Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona/Inter Milan)

Read 94691 times
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #23: May 18, 2010 02:25:56 am
      Might as well Masch sent some naked pics to Barcelona. Like seriously, why did he say all that? Maybe he should have mentioned climate change and Spain being hotter.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #24: May 18, 2010 04:21:26 am
      I cant see Masch going if Fabregas goes.

Toure to go to Arsenal then plus some cash for Cesc.

Why would they want Masch in there too??
      Because he is the best defensive midfielder in the world!And his role is totally different than Fabreg as.Cesc is offensive player who can play behind striker,on the left,or on the right in attack.I can't believe we are loosing Javier after we lost Xabi last year,our most important players in the midfield :mad:
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #25: May 18, 2010 05:14:06 am
      Now Aquilani will have to play :)
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #26: May 18, 2010 06:06:56 am
      I really wouldn't be suprised if he left - out of all the media talk of our big players leaving, masch going to barca is definately the most likely. He was literally this [] close to following what xabi did and out-right say he wants to leave last summer, and i'm suprised we kept him then. I never like to see a quality player go but footballers are not slaves and you can't keep them at a club they don't want to be at. I say if he really wants to go and says so in public, then sell him, get £30 million and get a £30 million replacement. Knowing our situation we'd be lucky to get a quarter of the money however, and would struggle to get a 1/3 rate replacement.

If we did get ALL the money - i'd want two quality defensive midfielders - banega, parker, veloso, toure - any of them will do rafa  :)
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #27: May 18, 2010 06:54:52 am
      I think he has played his last game for us, has clearly had his head turned by Barca.

Whilst it would be a big shame to see him go I'd happily see an offer of around £25-30mill + Bojan get accepted. Not like Rafa would get the money to spend on a replacement anyway so we may as well try and get an up and coming star as part of the deal.

L
      M
      A
      O
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #28: May 18, 2010 09:30:09 am
      It's clear he doesn't want to stay here.

He should be sold and replaced before the World Cup.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #29: May 18, 2010 10:50:20 am
      Didn't realise Barcelona was a densely argentinian populated city?!
      But everyone speaks spanish there
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30: May 18, 2010 10:55:32 am
      If he wants to go then let him, bring in Banega/Martinez and Turan to make up for his loss, two players for the price of one, I could live with that if the player wants away.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: May 18, 2010 11:21:45 am
      If he wants to go then let him, bring in Banega/Martinez and Turan to make up for his loss, two players for the price of one, I could live with that if the player wants away.

I wouldn't have agreed with this a couple of weeks ago but i'm starting to realise that we could benefit from selling him even though he is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. Sell him for around £35m  .. Sell Babel if we can get a little over £10m for him and then bring in Banega, Turan and a top quality striker with the rest.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32: May 18, 2010 11:24:28 am
      I just don't want to see it turn into another Alonso drama like last season if the lad wants to go, get shot at the earliest opportunity and bring in his replacements before the world cup inflates their fee's.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: May 18, 2010 11:42:13 am
      As much as we love the little chief. . He is not really a fashionable signing. Its more likely that Villa and Fabregas will join Barca. For both footballing and marketing reasons
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: May 18, 2010 11:18:56 pm
      But everyone speaks spanish there

They speak Catalan, which is Spanish but a small sub-dialogue of it. Kind of like Scouse and English, so I guess he would adapt pretty quickly  :laugh:

I would miss the Chief greatly, as there is no one better at what he does, but would also gladly welcome new additions that would improve the squad as a whole.

KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #35: May 19, 2010 03:44:15 am
      Cant see this happening if Barca spending 40mill on Villa and probably going to be about 40 to 45 mill for Fabregas
      They wont have the funds for Masc

Fingers crossed he stays
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36: May 19, 2010 03:52:24 am
      I think he needs to look at this objectively, if it is wife that can't settle then she can do one, stupid bint should be grateful to be living in our area. Well, that's just my opinion ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #37: May 19, 2010 04:19:34 am
      Cant see this happening if Barca spending 40mill on Villa and probably going to be about 40 to 45 mill for Fabregas

Fingers crossed he stays

You're talking about the team who gave their top scorer in Samuel Eto'o, plus £45m, for Ibranoseavic.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38: May 19, 2010 04:25:06 am
      I obviously wouldnt like to lose Masch cause defensively he is one of the very best around. But if he wants to go, then I have to agree with those who said sell him and get a replacement as soon as possible - also, as I remember saying in a discussion last season about which player we would miss the most in case they left (Xabi or Masch), I think Masch is a lot easier to replace. Dont get me wrong, I think he is a fantastic player, but there were times I thought he was a bit over estimated here. He should offer more offensively, and actually I think he can, but simply doesnt try enough. I would love him to stay though, but his heart has to be in it.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #39: May 19, 2010 04:25:38 am
      Transfer list the wife, use the funds to bring in Messi (now he can't complain about there being not enough Argentinians) - with the proceeds from the Riera sale, use to loan in a babysitter for children who is also Argentinian.  Everyone wins.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #40: May 19, 2010 11:16:44 am
      Swap for Messi and you're on. ;)

Nah in all seriousness, I have no idea how good Yaya Toure is so I'm not sure about a swap. Then again we won't see any cash so.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: May 19, 2010 08:01:35 pm
      F**k off with the Yaya Toure's.

He's F***ing pants. He can't even get in the side ahead of Busquets who can't even tackle anyway.

Masch = 25m + Bojan or Pedro.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #42: May 19, 2010 08:12:55 pm
      Meh, just spend 5 million to bring Masch's wife's ladies and their families to live in Liverpool. Save us alot ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #43: May 19, 2010 08:30:24 pm
      Don't know how he thinks Barc are going to be able to afford him with there forecasted signings. He either wants to leave the club or doesn't but it is a F***ing joke if he thinks he can pick the club, the whole F***ing world wants to play for Barc.
      the chef
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #44: May 20, 2010 12:20:48 am

Fingers crossed he stays

Madrid it is then........straight swap for VDV and Higuain...if you please
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #45: May 20, 2010 04:26:59 am
      Because he is the best defensive midfielder in the world!And his role is totally different than Fabreg as.Cesc is offensive player who can play behind striker,on the left,or on the right in attack.I can't believe we are loosing Javier after we lost Xabi last year,our most important players in the midfield :mad:

never mind, at least we'll have Lucas  ;)

Quick Reply