Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool FC in severe financial trouble

Read 55936 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool FC in severe financial trouble
      Reply #253: Jul 29, 2009 11:52:06 am
      I think we're not getting a lot of good press at the moment over there.  In the same way our media kisses United's arse - their's does the same for Real Madrid - and Benitez perceived 'stubborness' over the Alonso fee is not doing us favours in their press.
      I would have thought that Spain has so many big teams themsleves that it's hard to make any inroads into that market. In Norway you see more Manure shirts, still due to the Solkjaer effect i think, but on balance I think there are more Liverpool fans, hardly any Chelsea fans but a few Arsenal.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #254: Jul 29, 2009 02:24:34 pm
      Problem is we have never been great at the Commercial side of things. Hopefully now Parry has gone, this can start to pick up - but we are a long way behind.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #255: Jul 29, 2009 07:49:47 pm
      I think we're not getting a lot of good press at the moment over there.  In the same way our media kisses United's arse - their's does the same for Real Madrid - and Benitez perceived 'stubborness' over the Alonso fee is not doing us favours in their press.

Apart from the Madrid fans though would anyone give a toss? Not knowing how it works exactly i cant say, but id think most other fans would be thinking "yeah, stick it up 'em!" Especially Athletico fans, the fact we are being stubborn to their territorial rival plus that Torres is one of our star men surely we would be getting inside there.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #256: May 19, 2010 11:22:33 am
      The Senior sauce leaking things to the press at Anfield is now revealed.

Might help if id put the right pic in first time ha ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #257: May 19, 2010 11:27:56 am
      ˙ʇsod ɹnoʎ pɐǝɹ oʇ ʇsnɾ uʍop ǝpısdn uǝǝɹɔs ʎɯ uɹnʇ oʇ pɐɥ ı

Im feeling sea sick.
      Nice one DMasta !
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #258: May 19, 2010 11:22:45 pm
      When it comes to top sports franchises and leagues. Money does not mean success. It doesn't matter if the owner drops 100 dollars or a 100 billion.  Success is achieved through years of good financing, a combination of good veteran players, youth, how well the team plays together as "ONE" and solid coaching.

Look at all the clubs who dump cash into getting all the best players and cant win because the players dont play together ie; Man City, Real Madrid, etc... Players need to play together, they need to know their strengths and weakness.  You cant BUY a Championship.  You can make solid investments, sign top players, let them play and train together and after 3-4 seasons you get a championship caliber club. But you cant go and get 6 superstars put them on the field together and expect a championship in 1 season.  It doesn't happen. It never happens.

Quick Reply