Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Inter contact Benitez

Read 5369 times
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Re: Inter contact Benitez
      Reply #46: May 19, 2010 12:41:31 pm
      Can't believe Juve, Madrid, Inter and Milan aren't scrambling round trying to get Martin O'Neill, Roy Hodgson and all the other World Class managers that so many on here have suggested.

This could just be because I'm stoned, but F**k I can't stop giggling over this.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #47: May 19, 2010 12:56:44 pm
      Guillem Balague - When was the last time he actually said something that turned out to be true?

;D so true.

although the whole thing sounds like tit-for-tat. 'Senior' sources leek sh*t from LFC to bad mouth rafa. rafa's agent leeks stories of other top euro teams making offers for him.

i'm tired of the whole thing. its simple solution. roast the 2 pigs who 'own' the club. get a new owner in, give rafa 50mil transfer kitty and watch us win the league. how hard could it be?
      micksterdoodle
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #48: May 19, 2010 01:01:31 pm
      Just seen on the official LFC website, Coming soon: Istanbul Glory.  Y is there no, Coming Soon: Premier League Title No1, Champions League No6 or FA Cup No8 and any other bloody trophy No watever.  I'm sick to death of being outta the league runnin by xmas and virtually every other competition by Feb.  Let the Juve's and Inter's or anyone else who wants Rafa take him and give us a new start.  He did well when he came but we have drastically went down hill.  Pay him the remainder of his contract and let him go.  If they gave him the money last year instead of wasting it on Aquilani's fee never mind his wages it wudda benn money well spent.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 28 
      Reply #49: May 19, 2010 01:15:36 pm
      Guillem Balague - When was the last time he actually said something that turned out to be true?
      Indeed. After Real Madrid sacked Schuster Balague was on Sky Sports talking about possible successors. "The one person who will NOT be appointed by Real Madrid is Juande Ramos," he predicted with 100% certainty. 

Two days later Ramos got the gig.

Sky never asked Balague to explain himself.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #50: May 19, 2010 01:27:33 pm
      I hate this f**king time of year. I really f**king hate it.

The days where a football summer brought optimism seem a long time gone.

F**k it.

We were waiting eagerly for the season to end, now we can't tolerate the summer as well. What is there to be optimistic for us then?

Really hate football now.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #51: May 19, 2010 01:35:51 pm
      Just seen on the official LFC website, Coming soon: Istanbul Glory.  Y is there no, Coming Soon: Premier League Title No1, Champions League No6 or FA Cup No8 and any other bloody trophy No watever.  I'm sick to death of being outta the league runnin by xmas and virtually every other competition by Feb.  Let the Juve's and Inter's or anyone else who wants Rafa take him and give us a new start.  He did well when he came but we have drastically went down hill.  Pay him the remainder of his contract and let him go.  If they gave him the money last year instead of wasting it on Aquilani's fee never mind his wages it wudda benn money well spent.
      Nice, cheery, well written introductory post. Welcome to the forum.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #52: May 19, 2010 02:36:13 pm

Yeah cos we've fot the funds and squad to challenge the likes of Chelsea etc haven't we.

Another spoilt Reds fan!
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #53: May 19, 2010 02:55:18 pm

everyone is entitled to their own opinion...i think he will go, , off his own accord, he wont be sacked
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #54: May 19, 2010 03:00:12 pm
      Lock it...Rafa has gave indications he's staying, Milan have rubbished the reports simples.........
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #55: May 19, 2010 03:05:14 pm
      Rafael Benitez wants four more years at Liverpool

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article7130531.ece

RAFAEL Benitez has declared his intention to stay on as Liverpool manager for another four years, adding that he has “no evidence” that Fernando Torres is seeking a move away from Anfield.

Benitez’s future has been in serious doubt for several weeks as his agent has held talks with Juventus, leading Liverpool’s board to consider a change of manager. Some tensions remain between Benitez and the Merseyside club’s hierarchy, but, having seen Juventus appoint Luigi Del Neri, the Spaniard believes he will be staying at Anfield.

“My future is with Liverpool,” Benitez told reporters in Madrid. “I have four more years of contract and I want to succeed. I have no offer [from another club]. I hope to make a competitive team.

“My critics in London say that I am not a good manager and experts with an English accent here [in Madrid] say the same. But Liverpool has had an average of 69 points in the last 12 seasons. The club made a huge mistake, which was to start winning four trophies [under his management]. Then people will ask for more. [Sir Alex] Ferguson took seven years to win the Premier League.

Benitez also defended his style of management after Albert Riera, the Liverpool and Spain winger, claimed that he did not talk to his players. “It is a lie that I don’t talk to the players,” he said. “He [Riera] made a mistake in an interview and I have witnesses and video of something that I will not count. ”

Can we lock it now he's staying as Manager.

Part In bold, could that be a video of Riera scrapping with a youth player ?, ... Stick it on YouTube Rafa you know you want to ;D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #56: May 19, 2010 03:09:43 pm
      Inter haven't rescinded their interest. It stays open.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: May 19, 2010 03:13:41 pm
      Yep they have.

INTER DENY BENITEZ CONTACT

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6162002,00.html

Inter Milan have dismissed reports that an approach has been made to Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez about replacing Jose Mourinho.

Current Inter coach Mourinho is being tipped to join Real Madrid in the summer with the Serie A champions' president Massimo Moratti conceding earlier this week that he would be surprised if the Portuguese is still in charge after the UEFA Champions League final.

Benitez has been put forward as a possible successor for Mourinho at the San Siro as speculation persists regarding the Spaniard's future at Liverpool.

He was heavily linked with the Juventus post in recent weeks before Luigi Del Neri was handed the job and there have subsequently been claims he has held talks with Inter.

However, Inter's technical director Marco Branca insists the club are still focusing on having Mourinho as their coach and have not been in touch with Benitez.

"No, we absolutely have not had contact with Benitez," Branca told Sky Italia. "Our coach is Jose Mourinho."

Pep Guardiola has also been mooted as a potential replacement for Mourinho, but the Barcelona coach's agent Jose Maria Orobitg has dismissed reports he could head to Italy.

Orobitg told calciomercato.it: "Him at Inter Milan? It's impossible, impossible, impossible. I categorically refute this idea.

"I don't know if Inter is interested in Guardiola, but a move to Inter is totally impossible.

"Pep is happy at Barcelona and has already said he will soon renew his contract."
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #58: May 19, 2010 03:15:13 pm
      Good stuff.

Thread (gladly) locked.

Quick Reply