28:34 am
      How about a double decker stadium?  Or one that floats at the Pier head and can be towed to away games.

Wouldnt really be an away game if were playing in 'our' stadium?
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #33: Jul 13, 2011 05:25:55 am

And, I think it's a silly idea because, when both Liverpool and Everton play at home, surely there's going to massive traffic.

Can you recall any time in which both Everton and Liverpool have played at home on the same day?
      The traffic would be bad, joint stadium or not. Hence it has never happend.

I agree it is a silly idea though, just looks plain daft and unfeasable
      LFCexiled
      Reply #34: Jul 13, 2011 08:21:59 am
      Discussion of an article from may 2010 about a stadium that some spotty kid drew up on his pc?

I'm guessing none of you guys won the EuroMillions.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #35: Jul 13, 2011 09:48:26 am

Sigh...    nope.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: Jul 13, 2011 06:56:21 pm
      Christ on a bendy bus.

I really don't know what's more pointless. A marriage vow involving Ryan Giggs, a condom machine at the Vatican or this "siamese" stadium idea?
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #37: Jul 13, 2011 08:14:58 pm
      I think it's an interesting idea, but it just wouldn't work! Not for liverpool anyways!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #38: Jul 13, 2011 08:58:08 pm
      ;D, the bitters would be hearing You'll Never Walk Alone being sung whenever both teams play at the same time at home.

And, I think it's a silly idea because, when both Liverpool and Everton play at home, surely there's going to massive traffic.
      Liverpool and Everton never play at home on the same day.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #39: Jul 14, 2011 01:45:14 am
      If you can get past the rivalry aspect (which I know many of you can't, and I understand why) the concept can work.

This is Seattle's Qwest Field (NFL and MLS - 67,000) and Safeco Park (baseball - 47,116).

A thread with great photos on Safeco: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=707504

and Qwest: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=199561

This is Kansas City's Arrowhead Stadium (NFL - 81,425) and Kauffman Stadium (baseball - 38,030).

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #40: Jul 14, 2011 08:55:11 am
      If you can get past the rivalry aspect (which I know many of you can't, and I understand why) the concept can work.

To be fair both of those examples are for two different sports.  I'd imagine people who root for the baseball team support the city's other teams.

You're photographs also highlight the ability for infrastructure for car parks etc.  That just isn't the case for Liverpool which is right in the middle of a densely populated area with single lanes of traffic.

Anybody familiar with the layout of Anfield, Goodison and Stanley Park will quite rightly laugh at the very first picture in the thread as totally unworkable.

In fact I think some teenager had too much time on their hand on Photoshop.  I don't even believe the story was remotely credible.

Thanks for posting those pictures though soxfan, although I'd imagine many Liverpool fans looking at those pictures will think it looks like a very soulless experience.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #41: Jul 14, 2011 09:00:40 am
      Check out the car parking in the bottom photo, that's phenominal! No way we could do anything like that.
      I'm guessing that's a multi-story car park between the two stadiums in the top photo as well?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #42: Jul 14, 2011 09:15:28 am
      Check out the car parking in the bottom photo, that's phenominal! No way we could do anything like that.

I wouldn't want us to have anything as soulless as that, but Stanley Park is a pretty big park.

I think there is about 1200 car spaces on the existing Stanley Park site.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #43: Jul 14, 2011 09:50:51 am
      Looks like there's some kind of blue and white shed just north of Stanley Park Lake. We could bulldoze that monstrosity and build a multi-story there.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #44: Jul 15, 2011 05:41:22 pm
      Looks like there's some kind of blue and white shed just north of Stanley Park Lake. We could bulldoze that monstrosity and build a multi-story there.

I really need to get in tune...I knew of course that Everton were a local club, had no idea Anfield was so close...bloody ignorant yank
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #45: Jul 17, 2011 08:32:14 am
      I really need to get in tune...I knew of course that Everton were a local club, had no idea Anfield was so close...bloody ignorant yank

A stones throw mate, you can walk it in about five minutes.

Quick Reply