Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 143669 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun - West Ham
      Reply #46: Jun 22, 2007 11:39:04 am
      Seems like Rafa really sees a use for the lad as he is supposedly stepping up his interest,we had a £3million bid for the Israeli winger knocked back earlier in June, and its now being widely reported that we are prepared to return with an improved offer of £4.5million.Sounds great in principal but although I am the eternal optimist regarding LFC I cant help wondering why all the talk of a multi million pound bid for Torres has faded and instead we are now told Benayoun for 4.5m is the most likely deal to happen...at the moment! I will just have to practice what I preach and be patient and optimistic.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #47: Jun 22, 2007 11:50:14 am
      I think it means that we are likely to get torres, as were gonna be offering luis I think yossi would be luis's replacement, similiar type of player (garcia would score more) but I think yossi is less selfish and would create more...........

4.5 tho, thought he was in the last year of his contract??
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #48: Jun 22, 2007 12:12:57 pm
      I think it means that we are likely to get torres, as were gonna be offering luis I think yossi would be luis's replacement, similiar type of player (garcia would score more) but I think yossi is less selfish and would create more...........

4.5 tho, thought he was in the last year of his contract??

Your a lifesaver mate, i dont know if its because I'm in work but i must be brain dead today  ;D  as you say Benayoun is a replacement for Garcia who will depart so we can capture Torres that all makes sense. It's just more and more people are coming out with the "Rafa only has very limited funds" stories and one i heard today was from a quite reliable source, but sod them we will spend when the time and players are right.
      elaineges
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      • a minute of success pays for years of failure
      Reply #49: Jun 22, 2007 12:32:46 pm
      Hi Fella's this is my first attempt at posting so bear with me. I have been a reds fan all my life as has my father before me, i too am becoming increasingly frustrated by our lack of action in the transfer market. Yossi might be the first of many, i hope so anyway as i believe he is a very creative player, something we have lacked for a long time now. We are being fed a daily diet of drivel from the press regarding transfer funds, we all know deep down that there will be lots of new quality in our beloved team next season so just try to be patient and keep dreaming. 
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #50: Jun 22, 2007 12:43:05 pm
      remember benayoun's performance against us in the fa cup final he got a winning attitude.
      elaineges
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      • a minute of success pays for years of failure
      Reply #51: Jun 22, 2007 12:49:37 pm
      If like me you crave to see someone running at defenders on the edge of their own penalty area, then why not benayoun. As i hinted earlier he may be the first of many, and just because he doesn't cost 15 - 25m we are being programmed to believe he may not be good enough.
      PaintingTheTownRed
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #52: Jun 22, 2007 01:25:50 pm
      If Garcia is going as part of a deal for Torres, then I wouldn't mind having benayoun to play that role in behind the strikers...otherwise, I don't really see the point.
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #53: Jun 22, 2007 01:56:00 pm
      If Garcia is going as part of a deal for Torres, then I wouldn't mind having benayoun to play that role in behind the strikers...otherwise, I don't really see the point.

I think Rafa is definitly bidding so Little Luis can go, would hate that to happen but it seems more likely now.
      Kofansatboston
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #54: Jun 22, 2007 03:57:21 pm
      you know what, people keep saying something bad about signing Torres, I am wondering what do they feel about this topic of signing "Benayoun". The worst case, even Torres is not good, I feel like I have a better day when that news announce than the news about Benayoun. This news is driving me nuts, I think Rafa is trying to develop 2 average team instead of 1 good team from all what i heard (Except Torres). I hope i am wrong. 
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #55: Jun 22, 2007 05:07:31 pm
      haha what a joke not good enough for us how many midfields do we want
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun - West Ham crap complete crap.
      Reply #56: Jun 22, 2007 05:19:39 pm
      H >:(e just insnt the sort we need.

come on ........ dont try telling me thats the player we need and at 3.5 mill / 4 mill do me a favour, if you told me pederson was a squad buy then that i can take however benayoun then sorry   thats a no for me a big F***ing NO.

END OF.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #57: Jun 22, 2007 08:51:05 pm
      King Kenny was a surprise buy from Celtic and people wondered if he could hack it in the English 1st Div.
      Souness from Middlesborough? what did we want him for?  A lot of you perhaps don't remember those incidents but look what they developed into. Probably our best ever signings. Mabey the scouts and Rafa see something in these " lesser" players that they can develop. I like to think we can buy the best and the proven but perhaps we should have more faith.  Surely we will find a "King Kenny" or a "Souness" soon and not another Zenden or Palletta. I just hope we don't run out of time and fall further behind in the prem.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #58: Jun 22, 2007 08:56:45 pm
      King Kenny was a surprise buy from Celtic and people wondered if he could hack it in the English 1st Div.
      Souness from Middlesborough? what did we want him for?  A lot of you perhaps don't remember those incidents but look what they developed into. Probably our best ever signings. Mabey the scouts and Rafa see something in these " lesser" players that they can develop. I like to think we can buy the best and the proven but perhaps we should have more faith.  Surely we will find a "King Kenny" or a "Souness" soon and not another Zenden or Palletta. I just hope we don't run out of time and fall further behind in the prem.

