Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)

Read 143265 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea)
      Reply #1104: Jul 12, 2010 11:17:33 am
      I heard a rumour from a Chelsea mate of mine who said this was an Abramovich signing to win favour with some very heavy ex-pat Russians living in Israel.

Might be a load of balls but I can't think of a reason why they would sign him.

Well then Roman and his pals are gonna F***ing love it if Yossi fucks up, cos Chelsea fans are F***ing ruthless towards the yids, just ask Spurs everytime they play at Stamford Bridge.

Loved the letter in the Liverpool Echo from Thursday. when one nobhead was wishing Yossi well and saying how he never ever played in his true position behind the striker. I wonder why that is?

Answers on a postcard to What F***ing position has Gerrard been playing?
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1105: Jul 12, 2010 02:43:07 pm
      And I'll defend my right to say he's an f'n professional footballer, shouldn't need a cuddle from the boss or bloody moddy-coddling.  I take pride in my profession from doing my job well, I don't need validation from other people.  How f'n needy are these whinging b*stards?

One difference between a normal profession and a footballer's is the public aspect. A lot of footballers DON'T court the media or look for attention. Plenty wouldn't be particularly comfortable as public figures. Yes, they get well (over) paid - but like any of us they have doubts and insecurities. Throw in a rough ride on TV or in the papers and it can rock, particularly younger guys, confidence. So I think there ARE times when 1-1 man management skills can help a player work through a difficult time, build up their confidence, and maybe even help in their development.
      Not saying though that sometimes a kick up the arse might not be a better solution. Different strokes ...
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #1106: Jul 12, 2010 04:22:52 pm
      It's his opinion and whatever he felt during his stay here, maybe only he knew. But to be fair, it was Rafa who brought him here and I think Rafa knew what he wanted to do with Yossi. But blaming Rafa was unjust. He's already at a new club, think forward and try not to live in the past. Blaming Rafa is not the answer. As much as I respected him, I hope he rot there.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1107: Jul 12, 2010 04:29:07 pm
      Another cheap shot at rafa,yossi has been making all the wrong noises in the press last season regarding playing time and being linked to other clubs so for him to go to chelsea im a little bit suprised for I see him playing alot of football on the bench.

Yossi move on we have and I hope you rent boys get inter in the champions leauge so rafa can crack that big nose of yours.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1108: Jul 12, 2010 07:42:07 pm
      Well then Roman and his pals are gonna f**king love it if Yossi fucks up, cos Chelsea fans are f**king ruthless towards the yids, just ask Spurs everytime they play at Stamford Bridge.

Loved the letter in the Liverpool Echo from Thursday. when one nobhead was wishing Yossi well and saying how he never ever played in his true position behind the striker. I wonder why that is?

Answers on a postcard to What f**king position has Gerrard been playing?

With all due respect Huyton Red, nobody really expects Rafa to play players in their natural positions. Just ask Kuyt, Babel, Yossi and Lucas ( due to the fact that the majority feel he is an attacking midfielder being forced to adopt a defensive mindset). Even Gerrard plays out of his natural position ( even though he can play anywhere ).

Anyway, Yossi leaves with my blessing. I'll say no more on the matter as the Rafa wagon is in full motion.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1109: Jul 13, 2010 06:47:01 am
      I really don't have issue with Yossi is saying because based on few other players who played with the club and what you hear about Rafa managing style he can be a real hard ass and if he doesn't want you at the club he lets it be known, just maybe in a way the players don't like but Rafa is not a players manager.

Nothing wrong with it and to be honest most of the best manager are like that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #1110: Jul 13, 2010 04:10:12 pm
      Does anyone know for certain that the deal wasn't sealed before Rafa's departure?.

Wouldn't this be like blaming Houllier for Owen leaving for Madrid.

Hope the little tw*t goes the same way as that rat down the east lancs.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1111: Jul 13, 2010 05:36:28 pm
      I really don't have issue with Yossi is saying because based on few other players who played with the club and what you hear about Rafa managing style he can be a real hard ass and if he doesn't want you at the club he lets it be known, just maybe in a way the players don't like but Rafa is not a players manager.

Nothing wrong with it and to be honest most of the best manager are like that.
      I don't get why he had to say anything at all though. Why couldn't he just say that the chance of playing CL football this season was enough to persuade him. The deal had been done and he's at Chavski now so why bother slating Rafa off?
      Lucarelli
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #1112: Jul 14, 2010 01:00:55 pm
      I wish he had stayed in our team. Anyway ... good luck Yossi
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #1113: Jul 14, 2010 05:23:34 pm
      I don't get why he had to say anything at all though. Why couldn't he just say that the chance of playing CL football this season was enough to persuade him. The deal had been done and he's at Chavski now so why bother slating Rafa off?

He wants the truth to be known about his former manager :D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #1114: Jul 15, 2010 09:09:40 pm
      Yossi at it again

Ex-Liverpool FC attacker Yossi Benayoun enjoying training at Chelsea because they use a ball
      YOSSI BENAYOUN says the training at Chelsea is different to at Liverpool – in that they use a ball.

Benayoun has started training with his new club following his £6million summer move from Anfield.

Chelsea coach Ray Wilkins said: “Yossi is doing well.

"He has said the pre-season training here is so different to what they did at Liverpool where they didn’t use a ball.

“They ran and they ran and they ran.

"But here we use the ball all the time and we feel we get the best out of the guys by using the ball day-in, day-out.

"I think Yossi is quite enjoying himself.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/07/15/ex-liverpool-fc-attacker-yossi-benayoun-enjoying-training-at-chelsea-because-they-use-a-ball-100252-26858626/
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #1115: Jul 15, 2010 10:38:58 pm
      He just doesn't know when to shut the F**k up.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1116: Jul 15, 2010 11:05:42 pm
      This begining to be a piss take out of rafa and how we play.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1117: Jul 15, 2010 11:42:12 pm
      Im starting to detest him more and more. At this rate, if he keeps slating how things were done etc he is going to end up being on par with the likes of Kewell and Pennant.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1118: Jul 15, 2010 11:52:19 pm
      It all comes down to class and this f**ker clearley is lacking in that department.
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Reply #1119: Jul 15, 2010 11:55:40 pm
      I wonder will he be enjoying himself when he is sitting on the bench?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1120: Jul 15, 2010 11:57:18 pm
      Yossi obviously feels very aggrieved
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1121: Jul 16, 2010 01:34:32 am

Aggrieved? he's got no reason to be and for what reason?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #1122: Jul 16, 2010 11:04:25 am

Yeah, cos his tackling is a F***ing joke!!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #1123: Jul 18, 2010 01:09:27 pm
      No wonder we won the Champions League in Istanbul...we kept on running while they kept playing with their balls and won f**k.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1124: Jul 18, 2010 01:14:24 pm
      Shut your f*cking mouth Yossi you ball bag. If it's any consolation or new fitness coach has been using a mixture of both training with and without a ball. Time to move on though you little c*nt
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1125: Aug 03, 2010 10:44:56 pm
      Chelsea have some thing where you have to sing a song when you join? Yossi tried to sing You'll Never Walk Along. :laugh:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #1126: Aug 03, 2010 10:57:51 pm
      Butch Wilkins likes using balls.

And people are surprised by this how?

Quick Reply