Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 143230 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun - West Ham
      Reply #23: Jun 14, 2007 09:35:02 pm
      I can't see this happening, although it does make me worry a bit as to what calibre of player is coming to the club. Benayoun is no better then Pennant in my opinion and therefore doesn't add anything to the squad. I have said before in another topic that our squad is already strong and we only should be looking at 3-4 top class players to give us that extra bit of quality, particularly in the final third. Agree with Jabba if this is the type of signing we have to look forward to I will not be impressed.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #24: Jun 14, 2007 10:16:02 pm
      Why are we going for 2nd rate players?! The club is really starting to piss me off, full of false promises, unless there is action going on behind the scenes then next season will be another 3rd - 4th place battle. Why aren'e we even approaching 1st class players?  >:(
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #25: Jun 14, 2007 11:08:30 pm
      Why are we going for 2nd rate players?! The club is really starting to piss me off, full of false promises, unless there is action going on behind the scenes then next season will be another 3rd - 4th place battle. Why aren'e we even approaching 1st class players?  >:(

Listen mate, I know your feeling pissed about the situation just like most of us 'real' fans are but we just have to wait and see what signings we make in June. If you'd settle for Kuyt, Kewell, Crouch and maybe Pennant to be key players for LFC then your attitude is not good enough, if you only want LFC to settle for the best and nothing for the best then you've got that attitude of bring back the old days.

All we can do is WAIT and see who is that signing that meant to excite the Liverpool fans.
      Brophy
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 14, 2007 11:55:15 pm
      wait til afta the spannish league is over.rafa will be busy
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 15, 2007 07:47:41 am
      wait til afta the spannish league is over.rafa will be busy

I have a good feeling we Rafa has already been thee and done that and can't unveil anyone till La Liga is over so lets relax and wait for conformation on who we have signed before we all atart losing our marbles
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Jun 15, 2007 11:07:18 am
      we have Gerrard, Masherano, Alonso, Levia, Sissoko, do we really need another midfielder
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #29: Jun 15, 2007 11:18:49 am
      Looks a good player but we dont need him we need to be looking at top players plus we need strikers not midfielders.
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #30: Jun 15, 2007 11:23:21 am
      oh so because he had one good game against us we should pay anything upto 3 million for him, sorry but he is not liverpool standard but this is just my opinion but I would be gutted if we sign him!!!

No no My opinion isn't based on that ''one performance'' it was just an example of one quality performance by the guy that we've all seen

and I fully agree with the fact he's certainly not a player (world beater if you will) But he is a player that Rafa would find a use for and do a pretty decent job!! Personally Iv always liked him, (Note the word Squad player) Hes Not a player that'll be a regular first 11 thats for sure

I agree he's not the quality first signing we were all expecting No argument there, Im just trying to put a positive spin on it.
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2007 11:30:06 am by bruno7 »
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #31: Jun 15, 2007 05:32:21 pm
      No no My opinion isn't based on that ''one performance'' it was just an example of one quality performance by the guy that we've all seen

and I fully agree with the fact he's certainly not a player (world beater if you will) But he is a player that Rafa would find a use for and do a pretty decent job!! Personally Iv always liked him, (Note the word Squad player) Hes Not a player that'll be a regular first 11 thats for sure

I agree he's not the quality first signing we were all expecting No argument there, Im just trying to put a positive spin on it.

Ok mate maybe i was a bit ott but i just feel he is going to be another zenden who just frustrated the hell out of me everytime he put on the red shirt just feel he is n o better then the sh*t we have let go¬!!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #32: Jun 15, 2007 07:08:22 pm
      I like Yossi Benayoun and think he will be a good buy for us. In the league game at Anfield last season he was buy far and above West Hams best player. He is a play maker although if I remember rightly he was out on the right of midfield alot in that game. His favored position is to play just behind the strikers, a role that Rafa like to play given the amount of times that Garica or Gerrard has played there. I think this would be more than a squad buy and to liken him to Zenden is very harsh to say the least.
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #33: Jun 15, 2007 10:18:37 pm
      this is ridiculous benayoun,is he actually better than anything we've already got I'd rather give one of the reserves a go instead of this signing, promot nabil el zhar or hammill to the first team instead.
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2007 10:21:06 pm by camara14 »
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #34: Jun 16, 2007 02:04:48 am
      benayoun is a joke...he is not even close to being better than what we already have, im sure our reserves are better!!!......what a waste!!!!! what are we thinking??
      im getting really fustrated and annoyed at hearing names like bent, forlan, benayoun and to some extent even tevez....we are better than that!!!
      grrrrrrrrr soo annoying......
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Jun 16, 2007 02:49:41 am
      benayoun is a joke...he is not even close to being better than what we already have, im sure our reserves are better!!!......what a waste!!!!! what are we thinking??
      im getting really fustrated and annoyed at hearing names like bent, forlan, benayoun and to some extent even tevez....we are better than that!!!
      grrrrrrrrr soo annoying......