Don't forget Rushie from Chester, and Aldridge from Oxford.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #59: Jun 23, 2007 12:04:42 am
      If like me you crave to see someone running at defenders on the edge of their own penalty area, then why not benayoun. As I hinted earlier he may be the first of many, and just because he doesn't cost 15 - 25m we are being programmed to believe he may not be good enough.

I kind of see where you are coming from. I have said before on the forum that it is not always the 'big name' players that are the right signing but I just can't see how Benayoun can improve the squad. But if he does sign I hope to be proved wrong.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #60: Jun 23, 2007 08:00:48 am
      maybe you dont want us to win the league after all....how can we afford to have a "DEADLY" striker who can only score more than 15 goals a season?? (maybe their first season with us)  that will get us 3rd or 4th place again...
      How about we get a striker who can put away atleast 20 goals a season?? how would that sound??

:D I obviously don't want us to win the league?
      If you have another look at my earlier post, you'll see I said I wouldn't go so far to say he's what we are needing.
      We need a deadly striker who can score more than 15 goals a season!!!!!
      From what I've seen of him, I don't think he would be a bad addition to the squad for the right price.

« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2007 08:03:22 am by scouser_10 »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #61: Jun 23, 2007 11:38:42 am
      maybe you dont want us to win the league after all....how can we afford to have a "DEADLY" striker who can only score more than 15 goals a season?? (maybe their first season with us)  that will get us 3rd or 4th place again...
      How about we get a striker who can put away atleast 20 goals a season?? how would that sound??

Take a look at what redkenny posted mate, then look at what you wrote.
      You don't make sence.
      Redkenny is saying that we need a striker who WILL score more than 15,
      and you wrote 'who can only score more than 15 goals a season' - ??? - I would be worried if he only scored less than 15 goals.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #62: Jun 23, 2007 11:59:01 am
      Take a look at what redkenny posted mate, then look at what you wrote.
      You don't make sence.
      Redkenny is saying that we need a striker who WILL score more than 15,
      and you wrote 'who can only score more than 15 goals a season' - ??? - I would be worried if he only scored less than 15 goals.

Morning Tommo.   :gt-happyup:

Bloody hell more arguments between scouser and kenny??  Lighten up a bit scouser, Kenny's only having a joke.  You have obviously misunderstood his post.  Read posts before you pass on judgement. 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #63: Jun 23, 2007 12:28:32 pm

Keep yer knickers on!  :D

First of all, if you're going to carry on with these unjust provocative posts (not just in this thread), you really need to read posts properly mate. As mrtommo has noted, I did say more than 15 goals a season. You've banged on about Torres and how many goals did he score the last few seasons in La Liga? I can't see what the point of your post is to be honest. Maybe it would have been valid if I said less than 20 goals a season? But I didn't did I.
      Get a grip and keep on topic.
      Redfish
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #64: Jun 23, 2007 02:49:14 pm
      This is my first post,just joined,there are some great views on here so I thought I'd join in.On Torres,this guy has scored goals on an average team while carrying the expectations of everybody at the club.He is their captain and leader and the main focus of every game plan they face.All this aged 23yrs old.Just imagine what he will be like without that burden.This kid has been regarded by most as one of the top young players around for some time.As far as price goes,everybody knew what he would probably cost so why get involved if you don't want to pay it.Buy him..On Benayoun,he is a player who runs at people and has good skill,with smarter players running off the ball he can only get better, 4.5mill,got to be worth it.The key for me is how you use players.I love Rafa,the man is the best around,I hope the new owners see it too.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #65: Jun 26, 2007 12:53:01 pm
      I've got a feeling he'll sign today
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #66: Jun 26, 2007 04:49:07 pm
      Lets hope he doesnt sign at all,he just isnt LFC class.He will not get us any nearer the title.Please Sven sign him!!!!
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun - West Ham sh*t AND WE DO NOT want him
      Reply #67: Jun 26, 2007 05:10:02 pm
      red man great post benayoun is not at all the type of player we need

you cant image man utd or even Chelsea buying that type of player and for 4.5 mill what has he really done one good game in the fa cupfinal against us and he wasn't the best player for west ham that day either....

Jesus i cant stand by and let fans think he would be god at 4.5 mill do me a favor?

anyone that knows what liverpool need is GOOD heavy hitting athletic type players who have pace and of athletic build.

It is totally n NOT right to say benayoun is the type we need,,,,,,,, thats a CROCK of sh*t to be fair don't want this chap at ALL....... >:(
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #68: Jun 26, 2007 05:24:02 pm
      Personally I don't want him, nor do I think we shall sign him, but I'm not going to slag him off either.
      BUT, what I can only think is the reason he has been linked, is as a replacement for Garcia.
      Little Luis is a one off player at Liverpool, who can produce a piece of magic by either scoring a beauty or creating a chance by pure brilliance.
      Now, if he is to be unloaded, by either a makeweight in the Torres deal, or by just being sold off - I think Rafa see's Benayoun as a straight replacement.
      Benayoun is (if we like it or not) a Premiership player, who will cost less than we'll get for Luis, and can put some creatativity into our midfield.
      That is something we do lack, that little piece of skill / magic, that crafty through ball, that unexpected shot - and maybe that is what Rafa see's in him.
      I cannot see us signing him if Luis stays.
      But if we do, then please don't scream and shout saying he's not good enough, GET BEHIND HIM FFS.

Quick Reply