Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona/Inter Milan)

Read 94692 times
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona/Inter Milan)
      Reply #1173: Aug 28, 2010 06:14:14 pm
      I don't think the comparison between Fabregas and Masch situation is fair.Though Fab wanted to go to Barca but he never behaved like a pr**k to get himself the move.Even if Fabregas leaves now,he would have earned the respect of Arsenal fans because he gave his all to the club whereas Masch on the other hand has lost the respect of every Red. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1174: Aug 28, 2010 06:58:10 pm
      Not sure if it  has already been posted but it's a good thing if true.

Liverpool FC's Roy Hodgson to get all Javier Mascherano money to spend
      ROY HODGSON has been given the green light to reinvest every penny Liverpool will receive from Barcelona for Javier Mascherano on new recruits.

The Liverpool boss is poised for a busy few days in the transfer market, as he looks to bring in a number of fresh faces before the window closes on Tuesday.

And he will be able to conduct his search knowing Liverpool will bank a fee of more than ÂŁ20m for Mascherano, whose exit from Anfield is expected to be officially confirmed in the next 24 hours.

Hodgson has his eye on a number of targets and the first of a new wave to come through the door is expected to be Fulham left-back Paul Konchesky, a player who Liverpool’s manager knows well.

He is also trying to thrash out a deal to land PSV Eindhoven forward Ola Toivonen but, should that fail to come off, Hodgson has other targets to turn to and he is also keen to bring in another midfielder.

But what Hodgson has the opport-unity to do and what might actually happen are two different things, as he has gone on record recently and said he will not spend big just for the sake of it – if he doesn’t think players are up to scratch, he won’t sign them.

Mascherano, inevitably, will have to be replaced and the Argentine will leave Anfield with a blast from Hodgson ringing in his ears, after he was accused by the manager of acting selfishly to push through his switch to the Nou Camp.

“There are a lot of factors I don’t want to be drawn on too much, but it’s not easy to defend his actions because professionals are paid to play and when called upon to do so, they should,” said Hodgson.

“But it’s a complicated situation to be fair to him. I had the situation at Blackburn when someone was very agitated when I first went there. Graeme Le Saux was determined to go to Chelsea and that caused us problems.

“Then Tim Sherwood was wanted by Tottenham and that caused problems because he was determined to get back to London. So this situation can occur unfortunately and you have to live with it.

“That’s why we (managers) have to be forgiven for getting irritated when agents stir things even more.

“It’s bad enough when there’s a genuine offer that leaves a problem to resolve. I don’t think players mean it as a challenge to your authority or the club’s.

“But it’s a selfish situation where they want to do something and then expect the club and me, in my position as one of the leaders of the club, to bow down and accept they are going to get their way.

“Players must also understand when you sign contracts, you do so to play.”

Pepe Reina, meanwhile, believes Liverpool delivered the perfect riposte to their critics when coming from behind to beat Trabzonspor on Thursday night and the influential goalkeeper hopes it is a sign of things to come.

“It was good because we showed character in the second half,” said Reina. “We knew the crowd and the stadium would make it difficult but, by the way, they were a decent team.

“We knew we could have some problems coming out here.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/08/28/liverpool-fc-s-roy-hodgson-to-get-all-javier-mascherano-money-to-spend-on-players-100252-27154389/
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #1175: Aug 28, 2010 07:11:24 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1176: Aug 28, 2010 07:41:29 pm
      See ya Masch, would be nice to remember you fondly, but you've left a sour taste when you had already been granted your move all you had to do was grin and bear it for a couple of weeks, but you fu**ed the fans over, who idolised you, good riddance to you and that missus of yours.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #1177: Aug 28, 2010 07:44:11 pm
      He's in Barcelona at the moment.

Friend is there for a holiday and he saw him.

Thought Javier would have handled it better to be honest, instead he acted like a right tw*t. In a bit lad.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1178: Aug 28, 2010 07:48:23 pm
      Sad to see he go, in my opinion he was excellant from the day he came here, Barc are getting one hell of a player for peanuts. Have to say now that he is gone he was my favourite player.

