Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Raul (Real Madrid)

Read 11793 times
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Raul (Real Madrid)
      May 21, 2010 10:27:46 am
      http://www.footylatest.com/liverpool-ready-to-make-a-move-for-spanish-legend/14323

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is preparing a move for Real Madrid legend Raul. Benitez is now almost certain to remain the Anfield boss for at least one more season and is looking to bolster his squad on a limited budget and has targeted Raul as a player that would come very cheap if he cost anything at all with a mass of experience.

Raul has a lifetime contract with Real Madrid that automatically gets renewed each season providing he makes at least 30 appearances, something he achieved again last season but that does not mean that Real Madrid would charge Liverpool a fee for the 32 year old and if they did it would be negligible, a scenario that would be very welcomed in the Anfield boardroom.

Raul would fit in perfectly at Anfield and be the partner that Fernando Torres has been crying out for, he may be getting on at 32 years of age but his experience alone would make the signing worthwhile for Benitez.

Liverpool know they need new players with Torres himself saying that at least five new players are required at Anfield to make the club competitive again and the signing of Raul would certainly please Torres.

The only sticking point could be the wages, Raul is still on an excellent wage at Real Madrid, rumoured to be €60000 a week and it is very unlikely that Liverpool would match that, however with Jose Mourinho coming in and the likelihood that he will not play Raul in as many as 30 games the former Spanish national team captain may sacrifice his huge wage in return for regular football at Anfield.

It would also represent the last real opportunity for Raul to play at another big club in another country and with fellow Spaniards, Torres, Pepe Reina, Daniel Ayala, Daniel Pacheco Alberto Riera (though he is certain to go) and of course Rafa Benitez all at Anfield he would hardly be in an alien environment.

If this deal does happen it does look on paper at least as a perfect fit but with Rafa Benitez what may look perfect is not necessarily so.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Re: Raul (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: May 21, 2010 10:40:59 am
      Unlikely as he's already signed a deal with the New York Red Bulls hasn't he?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: May 21, 2010 10:56:46 am
      Unlikely as he's already signed a deal with the New York Red Bulls hasn't he?

I think that was Henry to be honest mate.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: May 21, 2010 11:21:18 am
      I think that was Henry to be honest mate.

I thought I read that Henry "played down MLS talk".
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #4: May 21, 2010 11:39:53 am
      i think he could be a good signing / or another Fernando Morientes!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: May 21, 2010 11:53:56 am
      Morientes' link up play was quality by the end of the season with us he just wanted to go back to Spain. Would love Raul on a free transfer even just to have his experience and quality on the training ground and in the squad but arent we linked with him every summer by default
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #6: May 21, 2010 12:43:32 pm
      I think this could be a great move if it's true.

Especially if he's on a free.

Morientes failed miserably in the premiership, but he didn't have Torres to link up with. Definitely a move Rafa would go for but I can't see Raul leaving Real just yet.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #7: May 21, 2010 12:49:50 pm
      I think this could be a great move if it's true.
      Big 'IF'.

There's a hell of a lot of sh*te coming out of that site.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: May 21, 2010 12:52:47 pm
      If this happens, i'd be delighted.

Will it? Probably not.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #9: May 21, 2010 01:04:32 pm
      I wouldn't mind if he is on a free transfer, however I wouldn't want a player nearing the end of his career. And I don't think he will come.
      pablorenovato
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #10: May 21, 2010 03:07:09 pm
      I think this could happen if it does it would be quality but he isn't the type of player we need but i wouldn't say no.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: May 21, 2010 03:55:44 pm
      Would be a great signing. I'm sure he'd chip in with his goals, fantastic finisher.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #12: May 21, 2010 04:21:30 pm
      Sounds decent this, can't see it happening though.

He'd be fantastic at Anfield when we're looking to unlock defences I think.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #13: May 21, 2010 04:27:00 pm
      This kind of transfer sums up how competitive we are going to be in the market, though I heard similar rumours, from my step-brother, are floating about him joining Spurs - could this be Raul's agent stirring it up?
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #14: May 21, 2010 04:38:26 pm
      could this be Raul's agent stirring it up?

more likely the media stiring it up, talking b*llocks, etc.

