Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona/Inter Milan)

Read 94708 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona/Inter Milan)
      Reply #1150: Aug 27, 2010 05:07:15 pm
      Barca know how to trade dont they.....

"Heres Ya Ya Toure for £24m....we can get a better player for around £16m from those cash strapped wankers in Liverpool who can do a better job in the same position"

couldn't agree more

"Si....everyones a winner"

How sh*t are we at transfers though seriously how many years have we laughed at our total ineptitude when it comes to transfers.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #1151: Aug 27, 2010 05:35:29 pm
      Have I read this correctly? We've made a loss on him? F**k this F***ing sh*t.

Once again we cave in, this is getting F***ing embarasssing.

F**k off Hicks, F**k off Gillett, F**k off Purslow and F**k off Masch.

Hope Masch fails there I really do.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1152: Aug 27, 2010 05:37:47 pm
      Can't see it though Chats with the midfield around him he will be an absolute revelation.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1153: Aug 27, 2010 05:48:04 pm
      "There's plenty of interest in him but our position remains the same - until we get an offer that matches our valuation we won't sell. ...I'm sure it'll be sorted one way or another soon. If Barcelona don't match our valuation he will stay with us. ...We are very, very far apart and unless that can be resolved he may be unhappy for a long time to come."

...And there you have it: If the reports are accurate, "our valuation" was only £17.25m. Looks like "we" didn't set "our" sights too high, eh?  :-\
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2010 05:57:45 pm by bad boy bubby »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1154: Aug 27, 2010 05:48:36 pm
      Liverpool angered by 'selfish' Javier Mascherano ahead of Barcelona move
      has expressed his anger at being coerced into the sale of Javier Mascherano as he condemned the Argentina captain's "selfish" attitude ahead of a proposed £20m move to Barcelona.

Mascherano will finally join the Spanish champions this weekend, subject to a medical and over a year after the Catalans first moved for the midfielder, after Liverpool compromised on a fee for the 26-year-old. The Anfield club had placed a £25m price-tag on a player signed for £18.7m in 2008 and rejected bids of £16m and £18m from Barcelona, plus a £6m and Sulley Muntari package from Internazionale, before accepting Barça's third and final offer.

Last week Hodgson said he would rather tie Mascherano to his contract until 2012 than accept less than the club's valuation, and said the Inter president, Massimo Moratti, had promised there would be no approach for any Liverpool players from the reigning European champions days before they faxed an offer. "A joke fax to keep some people at the club happy," said the Liverpool manager, who claimed his Anfield predecessor, Rafael Benítez, was behind moves for Mascherano and Dirk Kuyt.

But Hodgson admits he was given no alternative than to sanction Mascherano's exit following his non-appearance against Manchester City on Monday and efforts to leave Anfield. "There are a lot of factors I don't want to be drawn on too much," Hodgson said. "But it's not easy to defend his actions because professionals are paid to play and when called upon to do so, they should. But it is a complicated situation to be fair to him.

"I had a similar situation when I first went to Blackburn. Graeme Le Saux was determined to go to Chelsea and that caused us problems in the pre-season. Then Tim Sherwood was wanted by Tottenham and that caused problems because he was determined to get back to London. So this situation can occur unfortunately and you have to live with it. That's why we have to be forgiven for getting irritated when agents stir things even more."

Mascherano has been discontented at Liverpool since being refused a move to Barcelona last summer due to Xabi Alonso's departure to Real Madrid. His wife and young family failed to settle on Merseyside and have lived in Buenos Aires for the majority of his time at Liverpool, although Hodgson believes the Argentina international owed more respect to the club that rescued him from a miserable spell with West Ham United.

The manager added: "I don't think players mean it as a challenge to your authority or the club's, but it's a selfish situation where they want to do something and then expect the club and me, in my position as one of the leaders of the club, to bow down and accept they are going to get their way. Unfortunately then there will be periods of time when there is a bit of unpleasantness.

"Players must also understand when you sign contracts, you do so to play. If the club decides it's going to accept an offer for you and let you go then that's one thing. If the club say 'you have a contract, we're not selling', then therefore they are staying. It will be good next week because I like to work with the players and although I'd like to recruit a few more, it's much better when you are working with a group you know will be staying."

Liverpool have little time to reinvest the proceeds from Mascherano's impending sale but Hodgson wants a new left-back, central midfielder and forward before the window closes.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1155: Aug 27, 2010 05:50:13 pm
      Barc have got the bargain of the Summer £17 million is an insane bit of business from the club.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #1156: Aug 27, 2010 06:20:21 pm
      echo says 16m plus 6m in add ons. not enough in my opinion, think he is overated a touch tho but he will fit in with the barca midfield. we need a hard working, reasonably creative midfielder to replace.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1157: Aug 27, 2010 06:24:49 pm
      I'm disgusted by this and can't believe we have sold him for less than we bought him for. Ridiculous.

Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #1158: Aug 27, 2010 06:35:17 pm
      All the money will go to H and G anyway...
      lfc_Makaveli
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #1159: Aug 27, 2010 06:57:25 pm
      Is it true  he only went for £16 Million. 
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #1160: Aug 27, 2010 06:59:09 pm
      Ok, bye bye Masch.

Now lets quit bitching and start thinking about who to bring in.