Sad to see the way he went about engineering his move. Has definetly left a sour taste in the mouth.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1179: Aug 28, 2010 08:51:16 pm
      Has definetly left a sour taste in the mouth.

Waiting for someone to make a foul comment here.

F**k it.

"Had he eaten too many pickles before to do that?".
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1180: Aug 28, 2010 09:23:48 pm
      I hear eating pineapple before help improves the taste. ;) So long monster. You were a great player. Shame you couldnt have some grace off the pitch, but then that was more Alonso style. Man Im going to stop watching La Liga. The sight of the pair of them would just make me sick
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1181: Aug 28, 2010 11:59:49 pm
      Not sure if it  has already been posted but it's a good thing if true.

Liverpool FC's Roy Hodgson to get all Javier Mascherano money to spend
      ROY HODGSON has been given the green light to reinvest every penny Liverpool will receive from Barcelona for Javier Mascherano on new recruits.

The Liverpool boss is poised for a busy few days in the transfer market, as he looks to bring in a number of fresh faces before the window closes on Tuesday.

And he will be able to conduct his search knowing Liverpool will bank a fee of more than ÂŁ20m for Mascherano, whose exit from Anfield is expected to be officially confirmed in the next 24 hours.

Hodgson has his eye on a number of targets and the first of a new wave to come through the door is expected to be Fulham left-back Paul Konchesky, a player who Liverpool’s manager knows well.

He is also trying to thrash out a deal to land PSV Eindhoven forward Ola Toivonen but, should that fail to come off, Hodgson has other targets to turn to and he is also keen to bring in another midfielder.

But what Hodgson has the opport-unity to do and what might actually happen are two different things, as he has gone on record recently and said he will not spend big just for the sake of it – if he doesn’t think players are up to scratch, he won’t sign them.

Mascherano, inevitably, will have to be replaced and the Argentine will leave Anfield with a blast from Hodgson ringing in his ears, after he was accused by the manager of acting selfishly to push through his switch to the Nou Camp.

“There are a lot of factors I don’t want to be drawn on too much, but it’s not easy to defend his actions because professionals are paid to play and when called upon to do so, they should,” said Hodgson.

“But it’s a complicated situation to be fair to him. I had the situation at Blackburn when someone was very agitated when I first went there. Graeme Le Saux was determined to go to Chelsea and that caused us problems.

“Then Tim Sherwood was wanted by Tottenham and that caused problems because he was determined to get back to London. So this situation can occur unfortunately and you have to live with it.

“That’s why we (managers) have to be forgiven for getting irritated when agents stir things even more.

“It’s bad enough when there’s a genuine offer that leaves a problem to resolve. I don’t think players mean it as a challenge to your authority or the club’s.

“But it’s a selfish situation where they want to do something and then expect the club and me, in my position as one of the leaders of the club, to bow down and accept they are going to get their way.

“Players must also understand when you sign contracts, you do so to play.”

Pepe Reina, meanwhile, believes Liverpool delivered the perfect riposte to their critics when coming from behind to beat Trabzonspor on Thursday night and the influential goalkeeper hopes it is a sign of things to come.

“It was good because we showed character in the second half,” said Reina. “We knew the crowd and the stadium would make it difficult but, by the way, they were a decent team.

“We knew we could have some problems coming out here.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/08/28/liverpool-fc-s-roy-hodgson-to-get-all-javier-mascherano-money-to-spend-on-players-100252-27154389/
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #1182: Aug 29, 2010 12:12:41 am
      Remember folks,club first,individuals second.Mascherano built his profile here,good luck to him in his new career,bench-warming for Busquettes at Barca.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1183: Aug 29, 2010 12:15:22 am
      Take your wife and F**k off you c**t.

F***ing disgusted in your attitude. Hope you F***ing rot on Barcas' bench.

Lost any respect I had for Barca. They can F**k off too. Hope Sevilla win La Liga.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1184: Aug 29, 2010 12:23:19 am
      Bye Masch - we have your replacement, now F**k off out of our country you c**t.

