Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid)

Read 33850 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid)
      May 13, 2010 05:05:20 pm
      Liverpool are hoping to make a successful move for German international starlet Mesut Ozil this summer.

Rafa Benitez is a big fan of the Werder Bremen attacker and hopes that he can convince the Bundesliga club to accept an offer in the region of £8m for the 21 year old.

The former Schalke man reportedly has just one year left on his contract and may well be interested in a move to the Premier League and would no doubt be excited by interest shown in him by the Anfield outfit.

Rafa Benitez is looking for more creativity in his midfield and is apparently most interested in Ozil's ability to play in a number of different positions.

The well built Bremen man can play across the midfield as well as effectively on both wings but perhaps most interestingly can be used in the hole behind the strikers.

A number of sides are reportedly interested in Ozil with Arsenal being one side who has repeatedly linked with a move for his services and has been in sparkling form this term weighing in with nine goals and 17 assists which have helped his side to a third placed finish and a coveted Champions League spot.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-ready-move-for-8m-bundesliga-starlet
      Would be a good signing if this is true

« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2010 09:24:35 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Changed clubs. »
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Mesut Ozil (Werder Bremen)
      Reply #1: May 13, 2010 05:22:52 pm
      I feel like that price is too low. He absolutely tore up the Bundesliga from what I heard and has attracted attention all over Europe. Would be a great get if we nabbed him, however I don't think it will be for that little unless we sent someone over in return.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #2: May 13, 2010 05:27:09 pm
      Great player who's probably worth closer to 20 million.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #3: May 13, 2010 05:32:59 pm
      Never seen this guy before.

And I hate the way the official website is showing rumours like this everyday. They should only be reporting any transfers that have actually not been completed. Not ones that they've read in the mirror.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: May 13, 2010 05:33:02 pm
      £8m? Surely not. He's like one of Europe's biggest prospects.

Great player who's probably worth closer to 20 million.

I agree with Dexter. I really can't see that we're going to get him for £8m. That would possibly be the biggest steal in football ever.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: May 13, 2010 05:48:07 pm
      It usually not so big names who move around for smaller fees.

The likes of Aguero, Silva, Villa or Mata have hefty price tags on them but I have a feeling players like Ozil, Afellay or Gourcuff can go for lower fees.

I know this lad from PES 2008 :lmao: I used to buy him when I played the manager mode because he could play goalkeeper!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6: May 13, 2010 05:53:13 pm
      He is a very talented player, this year he really came into his own from being a player with potential to doing something positive on the pitch. Any player who can add attacking flair and creativity to the side is a player I would like to see in the side. Only real issue is he is a bit light weight but he is a pretty slick player so he could avoid most of the hard tackles.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: May 13, 2010 05:58:37 pm
      Definitely one i would like to see here. Can play on the left but his biggest threat is running through the middle.

He was a major cog in the Bremen side this season and full of class. Can go missing at times but being at a club likes ours will bring out his best.

Agree with Dexter in saying he'd be closer to 20m as he was bought for 12m wasn't he?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #8: May 13, 2010 06:01:43 pm
      He only has a year left on his contract so we could probably get him for less than 20 mil (if we had any money of course).
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: May 13, 2010 06:02:43 pm
      Agree with Dexter in saying he'd be closer to 20m as he was bought for 12m wasn't he?

According to Wikipedia - €4.3 million

So that's about what? £3 million?

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: May 13, 2010 06:07:10 pm
      Jesus, is that all?

Could of sworn it was more. Unless i'm thinking of another player's transfer.

Anyway, he's a target for Arsenal also.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: May 13, 2010 06:08:13 pm
      I was very surprised too. What were Schalke thinking...

That Marin fella looks a pretty handy player too actually.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: May 13, 2010 06:13:18 pm
      £8m, not a chance.

£15m+ at the least, surely.

He's a talented player. Would welcome him here. Although his best play is through the middle.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #13: May 13, 2010 06:24:29 pm
      seen him a few times, looks very good indeed. its the final year of his contract so 8 million is a possibility.  its the same as when we sold Owen to Real for 8million in the final year of his contract and he WAS worth a lot more than that at the time
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #14: May 13, 2010 06:26:50 pm
      He only has a year left on his contract so we could probably get him for less than 20 mil (if we had any money of course).
      Not sure, think he's quite the wanted fella, because of his age too. They shouldn't have any problems selling him at a good price.
      riedle13
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #15: May 14, 2010 01:48:39 am
      I Like Werder Bremen, too...and so was watching Mesut Özil the whole season...his contract expires 2011, and Werder Manager Klaus Allofs is still holding contract talks with Özil over the past few month...here in Germany are the biggest rumors about linking him with ManShitty...Mancini (but it's just a rumor) is ready to pay 12m €, up to 20m....Bremen bought him from Schalke for 4-5m €, and due to strong interests from england and spain is expeted, that özil's gonna extend his contract... ;)
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #16: May 14, 2010 02:30:03 pm
      who is he?? ;D
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #17: May 14, 2010 03:47:37 pm

cheers to whoever changed my karma on that!! serious question, i honestly dont know!!
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #18: May 14, 2010 04:34:54 pm
      He is very good player, sh*t hot on fifa
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #19: May 14, 2010 04:55:24 pm
      To me he is an attacking-midfielder and not a striker. But he has some shot on him. Seen him play quite a lot while he was at Schalke and now Werder Breman. Even if he was in the last year of his contract, i can't see us getting him for £4-8m.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #20: May 14, 2010 05:17:55 pm
      Thing is Bremen will be thinking about next summer when they will get zilch for him, so a bid under his valuation might actually pay off for us. I personally haven't seen Ozil play, but from his stats and word of mouth he seems a promising flair player who could certainly add something to our attack.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #21: May 15, 2010 05:12:45 am
      More than just flair. Strong and committed.
      riedle13
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #22: May 15, 2010 11:10:41 am
      Bremen is playing in the CL (quali) next season...there's nearly no reason for him to leave...

Quick Reply