From what I've seen of Benayoun, I wouldn't say he's a joke at all. In fact I'd say he's not a bad little player. Wouldn't go so far to say he's what we are needing, but for the right price, I'd think he'd be a good addition to the squad. If you think about the players we have, who are a little bit slinky and tricky and able to play behind the strikers, then it's probably only Garcia who stands out. And he blows hot and cold....
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #36: Jun 16, 2007 05:26:44 am
      Rafa's favored formation next season will be 1-3-6-1. All the midfielders will be colliding with each other every few minutes and our lone striker will be beating a lonely path up front, or so it seems.

Unless I'm completely missing the point can someone please explain to me why we need yet another midfielder. We need another world class striker, to score goals, and win things!

I really do hope Rafa has a rabbit in a hat somewhere because if all the speculation about this player and that player being linked with Liverpool is true nothing I've seen / heard yet has wet my appetite. Like I've said before what is going on behind closed doors at Anfield is anyones guess and until something is set in stone we'll just have to wait with baited breath... but not too long please Rafa, my lungs aren't that big!  :-\

Check out this impression / interview with 'Rafa Benitez' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdKzmAugiUs
      Pretty good!  ;)
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #37: Jun 16, 2007 07:29:49 am
      From what I've seen of Benayoun, I wouldn't say he's a joke at all. In fact I'd say he's not a bad little player. Wouldn't go so far to say he's what we are needing, but for the right price, I'd think he'd be a good addition to the squad. If you think about the players we have, who are a little bit slinky and tricky and able to play behind the strikers, then it's probably only Garcia who stands out. And he blows hot and cold....

thats your opinion...obviously you dont want us to win the premiership then...he will not make a difference to this squad...
      we need 'world class' to compete with the mancs and chelsea....
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #38: Jun 16, 2007 11:52:36 am
      look first of all the only reason we will get him on the cheap is he is out of contract he is a genuinely good player and im sure if we had signed a couple of big name players by now we would not be slagging the lad (to get him for 1-2m would be great business as a squad player), no one is saying he will be our star summer signing but but one of more than a few so hold your horses and lets see what happens in the next week with regards to la liga and the player/s we all want.
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #39: Jun 16, 2007 01:03:41 pm
      Hes not rubbish but we wont improve on what weve got already and he certainly wont get us closer to the premiership title like SIMAO! would
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Jun 16, 2007 07:47:14 pm
      thats your opinion...obviously you dont want us to win the premiership then...he will not make a difference to this squad...
      we need 'world class' to compete with the mancs and chelsea....

:D I obviously don't want us to win the league?
      If you have another look at my earlier post, you'll see I said I wouldn't go so far to say he's what we are needing.
      We need a deadly striker who can score more than 15 goals a season!!!!!

From what I've seen of him, I don't think he would be a bad addition to the squad for the right price.

Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #41: Jun 16, 2007 09:24:04 pm
      i would love to see youssi at the club. he would excite the fans with his heart for the game. pluis, not only can he play midfield (center or wing) but also striker
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #42: Jun 16, 2007 10:17:20 pm
      will yossi benayoun play well? i no he has already proven what he can do but what if he doesn't? well.....

Plus with luis garica what will happen with him?
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 16, 2007 10:20:36 pm
      We should be buying players who will improve our starting XI, Yossi Benayoun doesnt not fill that bill.  I'm hoping that once the spanish season finishes then we'll see how much Rafa has been given to spend and hopefully its on the players that will effect our starting XI e.g. e'eto, torres, villa, sliva, alves, milito,
      liverpool07
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #44: Jun 17, 2007 11:18:59 am
      in the paper today it said that yossi is goin to tell west ham he wants to leave
      pennant-de-legend
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 17, 2007 01:24:55 pm
      in the paper today it said that yossi is goin to tell west ham he wants to leave
      yea i seen that myself
      i think hes a very good player..with great heart for the game
      But i dont think he would fit in at Liverpool

Quick Reply