Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Alan Smith (The Mancs)

Read 2694 times
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Alan Smith (The Mancs)
      Jun 13, 2007 03:25:39 pm
      Yes, before I post my opinion, thank god I live in the US, because you guys would be hunting me down. Alan Smith is still not signed or given a new contract by Man U. I like him, he plays with fire. He is aggresive and has a pretty good finishing touch. Had a horrible injury, but recovered well. Didn't get that much playing time with Man U, but I watched him play in the Roma game and he looked good. I'm not saying he is our first, second, or third choice for a striker, but he has played in the Premiership, and is use to the wear and tear in what I like to call " The Mens leauge" which is top flight English soccer. In my opinion the toughest league in the world. I would sign him. Thats if all else fails.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2007 06:38:46 pm by koolkidda »
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Re: Alan Smith
      Reply #1: Jun 13, 2007 03:28:49 pm
      hmmm

I wouldnt sign him, and if we did I would be very worried about where we were going.............
      lfcwill
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 13, 2007 03:52:02 pm
      agree with you in that he plays with aggresion and heart but would be disappointed if we signed him as i cant see him scoring 20 goals a season.not a bad player tho
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3: Jun 13, 2007 04:57:29 pm
      Yes, before I post my opinion, thank god I live in the US, because you guys would be hunting me down. Alan Smith is still not signed or given a new contract by Man U. I like him, he plays with fire. He is aggresive and has a pretty good finishing touch. Had a horrible injury, but recovered well. Didn't get that much playing time with Man U, but I watched him play in the Roma game and he looked good. I'm not saying he is our first, second, or third choice for a striker, but he has played in the Premiership, and is use to the wear and tear in what I like to call " The Mens leauge" which is top flight English soccer. In my opinion the toughest league in the world. I would sign him. Thats if all else fails.

Alan Smith wouldn't even be in my top ten choices for a strikers to join the club. I don't think he offers anything that we don't already have and in my opinion isn't as good as any of our current forwards so would be a step backwards. Strange topic!!
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 13, 2007 05:35:09 pm
      And didn't he turn us down to join Man Uer?? Fcuk him
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Jun 13, 2007 05:37:43 pm
      Jack of all trades, master of none. He can play a lot of positions, but isn't world class in any of them. We need to bring in class this summer, we have enough 'utility' players in the squad.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Alan Smith.terrible footballer very average
      Reply #6: Jun 13, 2007 06:25:13 pm
      alan smith is just not even in the game any more im soory but alan smith is just a big no no

we should take this post of the forum ,

it is just silly to even think hes any good, :( any way come on eveyone he is a very average player..

iam i not right or iam i right..
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Alan Smith (The Mancs)
      Reply #7: Jun 13, 2007 06:41:17 pm
      Yes, before I post my opinion, thank god I live in the US, because you guys would be hunting me down.

Lester - hunt him down! ;)

Wouldn't have him.  He's not an out and out striker and he wouldn't touch any of our midfield players. Sorry Glenn I reckon you've got this one wrong.

???
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 13, 2007 06:45:33 pm
      dont see what the point is of buying alan smith because dirk peter craig are all better in my opinion
      pedrogerado
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 13, 2007 10:01:02 pm
      Smith hasn't done enough in his time at Man Ure to move sideways, i.e. to a team like us, Chelsea or Arsenal.

I'd expect a Villa, Newcastle, Everton etc...to be his next port of a call
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #10: Jun 13, 2007 10:12:14 pm

He sounds the dogs swingers. How much? If he costs more than £5 million tho  we can't have him ;)
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 13, 2007 10:22:55 pm
      if alan smith wasn't playin for the mancs then i would say lets  sign him!!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #12: Jun 13, 2007 10:27:31 pm
      not good enough for utd not worth pissing on then.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Jun 13, 2007 10:37:08 pm
      He sounds the dogs swingers. How much? If he costs more than £5 million tho  we can't have him ;)

Imagine havinga player with the pace of Bellamy, the height of Crouch, and the Work rate of Dirk!!

Still wouldn't be the world class finisher we need!
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #14: Jun 14, 2007 07:38:32 pm
      Hmm, how about the height of Crouch, the pace of Bellamy, work rate of Kuyt and the finishing of a young Fowler?

Christ, that could be the best striker in the world.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 14, 2007 08:23:35 pm
      if alan smith wasn't playin for the mancs then I would say lets  sign him!!

Seconded
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #16: Jun 14, 2007 09:10:10 pm
      if alan smith wasn't playin for the mancs then I would say lets  sign him!!

Disagree. It's got nothing to do with him playing for Man Utd for me. He just is not the quality of player we sholud be looking for this summer.

Quick Reply