Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Middlesbrough take on Tuncay

Read 2825 times
      mr.green
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 89 posts |
      Middlesbrough take on Tuncay
      Jun 14, 2007 03:36:43 pm

Middlesbrough FC are to sign former Fenerbahçe SK striker Tuncay Şanlı as a free agent.

Personal terms

The 25-year-old Turkish international agreed personal terms with the club on Tuesday after Middlesbrough chief executive Keith Lamb met him in Istanbul. "Tuncay will travel to Teesside next week to take a medical," said Lamb. "He has agreed personal terms and the deal is a free transfer as the player is out of contract." A statement on the Fenerbahçe website thanked the player for his efforts and wished him luck for his career in England.

'If I get there'
      Having scored 13 goals in 43 international appearances for Turkey, Tuncay made his reputation by scoring a hat-trick in Fenerbahçe's 3-0 UEFA Champions League win against Manchester United FC in December 2004. He told uefa.com recently that he was planning to move abroad, saying: "If you play abroad you can develop your game, learn a new language and experience different cultures. It is difficult to explain because I am not playing in Europe yet. I will face up to these challenges when I get there - if I get there." Middlesbrough are also set to sign French striker Jérémié Aliadière from Arsenal FC having lost Australian international Mark Viduka to Newcastle United FC.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Middlesbrough take on Tuncay
      Reply #1: Jun 14, 2007 03:39:53 pm
      Mr Green, sorry mate, don't want to come across as a smartarse, but what's that got to do with Liverpool Football Club ???
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 14, 2007 04:22:08 pm
      I don't wanna be a smartarse here either but it is the General Football bored isn't it?  :boxing:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Jun 14, 2007 05:21:49 pm
      I don't wanna be a smartarse here either but it is the General Football bored isn't it?  :boxing:

fair enough mate, I never really looked at what forum this was under , see where you're coming from but still I have never heard of this bloke and I don't give a crap about what Middlesborough do....so I suppose I just won't view this thread again.

Maybe I'm just getting pissed off with everyone else's transfer activity except ours :-[
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 15, 2007 11:43:12 am
      Maybe I'm just getting pissed off with everyone else's transfer activity except ours :-[

Thats Probably it!! :shake: We're all the same :spliff:
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2007 11:46:52 am by bruno7 »
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Jun 15, 2007 12:27:02 pm

I also don't wanna be a smartarse, but it's spelt BOARD :D

Quick Reply