Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Your costliest errors at work

Read 5571 times
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Your costliest errors at work
      May 20, 2010 02:53:49 am
      Oops , sorry bout that boss

I have just fu**ed up a piece of stone worth about a grand by reading the plan wrong and machining the undermount sink in the wrong place .

So over to you lot , can anyone beat $1000 dollars Australian for a monumental stuff up ???  :-[
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Your costliest errors at work
      Reply #1: May 20, 2010 09:03:47 am
      Potentially millions but I'm legally barred from talking about it. So I guess you're still winning!  :f_doh:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: May 20, 2010 09:12:36 am
      Potentially millions but I'm legally barred from talking about it. So I guess you're still winning!  :f_doh:

:D

Sounds good.

I'm relatively good on this front. Might have fu**ed up the odd few things but I don't think it has had any real bearing. Possibly a mistake or two during audits that may have led to extra fines bit nothing substantial enough that I've been told about it.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: May 20, 2010 10:27:55 am
      I'd imagine I lost McDonalds a fair bit through dropped food and general doziness.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: May 21, 2010 12:46:30 am
      I'd imagine I lost McDonalds a fair bit through dropped food and general doziness.

Nah !! I can't believe for one minute Ross  :f_whistle:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #5: May 21, 2010 12:53:25 am
      Hi, My name's Tom and me and my pal George have made a serious number of major F**k ups in our work.

Doesn't matter though. We just dump it on the company and all the little people suffer so, no problem for us :)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: May 21, 2010 01:34:53 am
      Threw a watermelon into the box crusher thingy when I worked at woolies does that count?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,645 posts | 6942 
      Reply #7: May 21, 2010 01:39:51 am
      My motto in my former job was I don't make mistakes.

The boss used to say you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.  I thought that was a typical excuse from somebody as F***ing useless as they were.

I had a colleague who worked in the same hospital department as me that made an error that led to the death of a patient.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #8: May 21, 2010 01:43:26 am
      ^^^^

Jeez JD , put's my little $1000 F**k up into perspective
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,645 posts | 6942 
      Reply #9: May 21, 2010 01:44:27 am
      Not a good thing on your conscience.

Fortunately, not my conscience.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: May 21, 2010 01:59:30 am
      Was going to put something in here about work but after reading JDs I hate to think what could be more costly. Glad its not you that has to carry that burden
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #11: May 21, 2010 02:06:28 am
      Hmm I did place an order for an additional 120 HP Desktops ( a truck full) by mistake.

They did cause a rumpus at the start as they had to sit in the warehouse for 6 weeks but were eventually offloaded.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #12: May 21, 2010 03:14:54 am
      Going the bog was mine.

Came back out an somebody had nicked the phone off the front desk. Was quite chuffed to be honest as I hated the sound of that thing.

Funny though since considering there was a computer, a radio, me phone (fair enough that is sh*t) and two charity donation boxes containing money that somebody should decide to nick an ordinary phone. That still can't even make outgoing calls. Turned out though that it was one me work "mates" trying to teach me a lesson. I was too busy laughing at the incident to take in what was being said to me by me boss when she had a go.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #13: May 21, 2010 07:27:11 am
      Hmm I did place an order for an additional 120 HP Desktops ( a truck full) by mistake.

They did cause a rumpus at the start as they had to sit in the warehouse for 6 weeks but were eventually offloaded.

Damn it, could have chucked one my way. My retro 90's pc is really struggling.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #14: May 24, 2010 11:33:14 am
      Not an error but its going to be costly, going to change all the passwords on the works computers on my last day in work. So when they open up on Thursday, no tills.  >:D   :lmao:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15: May 24, 2010 05:47:42 pm
      Jan. 1995: Computing error at Fidelity's Magellan fund
      "There was a big flap recently over Fidelity's Magellan fund estimating in November that they would make a $4.32/share distribution at the end of year, and then not doing so. A letter of explanation was sent to the shareholders (including me) from J. Gary Burkhead, the President of Fidelity, including the following pertinent items: "During the estimating process, a tax accountant is required to transcribe the net realized gain or loss from the fund's financial records (which were correct at all times) to a separate spreadsheet, where additional calculations are performed. The error occurred when the accountant omitted the minus sign on a net capital loss of $1.3 billion and incorrectly treated it as a net capital gain on this separate spreadsheet. This meant that the dividend estimate spreadsheet was off by $2.6 billion....
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #16: May 24, 2010 07:00:28 pm
      Not an error but its going to be costly, going to change all the passwords on the works computers on my last day in work. So when they open up on Thursday, no tills.  >:D   :lmao:
      :lmao: That sounds brilliant.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #17: May 24, 2010 07:09:53 pm

Will it not be obvious its you Gareth ? or are other workers finishing on the same day that also have access to the computers, grest idea though !  ;)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #18: May 24, 2010 07:28:49 pm
      Will it not be obvious its you Gareth ? or are other workers finishing on the same day that also have access to the computers, grest idea though !  ;)
      There are other people finishing on the same day Steve, so they can't pin point whoever done it. And no cameras in the office, and I will change them with the managers password, which he left in the draw.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #19: May 24, 2010 08:44:41 pm
      You naughty boy Gareth  :lmao:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #20: May 27, 2010 09:32:54 pm
      Just found out no tills for an hour today, I love it when a plan comes together.  >:D   :lmao:
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #21: May 27, 2010 09:38:01 pm
      Technically playing online poker is my current job/income. I lost almost 600 euros in one hand once, the b***ard got a fullhouse on the river. It's worse when it's your own money :f_wah:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: May 27, 2010 09:44:48 pm
      Let us know how you get on with that Gareth!!

Quick Reply