EDIT: Also, according to the Echo it's £16 million up front with a further £6million to come based on appearances.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/08/27/liverpool-fc-agree-fee-with-barcelona-for-javier-mascherano-100252-27148260/
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1161: Aug 27, 2010 08:31:48 pm
      EDIT: Also, according to the Echo it's £16 million up front with a further £6million to come based on appearances

Roy drives a hard bargain.  :angel:
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #1162: Aug 27, 2010 08:38:17 pm
      I've come home just now, and i am abseloutely fuming to say the least.
      16m, or 18m or whatever it is is an abseloute joke, Barca must be laughing, getting rid of a half decent player for 28m! And actually making profit in getting a twice as good a player.
      Cambiasso wouldn't leave for Mach's fee, De Rossi wouldn't either, ridiculous, so there is nobody IMO we can get as a direct replacement or an even better player for this sort of cash

Cheers Cristian, H&G, Woy, whoever, thanks a lot.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1163: Aug 27, 2010 08:50:25 pm
      Simple,the dumb F**k wits are asset stripping the club to put the money back into thier own pockets to put this club into administartion,thats why they dont give a sh*t at what price they get for players anything will do.

Mascherano wanted to leave last season but RAFA told him 30 million and the move is granted,rafa gets sacked mascherano wants his move again and woy lets him leave for 17 million,F***ing comical from board room to management.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #1164: Aug 27, 2010 09:11:41 pm
      Especially when you see Wenger holding out for like 40m, and i know he is there captain and best player but still, why are we letting ourselves be walked over by other clubs!

Pricks, the whole board need to F**k off before we sell Torres, Gerrard, Reina and Agger

EDIT: God knows what they'd do if a £2m bid came in for the likes of Maxi, Skrtel, Lucas and Aurelio!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1165: Aug 27, 2010 09:28:42 pm
      Especially when you see Wenger holding out for like 40m, and I know he is there captain and best player but still, why are we letting ourselves be walked over by other clubs!

Pricks, the whole board need to f**k off before we sell Torres, Gerrard, Reina and Agger

EDIT: God knows what they'd do if a £2m bid came in for the likes of Maxi, Skrtel, Lucas and Aurelio!
      I'd quckly re-word that before the board re evaluate said players at 500k apiece :f_tongueincheek:, seriously thought 16m is peanuts for a player of Masch's qaulity  !
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #1166: Aug 27, 2010 09:30:16 pm
      Can't see it though Chats with the midfield around him he will be an absolute revelation.

I tend to disagree.

Busquets is the proven holding midfielder for Barca. Barca were looking for a holding midfielder to replace yaya touré, so Masherano will definitely be on the bench

Busquets (now only 22) was the preference for pep guardiola last seasons ahead of touré

Quote wikipedia

'During the early stages of the 2008–09 season, newly appointed manager Josep Guardiola favoured Sergio Busquets in the defensive role of Barcelona's midfield trio. In the 2009 UEFA Champions League Final, he (Yaya Touré)
      played centre back due to injuries and suspensions of first-choice defenders, despite having only played there twice before for Barcelona. In late June 2010 Barcelona confirmed that Touré was allowed to leave the club in the summer.'

Of course masherano will be used but I think he will also see alot more of the subs bench.

btw Barca are in debt by about 400 million euros
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1167: Aug 27, 2010 09:59:37 pm
      The whole thing is a F***ing joke...

from Masch throwing his toys out of the pram and basically sticking two fingers up to the club and its supporters.....to the shocking fee these arseholes who are "running" the club accepted for him!!!!!!! :mad:
      iwantfernandosbabies
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #1168: Aug 27, 2010 10:30:54 pm
      Ok, bye bye Masch.

Now lets quit bitching and start thinking about who to bring in.

EDIT: Also, according to the Echo it's £16 million up front with a further £6million to come based on appearances.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/08/27/liverpool-fc-agree-fee-with-barcelona-for-javier-mascherano-100252-27148260/

THIS.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #1169: Aug 28, 2010 03:25:54 pm
      That must be the joke of the season! Thanks for anyone involved in that kind of deal! Showed that we are too desperate for money and will accept anything...

Let see who's willing to bid for Torres? I'm guessing around 25 million.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1170: Aug 28, 2010 05:18:49 pm
      Unless the owners go the club is going to keep sinking you just can't sell players like Masch for that fee.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #1171: Aug 28, 2010 05:25:39 pm
      I of course agree we should have got more for him, but to me Masch is to blame for this. Barca know by his actions weve GOT to get rid before the window shuts or that will do us no good at all, if we didnt accept what was on offer by the deadline set by Roy wed have no chance of getting anyone in and wed have an unhappy player in the dressing room which is like a disease. It would be good if we could turn round and stick him in the reserves for a good while till he got his sh*t together but in todays game it wouldnt happen. Masch has engineered this and hes got his way, unfortunately in this situation i dont think it would matter who was dealing with the transfer, this is probably all they were going to offer knowing the way hes behaved and knowing you cant have a player round your squad who's got a sh*t on. And with time running out they know we have to get rid. And think about it..if we didnt let him go now his contact would be down to 18 mths by January and wed probably get even less then. The only other option is let him rot and walk for F**k all at the end of his contact, but thats never happening is it. Cheers Masch, lost any respect i had for you.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1172: Aug 28, 2010 05:46:02 pm
      The owners are to blame for this, Fabergas wanted to go at Arsenal why didn't he because the board was strong Barc didn't match there valuation so he stayed.

Our board has been shameful in this they paniced and took a ridiculous price for Masch. Ya I give him some blame but must of my anger is directed towards Hicks and Gillette because they are over seeing the whole lot.

Quick Reply