Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 143238 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)
      Reply #1081: Jul 05, 2010 09:06:31 pm
      Very very unlikely, when did Rafa arrange that, the season is over a couple of months. There was questions on Rafas future he was hardly in a position to promise any players anything.

More likely he was sold by Purslow and co and there are just trying to shift the blame like they always do.

So if Hodgson wanted to keep him Benni would have said no I agreed something with the Ex manager. Benyoun was sold to pay off Rafa and pay Fulham compensation.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #1082: Jul 07, 2010 05:59:32 pm
      I heard a rumour from a Chelsea mate of mine who said this was an Abramovich signing to win favour with some very heavy ex-pat Russians living in Israel.

Might be a load of balls but I can't think of a reason why they would sign him.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #1083: Jul 07, 2010 08:19:47 pm
      I can tell you now that Roman ripped off a lot of people in Russia

He has some of the worlds best bodyguards who are ex SAS.

He offered season tickets to his bodyguards.

I live near the SAS camp and Know a lot of EX SAS guys.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1084: Jul 08, 2010 03:17:59 pm
      I really can't believe the sh*t that Yossi is getting on here lads. I have nothing but respect for him, one of our most creative players yet he was constantly overlooked by Rafa during his tenure. The comments regarding his lack of input are unfair when you consider Rafa would prefer to use him as an impact substitute the majority of the time. Can you blame Yossi for wanting to leave after being benched for most of last season ( regardless of injuries ) when our so called wingers were turning out utter sh*te, week after week?. Rafa overlooked the creativity problem last season in favour of a more reserved approach, Yossi suffered because of this approach and Lucas and Kuyt thrived because of it.

With regards to the loyalty issue crouchinho, i didn't hear you question his loyalty when he left West Ham to join us. Yossi goes with my blessing and i wish him all the best in the future. Yossi didn't leave us, we lost Yossi.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1085: Jul 10, 2010 01:05:36 am
      Maybe remove the topic icon picture of him as it is of him in a red shirt? Don't think he is worthy of that now...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1086: Jul 10, 2010 03:19:30 am
      I really can't believe the sh*t that Yossi is getting on here lads. I have nothing but respect for him, one of our most creative players yet he was constantly overlooked by Rafa during his tenure. The comments regarding his lack of input are unfair when you consider Rafa would prefer to use him as an impact substitute the majority of the time. Can you blame Yossi for wanting to leave after being benched for most of last season ( regardless of injuries ) when our so called wingers were turning out utter sh*te, week after week?. Rafa overlooked the creativity problem last season in favour of a more reserved approach, Yossi suffered because of this approach and Lucas and Kuyt thrived because of it.

With regards to the loyalty issue crouchinho, i didn't hear you question his loyalty when he left West Ham to join us. Yossi goes with my blessing and i wish him all the best in the future. Yossi didn't leave us, we lost Yossi.

If he was loyal, he would have given a new manager with a new approach a chance. But he didn't.

He can F**k RIGHT off.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1087: Jul 11, 2010 01:03:24 am
      Exactly Res, if he thinks he's gonna go and be a first team starter at the Chavs then he has my full blessings. On yer bike Yossi, thanks for the memories.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1088: Jul 11, 2010 04:16:42 pm
      If he was loyal, he would have given a new manager with a new approach a chance. But he didn't.

He can f**k RIGHT off.

Exactly Res, if he thinks he's gonna go and be a first team starter at the Chavs then he has my full blessings. On yer bike Yossi, thanks for the memories.

I can't believe you feel like that lads. He was frozen out by Rafa. He was one of our most creative players yet Rafa shunned him. He agreed to go after Rafa told him he was not wanted. I've lost a lot of respect for him after what i've read in The Kop about his interview with that scabby rag ( if it is confirmed ). What i do still have though, is respect for Yossi as a player. I have respect for him for keeping quiet and not mouthing off to the press when he felt so alienated. If i was as good a player as Yossi and i had to put up with watching Lucas Leiva start ahead of me it would break me too.

I still maintain my belief that we lost Yossi, he didn't leave us. And i will still wish him the best of luck with Chelsea. In my eyes ( barring the alleged interview ) he has done nothing wrong and was one of our most creative players. Hardly ever picked, and when he was, Rafa played him out of position, now there's a F***ing surprise!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1089: Jul 11, 2010 04:20:32 pm
      F**k you Yossi.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #1090: Jul 11, 2010 04:41:24 pm
      I hope Mascherano stays with us and when we play those cu*ts, he lays a bone-crunching hit on the little tw*t. Just to send a message, not break anything.

F**k off Yossi.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1091: Jul 11, 2010 04:42:35 pm
      I can't believe you feel like that lads. He was frozen out by Rafa. He was one of our most creative players yet Rafa shunned him. He agreed to go after Rafa told him he was not wanted. I've lost a lot of respect for him after what i've read in The Kop about his interview with that scabby rag ( if it is confirmed ). What i do still have though, is respect for Yossi as a player. I have respect for him for keeping quiet and not mouthing off to the press when he felt so alienated. If i was as good a player as Yossi and i had to put up with watching Lucas Leiva start ahead of me it would break me too.

