Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

All this new money in the Premiership

Read 2855 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      All this new money in the Premiership
      Jun 13, 2007 07:01:13 pm
      Good thing for football or not?  New fella at Newcastle, Man City getting sold, Birmingham City possibly getting backing, West Ham with a big war chest...

Will this create a better more competitive Premiership, or will it lead to clubs hitting the wall left right and centre?

Can you see a Premiership without the current top 4 in the top 4?  Is it possible that the Villas, Spurs and Newcastle's could overhaul the old elite?
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: All this new money in the Premiership
      Reply #1: Jun 13, 2007 07:18:55 pm
      Makes the priemiership that more exciting, has anyone noticed that its the foreign countries which produce the great players, and then the preimiership buys them and then the foreign countries buy the players back when they get towards their 30's, and now all these clubs in the preimership are getting all this money it will make it the best league in the world easily     
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Jun 13, 2007 10:37:40 pm
      I hope it makes it less of a 2-man race for the top.
      I hope Newcastle, Man City, Birmingham, Villa and all the rest are challenging for the Top 4 positions.
      It will make it so much more exciting, the last 2 years the Premiership has been quite boring, just because it's been so predictable, The Championship though, this season was one of the most exciting I've ever seen, because everyone was roughly in the same positions. Ok so a few were better/worse off than others, but nothing as extreme as Chavski!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #3: Jun 17, 2007 11:08:10 pm
      Nope - it won't, West Ham may have a big war chest but they will still buy sh*te and probably end up in a Leeds position
      Paying Lucas Neil 75 grand, offering Bent 75 grand, same with Newcastle - offering Barton loadsa money still means jackshit, squad wise both teams are still not good enough.

And don't forget this years winners of the league gets 50 million - something which makes me feel sick - yep great if we actually win it - but still its an obscene amount for winning the league
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #4: Jun 29, 2007 05:42:20 pm
      And don't forget this years winners of the league gets 50 million - something which makes me feel sick - yep great if we actually win it - but still its an obscene amount for winning the league

Maybe the £25 million on Torres and the odd £20 million for Tevez may be worth the punt then.

Quick Reply