Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Reds in Hungarian tie-up

Read 1618 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reds in Hungarian tie-up
      Jun 12, 2007 06:02:59 pm
      From Sky Sports

Skysports.com can reveal that Liverpool have agreed a mutual co-operation with Hungarian club MTK Hungaria.

The Reds recently signed youngsters Andras Simon and Krisztian Nemeth (pictured) from the Budapest-based side, and a more formal association between the two clubs has now been announced.

As part of the agreement Liverpool will financially support MTK's Karoly Sandor academy, which produced both Simon and Nemeth, as well as assisting in the education of its young scholars.

Liverpool will be able to cherry-pick the best talents from MTK's academy, whilst The Reds may also send their own youth players and reserves to play in Hungary if they fail to make the grade at Anfield.

Revealing the co-operation in Agard on Tuesday, MTK general director Laszlo Domonyai hailed the link-up with Liverpool as a historic moment for Hungarian football.

"This is a milestone not only for MTK but for the whole of Hungarian football because Hungarian talents will get such an opportunity from this agreement that they could only dream about before in an academy like Agard's," Domonyai told skysports.com.

MTk also revealed that many European clubs were keen on linking up with the Hungarian side, but the vision of Reds boss Rafa Benitiez helped to sway the deal in Liverpool's favour.

Academy director Zsolt Tamasi added: "I can't express in words what an honour it is for us that Rafael Benitez and his team found us worthy for this co-operation.

"I think from now on all the members of the academy can be more proud of themselves."

The first fruit of the agreement will see MTK's young goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi spend 10 days at Liverpool's Melwood training ground, starting on 4th July.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Reds in Hungarian tie-up
      Reply #1: Jun 12, 2007 09:50:44 pm
      To be honest I can't see that many of there players becoming our first team players,
      but it could be good to send out some of our youngsters to gain valuable experience of playing a decent standard of football and also a European style of football.
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 13, 2007 04:55:19 pm
      Good news, You never know we might just find some talent, along with the two lads we signed the other week
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 15, 2007 02:08:50 pm
      Maybe some of these youngsters wont be in our first team, but I think this is very good for hungarian football. If I remember correctley, Hungary wasnt in the past few world cups so maybe that would change in the next few years.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4: Jun 15, 2007 07:34:06 pm
      Cardiff fans are piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis sed because we had connections with this team first.. :o
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 15, 2007 10:18:34 pm
      Cardiff fans are piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis sed

Never!

Quick Reply