Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 143257 times
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 501 posts |
      Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)
      Jun 14, 2007 07:17:37 am
      From the daily mirror

LIVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez has enraged West Ham by launching an "insulting" £1million bid for Yossi Benayoun.

The 27-year-old Hammers midfielder has now stalled on signing a new five-year contract after telling pals he fancies a move to Anfield.

But Liverpool's cheeky attempt to get Benayoun on the cheap has made West Ham determined not to let him go.

AdvertisementLiverpool wanted to pay just £1m down now, with a further £1m instalment in 12 months' time, but it has been rejected out of hand by West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson.

Benitez has however unsettled Benayoun, who was yesterday due to sign his improved £50,000-a-week deal at Upton Park.

Benayoun, who is also advised by super agent Pini Zahavi, cancelled the meeting claiming that one of his representatives, Romen Katzav, could not make it.

Israeli Benayoun was offered his new contract by West Ham less than three weeks ago - and he claimed then he would be "delighted" to stay as the club had the "best supporters in England".

I think hes a good player but I don't think he is Rafa's first choice which makes me wonder how much money we have to spend.
      What are your thoughts
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2019 06:47:48 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Re: Yossi Benayoun - West Ham
      Reply #1: Jun 14, 2007 08:16:44 am
      I think hes a good player but I don't think he is Rafa's first choice which makes me wonder how much money we have to spend.
      What are your thoughts

I think we have money and all these speculations is just to get under some fan's and maybe even mangemnets skin. Lets wait and see what we have bought at the start of the new campaign before we start making assumptions as to what is going on inside LFC as none of us would know and unless we have internal spy's.

If this story about offering WH 1 mil i myself would have to admit i am Lmao cause to offer that low means you don't really rate him or don't want him unless he is a squad player who you want on the bench
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #2: Jun 14, 2007 09:48:24 am

Why's he too rubbish? What is it you don't like about him?

I actually agree that he's not Liverpool class, wouldn't go as far as saying he's rubbish, but I'd be interested to hear your views on the matter.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #3: Jun 14, 2007 10:14:26 am
      he's rubbish?

wouldn't say that. his first year at the hammers was a sucsess, last season hit and miss. did show his quality in the final run in though. much like garcia in my opinion, can easily frustrate then change a game with a touch of class.

hoping for a higher quality of player but as a replacement for speedy would be good
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #4: Jun 14, 2007 10:17:39 am
      hoping for a higher quality of player but as a replacement for speedy would be good

I'd have to disagree that he could be the replacement for Gonzales. IMO we need someone who's gonna push Kewell down to second choice, someone like Malouda or Silva. We can't rely on Kewell as our first choice as he'll probably be out injured half the season.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Jun 14, 2007 11:25:06 am
      does benitez want to just buy midfields.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun - West Ham...... no but DEFOE?
      Reply #6: Jun 14, 2007 11:59:20 am
      have to say guys this is not the signing we need, in terms of positional cover then yes benayoun can play there..

no he cant play there that well. he isn't a bad player but he is not international class.

for example  Guily for 1.5 or 3 mill which is what west ham want for benayoun..

i just cant work it out, i just cant actually bring myself round to believing we are seriously  gone have a player in our squad like him we don't really need him and his wages are a F***ing joke...

everyone must see and agree he is not the type of player we need at anfield and the whole liverpool fans and rest know that..... i am totally shocked at this potential signing ??? ??? ??? >:(
      Never mind this with west ham, i have just read about Defoe's wages at the preset time at tottenham, can you believe it hes only now after they want to offer him a new deal,,

The new deal only takes him up to 30,000 a week, now i don't know but  just a thought on Jermain Defoe.

1 hes quick and can play right wing and of the striker.

2, prem proven quality

3, not allot of time to settle in

4, only rated at 10 mill, which for is good business.

5, young and has a fairly good health record, with hardly any serious injuries

6 get on well with pennant

7 good squad cover as a striker of just of the front 2.

8 we save paying crap money on forlan or SOME OTHER OVER PRICED FOREIGN GIT crap and at least get someone who on top of his cheap price that adds pace , cover and has a good understanding of team rotation,m he has dealt with it well at the lane... what do you guys think,,,

just an idea ;)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Jun 14, 2007 12:00:57 pm
      Sam, don't let the press wind you up. They have no idea who's coming, and they're just making anything up to sell papers. The more controversial a story is, the more papers it will sell, so we get stories linking us with players like Benayoun & Forlan.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun - West Ham . lets move on
      Reply #8: Jun 14, 2007 12:06:55 pm
      well if they are here to sell papers, they have done well, what are all doing talking about him on the post here then ?

i have moved on to Defoe's wages which is interesting , allot more than any benayoun thread..
       can you belive how spurs can get away with paying below 30 k a week for a international player, one who still has years and growth on his side,,, lets snap him up

i have a gut feeling for Defoe has quick, English and would settle and does not get bad injuries and maybe at 10 mill him up front with crouch with x2 quick wingers each side might work for the money you tell me any one better than Defoe in the English game,,,,, and i know what people are going to say Mr Owen..... ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Jun 14, 2007 01:00:03 pm
      well if they are here to sell papers, they have done well, what are all ***doing talking about him on the post here then ?