;D
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2010 12:33:13 am by Reslivo »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1185: Aug 29, 2010 12:24:27 am
      Take your wife and f**k off you c**t.

F***ing disgusted in your attitude. Hope you f**king rot on Barcas' bench.

Lost any respect I had for Barca. They can f**k off too. Hope Sevilla win La Liga.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Let it all out Aussie!! Tell us how you really feel! ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1186: Aug 29, 2010 12:31:23 am
      Javier Mascherano: Barcelona move a dream come true

Javier Mascherano has described his move to Barcelona as a “dream” after arriving in the city to complete his £22 million switch to the

“It is a dream because of the team Barcelona have, because of all they have achieved in recent years and because Lionel Messi and Gabriel Milito have told me that this is a great squad of players and people,” he said.

Mascherano, who first asked to leave Anfield for personal reasons more than a year ago, has agreed terms on a four-year deal worth around ÂŁ90,000 a week. He flew into Barcelona on Saturday morning and will undergo a medical on Monday.

Liverpool have moved quickly to identify the Argentine’s replacement. Jorge Mendes, the agent of the Portuguese international Raul Meireles, arrived on Merseyside to discuss the 27 year-old’s terms and the club expect to announce his £10.7 million capture in the next 24 hours.

He will be joined at Anfield by Paul Konchesky, the Fulham full-back, who travelled to Liverpool for a medical yesterday. Alexander Kacaniklic and Lauri Dalla Valle, two of the club’s most promising youngsters, will move to Craven Cottage as part of the £3 million deal.

Daniel Pacheco has signed an improved contract to remain at Anfield for the next two years, while the young Spanish defender Daniel Ayala has agreed a season-long loan with Hull.

Newcastle have signed Hatem Ben Arfa, the Marseille winger, on a season-long loan deal. The 23 year-old, formerly with Lyon, insisted the club was “always his first choice” despite speculation linking him with Werder Bremen and Wolfsburg.

West Ham manager Avram Grant has tabled a ÂŁ1.5 million bid for Hamburg defender Guy Demel.

Grant has also expressed an interest in Portsmouth’s Marc Wilson, although Stoke are also hopeful of completing a move for the defender.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/7969806/Javier-Mascherano-Barcelona-move-a-dream-come-true.html

Dream move? Says all about what he thinks of us. F**k him.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1187: Aug 29, 2010 12:40:47 am
      Don't care.
       The moment a player wants to leave our amazing club then let them go.
      We deserve better
      If he was that unhappy on merseyside then adios.
      Take the money anf reinvest in passion and committed players who deserve to wear the shirt
      Feel that meireles is a positive move on from the dull defensive strategy of rafa's reign.
      Bring back the attacking and exciting days of dalglish and the 87-90 team. That was the best team and tactics in 15 years.
      Well done roy....get rid of the vagabounds and begin with a clean slate.
      Honestly believe that even if we win nothing this season that most liverpool fans with longterm memeories of liverpools history and stature will forget and regret rafa's last couple of years very soon.
      Keep it up roy.
      I wanted a change and pretty much I am delighted so far
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #1188: Aug 29, 2010 12:44:04 am
      Good bit of business IMO.Any Pro that uses his wife as an excuse for a move,is a gobs***e.They live a privaleged life in one of the finest cities in the world.If they can't be bothered to learn the language and integrate,then quite rightly f*ck off.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #1189: Aug 29, 2010 12:50:26 am
      With all the news about Meireles, i find myself asking, Mascherano who?
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #1190: Aug 29, 2010 01:22:19 am
      Yep, that is about right..

Someone just lock this please..he's gone..little ungrateful kid..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1191: Aug 29, 2010 01:25:53 am
      With all the news about Meireles, I find myself asking, Mascherano who?

Some puff who has an illiterate wife i think? Not sure.

:D

Don't care now, kinda came to grips with him leaving last year. We got another year, and then he treated us like sh*t. So F***ing whatever, i don't care!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1192: Aug 29, 2010 06:32:05 am
      He's gone, topic locked.

Barcelona player thread is here:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=1799.0

Quick Reply