Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Vince McMahon - Dead or Alive?

Read 13583 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Vince McMahon - Dead or Alive?
      Jun 14, 2007 03:09:05 pm
      Anyone hear about this? Apparently it was appreciation night for him at the wrestling. He walked out of the building, and got into his Limo. The Limo began to move, away from the building then suddenly it blew up, and burst into flames. His body wasn't found in the Limo, suggesting that he had burned to ashes.

One question, was it all for show? The Wrestling is known for stunts like this, but this sounds serious!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Vince McMahon - Dead or Alive?
      Reply #1: Jun 14, 2007 03:17:11 pm
      Court....I love my wrestling mate watch RAW and Smackdown every week....haven't seen this weeks episode yet as it airs on Wednesday and repeats Saturday....gonna watch it tomorrow......did this happen before or after the DRAW? :-[
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #2: Jun 14, 2007 03:17:36 pm
      Sorry mate cant help you I give up watching wrestling when big daddy retired, but if I had to hazzard a guess I would say it was a stunt, as far be it from me to knock the WWE but I have often thought it was full of stunts,or words to that effect anyway. ;D

If you dont want know if he's alive or dead don't go here

http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakingnews/20070612_12wwe_breaking.html
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2007 03:21:35 pm by Glenbuck »
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 14, 2007 04:09:24 pm
      All for show! I don't watch wrestling but I Seen it on Youtube and its clearly a stunt

But hay what do i know Iv not watched it since the 90s :chongin:
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2007 04:17:06 pm by bruno7 »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Jun 14, 2007 09:04:39 pm
      Deffo a stunt, all of WWE is !!   Doesnt stop me watching it though, love it !!  Went to the MEN Arena last year to watch it live when they were on tour - absolutley brilliant, John Cena's my favourite  ;)  Anyone see him body slamming the great Khali to keep his title ??
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 14, 2007 09:12:11 pm
      WOW!!! WWE ;D!! i havent watched that in years, i dnt blive that The Rock or mankind are still there are they??
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Jun 14, 2007 10:27:52 pm

Hmmmm wonder why Smigger  ;)

Of course it's for show. You can tell that by the way it happens on his appreciation night, as you say it was Court.

I'm sort of like Glenbuck. My wrestling days were over when Big Daddy packed it all in.
      But then The Ultimate Warrior came along and all was better. Wonder if he still randomly shakes things when he gets angry these days hmm..... ;D
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #7: Jun 14, 2007 10:41:06 pm
      Im pretty much in the same boat as Glenbuck on this one. But you cant take anything away from the fact that those guys in that ring are total athletes.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Jun 14, 2007 11:44:29 pm
      Hmmmm wonder why Smigger  ;)

Of course it's for show. You can tell that by the way it happens on his appreciation night, as you say it was Court.

I'm sort of like Glenbuck. My wrestling days were over when Big Daddy packed it all in.
      But then The Ultimate Warrior came along and all was better. Wonder if he still randomly shakes things when he gets angry these days hmm..... ;D

Haha, I stopped watching when Steve Austin & The Rock left. It started to take over my life! I was absolutely obsessed with it from about 11 or 12 years old. I don't and won't watch it anymore - I will probably get hooked to the story line again!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Jun 15, 2007 10:34:21 am
      Anyone see him body slamming the great Khali to keep his title ??

Blimey the things you have to do to keep your title!!! :o

I agree some of them are fantastic athletes i just wish a couple of them would know when to hang up their trunks, i mean i remember seeing Hulk Hogan a while ago and he must be eighty odd by now!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jun 15, 2007 01:05:24 pm
      I agree some of them are fantastic athletes I just wish a couple of them would know when to hang up their trunks, I mean I remember seeing Hulk Hogan a while ago and he must be eighty odd by now!!

Too right!!! Remember Rick "The Nature Boy" Flair?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's still going with his zimoframe as a cunning weapon!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Jun 15, 2007 01:26:08 pm
      Too right!!! Remember Rick "The Nature Boy" Flair?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's still going with his zimoframe as a cunning weapon!

He is still going believe it or not !!  Same hair etc, Still comes on and wrestles as good as the rest of them, hope i'm as fit when i'm his age !!  ( no comments Tommo !)    ;) ;D
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #12: Jun 15, 2007 01:39:58 pm
      Haha, I stopped watching when Steve Austin & The Rock left. It started to take over my life! I was absolutely obsessed with it from about 11 or 12 years old. I don't and won't watch it anymore - I will probably get hooked to the story line again!!

I'm exactly the same mate. The attitude years 98-02 were the best with Austin and the Rock. I was obsessed with it. I watch it now and again but definitely not the same way I used to. I remember the day I found out it was all fake. I cried my eyes out :'(
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 15, 2007 03:14:33 pm
      it's fake...it's all a set up...
      I think Bobby Lashley did it...Because The ECW title was strip away from him...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #14: Jun 15, 2007 10:41:30 pm
      I remember the day I found out it was all fake. I cried my eyes out :'(

it's fake ??? ??? ;)
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #15: Jun 15, 2007 10:58:21 pm
      Who cares?! American wrestling is just pants when all said and done. Sure it's entertainment for some and there are some great athletes (I liked Ultimate Warrior) but it is all a big act that is pathetic when you see fully grown adults getting sucked up into the hype and drama!
      When I was a kid I watched the wrestling on World Of Sport and enjoyed the likes of Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Cat Weasel, Ken Doh Nagasaki, Mick McManus etc (I forget the name of the bloke who used to do the drunken fighter routine!). Whislt it was still a staged event I was a kid and that's the difference.
      With American Wrestling I just don't get the adults getting caught up in it all  ???
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #16: Jun 15, 2007 11:17:31 pm
      With American Wrestling I just don't get the adults getting caught up in it all  ???

RED, it's just like a Soap Opera mate, you gotta get your fix....I'm sure you have your own favorite Soapies?
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #17: Jun 15, 2007 11:33:59 pm

RED, it's just like a Soap Opera mate, you gotta get your fix....I'm sure you have your own favorite Soapies?

No, sorry AussieRed don't do Soaps or 'Reality' TV either.
      The only reality TV I watch is the footy on Match Of The Day. It's not scripted (although it seems like certain refs have a secret agenda!) Things are naturally changing minute by minute and all it takes is one split second to alter reality - that's the appeal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #18: Jun 16, 2007 01:04:26 am
       ::)   we don't get Match of The Day here RED1028, so I'll stick to the WWE ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Jun 16, 2007 02:08:42 am

Aussie mate. It's all real and you know it is! ;) Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #20: Jun 16, 2007 04:01:39 am
      It is not as entertaining as it used to be. Obviously everything is planned and it is fake but with The Rock and Austin on the mic, it was funny as hell. Nowadays there are no decent personalities and the wrestling matches have become boring. You used to get Hell in The Cell, steel cage matches and street fights but everytime I watch it now, all there are, are boring one on one matches with a load of rolling about!!!

But the divas are hot as hell ;) There are loads of women now and that in itself is worth watching ;D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #21: Jun 16, 2007 04:43:45 am
      Aussie mate. It's all real and you know it is! ;) Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more!

To think I actually thought that some guy getting beat around the head with a cast iron bell by the Undertaker was for real.... :o :o Won't sombody stop him, he'll kill that guy!  :o :o
      How dumb was I?!  ::)
      I was always amazed by the fact that these men were so big and butch but had such pretty, long hair... Ooh, suits you sir!  :D

Quick Reply