Was there a 'you lot' missing from that sentence then Samcharles ?  nearly i think  ::)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #10: Jun 14, 2007 01:59:41 pm
      Taken from the BBC

Liverpool have revealed they are interested in bringing West Ham midfielder Yossi Benayoun to Anfield.
      The Israel international, 27, has verbally agreed to a new five-year deal at Upton Park, but has delayed committing his future in print.

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry said: "I can confirm we've made an approach for Benayoun, but the figures quoted are completely wrong.

"Other than that we don't want to say any more."

Some reports suggested Liverpool had already offered £1m for the Israel captain, while others understood the figure to be £3m.

West Ham are believed to have rejected the bid as they aim to tie their midfielder, who joined from Racing Santander in 2005 for £2.5m, to a £50,000-a-week deal.

Last month, it was widely reported that Benayoun had signed the new contract although his agent Ronen Katzav later revealed his player had only agreed in principle.

So It looks like we are interested after all, maybe Rafa see's him as a cheap winger option because at the moment I don’t see where else we intend to use him.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #11: Jun 14, 2007 02:13:14 pm
      if we are considering signing him at a cheap price, and theres talks about it...i also consider how much we have to spend this summer...
      theres no way he would be in our starting 11 squad.
      We have and must sign players who will be in the starting 11 every week, we cant afford to sign mediocre players to sit on the bench...what a waste that would be...i would be furious if rafa signs bench players that aren't good enough for this team to win trophies...
      if we do sign bench players, they must be equally as good as those on the pitch, who can make an impact when they come on, and constantly push for a starting place...
      he is not goo enough...think about it, why are we getting ex west-ham and charlton players?? why not aim to the biggest clubs in europe to scout players from??
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #12: Jun 14, 2007 03:42:34 pm
      I am beggining to wonder how much money Rafa will be given this summer.If we can't even buy low class players like Benayoun, then i dont believe we will sign big stars.What are the owners doing.Didn't they promise big bucks.Are turning their backs now and saying we shouldn't spend like drunken sailors?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #13: Jun 14, 2007 04:23:57 pm
      He's certainly ugly enough to play for us  :D
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #14: Jun 14, 2007 04:31:27 pm
      Eddie, I'm not letting the press wind me up but it seems the press has it right with the way Rick parry not long ago has made a official club statement saying they have made a bid.

i don't care what anyone thinks he is a complete waste of money.......... so we have to believe some of the press as i said in a few posts back there is always something in some of their stories..

if we make this signing i have to really question why Alonso Reina and Gerrard in particular stayed at the club???????????/ >:(   i also cant just let this go, buying a player like this is disgusting and shows no ambition at all, hes not like a 22 years old fresh on the stage, hes near the end of his pretty average career.
      smigger 15  hello old son.........
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #15: Jun 14, 2007 04:49:22 pm
      smigger 15  hello old son.........

Old Son!!!  ???  you kept that quiet Smiggs I didnt even know you had booked in for the operation yet!  :laughing-smiley-014:
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2007 04:53:50 pm by Glenbuck »
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #16: Jun 14, 2007 04:55:11 pm
       He is an average player and I am getting fed up of us signing these mediocre players he is a good (not great) player for an average team (West ham) so IMO he will be a carling cup player for us, I think signing a player like this will see us taking a step in the wrong direction in a summer where I had much hope of some great players joining us we are looking in to sign a very very average player. I have watched him play alot and my opinion is shared with a good friend of mine who is a big west ham fan and feels Yossi is overrated......not so sure he will be happy that I called west ham an average team!!!
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 14, 2007 05:09:22 pm
      In the Region of a 1-3million bid id take him like a shot.

Going against the general views on him, I think he's fairly decent player, (not a world beater though)
      I think putting him in between the strikers in an attacking Mid-fielder role he could do a job for us
      But thats where Luis is at his best IMO, I think Yossi would be a decent squad player and gets my Tumbs up :coolup: (once its no more than 3million)

Remember the FA Cup against West Ham? He was superb that day
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #18: Jun 14, 2007 05:42:32 pm
      oh so because he had one good game against us we should pay anything upto 3 million for him, sorry but he is not liverpool standard but this is just my opinion but i would be gutted if we sign him!!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #19: Jun 14, 2007 06:29:58 pm
      Sorry, just not the consistant quality we need. I thhink we've off loaded players of equal ability. This is not a move in the right direction.
      freddy15
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 14, 2007 06:41:50 pm
      A bit confused as to why we would go after Benayoun. Not exactly the top class signing we are after.  ???
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #21: Jun 14, 2007 09:23:11 pm
      This one must be about bellamy.  As WH have offered Liverpool a small fee (7-8M) knowing that we bought the player for 6m last year. so Parry has countered it with 3m for benayoun knowing they bought him 2.5m.  Can't seriously see us buying him.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #22: Jun 14, 2007 09:27:45 pm
      Worried. Very worried.

Our first 'confirmed' transfer target of the summer is someone I can't actually see ever playing for us. Unless our team are struck down with Avian flu and then he might get on the bench.

I haven't been worried until I heard this.  This isn't shaping up to be the summer I expected.

The best thing about him is his name.

Quick Reply