I still maintain my belief that we lost Yossi, he didn't leave us. And i will still wish him the best of luck with Chelsea. In my eyes ( barring the alleged interview ) he has done nothing wrong and was one of our most creative players. Hardly ever picked, and when he was, Rafa played him out of position, now there's a F***ing surprise!

The fact is, he could have stayed when he knew Roy was on his way. If he'd given him a chance, then he would probably have been pleasantly surprised.

But he didn't. He wouldn't.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1092: Jul 11, 2010 05:17:21 pm
      Just seen that he blasted Rafa and said that he was the reason for leaving Liverpool.

Yeah, 'cause that makes sense you c**t. Are you blind to the fact that we have a new manager?

Hope you're a failure at Chelsea. Can't see that you'll get many games anyway.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1093: Jul 11, 2010 05:17:24 pm
      The fact is, he could have stayed when he knew Roy was on his way. If he'd given him a chance, then he would probably have been pleasantly surprised.

But he didn't. He wouldn't.

Does anyone know for certain that the deal wasn't sealed before Rafa's departure?.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1094: Jul 11, 2010 05:20:35 pm
      Just seen that he blasted Rafa and said that he was the reason for leaving Liverpool.

Yeah, 'cause that makes sense you c**t. Are you blind to the fact that we have a new manager?

Hope you're a failure at Chelsea. Can't see that you'll get many games anyway.

In all fairness Ross, Rafa told him to go. He's not the first player to speak of Rafa's icy exterior and i doubt he'll be the last either.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #1095: Jul 11, 2010 05:31:21 pm
      F**k off Yossi. Rafa leaves, then Yossi leaves, then Yossi blames Rafa for pushing him out. Nonsensical.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1096: Jul 11, 2010 05:33:05 pm
      Another thing is clear - he's forgotten that we took him from a career of mediocrity to the highest level of football.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1097: Jul 11, 2010 05:41:42 pm
      Does anyone know for certain that the deal wasn't sealed before Rafa's departure?.

Rafa was on holiday from late May. The transfer window opened on 1st June.

Theoretically, it's not a certainty that it was tied up.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1098: Jul 11, 2010 06:32:29 pm
      F**k off Yossi. Rafa leaves, then Yossi leaves, then Yossi blames Rafa for pushing him out. Nonsensical.

How can you say it's nonsensical?. Nobody knows the full story of what happened. Rafa is as guilty as Yossi in my eyes. I certainly don't think that Yossi is a sh*t stirrer. Amazing how quickly people can turn on him.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1099: Jul 11, 2010 06:34:59 pm
      How can you say it's nonsensical?. Nobody knows the full story of what happened. Rafa is as guilty as Yossi in my eyes. I certainly don't think that Yossi is a sh*t stirrer. Amazing how quickly people can turn on him.

He did the interview with NOTW FFS.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1100: Jul 11, 2010 07:46:10 pm
      He did the interview with NOTW FFS.

I've already stated in the last but one post that he's lost a lot of respect from myself for doing that interview. What i won't do is mask Rafa's inadequacies as a people person. Yes, i accept Yossi is at fault for doing the interview with that Scumrag, but i defend his right to air his grievances about how Rafa treated him, though he could have done it with a little more subtlety.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1101: Jul 11, 2010 07:59:07 pm
      Rafa was on holiday from late May. The transfer window opened on 1st June.

Theoretically, it's not a certainty that it was tied up.

I know Res. I don't know the ins and outs of transfers but i'm sure that pre-contract agreements can be signed before the transfer window opens.

Yossi has said that Rafa told him to leave after the last training session before the Hull game. So that would have been the 7th or 8th May.

Benitez was sacked on the 3rd June. So there was nearly a month between Rafa telling him to find a new club and Rafa being removed from his post.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1102: Jul 11, 2010 09:54:34 pm
      I've already stated in the last but one post that he's lost a lot of respect from myself for doing that interview. What i won't do is mask Rafa's inadequacies as a people person. Yes, i accept Yossi is at fault for doing the interview with that Scumrag, but i defend his right to air his grievances about how Rafa treated him, though he could have done it with a little more subtlety.

And I'll defend my right to say he's an f'n professional footballer, shouldn't need a cuddle from the boss or bloody moddy-coddling.  I take pride in my profession from doing my job well, I don't need validation from other people.  How f'n needy are these whinging b*stards?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1103: Jul 11, 2010 10:36:27 pm
      And I'll defend my right to say he's an f'n professional footballer, shouldn't need a cuddle from the boss or bloody moddy-coddling.  I take pride in my profession from doing my job well, I don't need validation from other people.  How f'n needy are these whinging b*stards?

Oh yeah, i forgot, all people are the same aren't they?. That's why what works for one player works for all, it's so simple isn't it?. Yossi was a better player than Riera, Babel and Lucas, yet Rafa only saw him as a substitute and then asked him to leave the Club. You ask any manager, in any profession, if there is a rule of thumb to how you handle people and situations and they will all tell you that every person and situation are completely different. Rafa handled Yossi badly.

Quick Reply