Definately think we should go for him, his record speaks for itself, could easily get 2 good seasons from. Younger forwards like Eccelston, Dalla Valle, and even Nando could learn a lot from him. Sign him up!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #15: May 21, 2010 04:42:21 pm
      Number 7 sorted then. ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: May 21, 2010 05:54:01 pm
      Would love Raul at the club. Think i will leave getting a name on the back of my shirt til the end of the transfer window  ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #17: May 21, 2010 06:29:02 pm
      If he came I think I'd get him on the back of my shirt just for the fact he's a legend footballer.

The more I think about it the more I hope this deal happens.
      DanLFC92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #18: May 21, 2010 07:30:34 pm
      Would love to have him here, although I can't see it happening. We've been linked with him many times over the last few years and nothings come of it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #19: May 21, 2010 07:37:57 pm
      I wouldn't say no to Raul even though he's over 30.

Real legend and if he does come, there goes my debit card.

Cha-ching. Your "Raul #7 Standard Chartered Liverpool Home kit has now been dispatched".
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #20: May 21, 2010 08:19:54 pm
      We already have David Ngog,Nemeth is coming back and Jovanovich has also signed for us so we dont need any more back-up strikers.Lets sign some first-team material.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: May 21, 2010 08:23:26 pm
      One of my favourite players ever. Past his best but could still be useful. Not sure about his wages though.

Edit: Forgot to mention I would like to name my son (if I ever have one) Raul after him, so yes, I would accept him even 40 years old.  :P
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2010 09:02:33 pm by Diego LFC »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: May 21, 2010 08:25:56 pm
      We already have David Ngog,Nemeth is coming back and Jovanovich has also signed for us so we dont need any more back-up strikers.Lets sign some first-team material.

I think we do - unless we are planning to spend on somebody. Raul is first-team material should we have injury problems etc.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #23: May 21, 2010 08:28:10 pm
      I dont think Raul can lead our attack at this age and considering Torres' injury problems we should be looking at someone who can.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: May 21, 2010 08:55:06 pm
      We've lacked that killer instinct all season when Torres is out. Raul is just as deadly, and even more so with his shooting.

32? Van Nistelrooy is that age and everyone was raving about getting him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: May 21, 2010 10:26:04 pm

Please don't ever compared Ngog and Nemeth to Raul ever again please. Raul is better than them easily so it is only improving the squad. Ngog is 90% of the time sh*t and Nemeth never plays when he is at the club.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #26: May 22, 2010 12:40:23 am
      If he does sign it will bring back some good moments for Lpool for sure.Its first team material,no doubt,the problem is that hes in a club that is full of mega stars.Cant see him in a free move really..
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: May 22, 2010 12:42:21 am
      If he does sign it will bring back some good moments for Lpool for sure.Its first team material,no doubt,the problem is that hes in a club that is full of mega stars.Cant see him in a free move really..

I can't see a free move either but it won't take that much surely.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #28: May 22, 2010 12:46:34 am
      same
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: May 22, 2010 03:18:24 am
      I'd take him if any of this news is true. The man knows how to stick the ball in the back of the net.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #30: May 22, 2010 07:02:30 am
      We've lacked that killer instinct all season when Torres is out. Raul is just as deadly, and even more so with his shooting.

32? Van Nistelrooy is that age and everyone was raving about getting him.

I'll still take Van Nistelrooy if I could. Too bad he fu**ed off to Hamburg.

And I'll take Raul if we can as well. 32 is never too old, he could chip in decently with 2 seasons of work. And the experience he is going to lend to young players like Nemeth, Pacheco etc who'll probably see him as an idol would be good for their development.

I don't know if we're getting that Jovanovic guy or not. One moment it seems it's settled, the next it's not. And players like Ngog, Pacheco, and Nemeth are on the verge of a first team breakthrough, but not quite. They'll have to be developed properly to turn into world class players which could save us millions in the future.

If Raul joins, then that's my frontline settled, together with Jovanovic. We'll have 3 more options up front when Nemeth comes back, so we wouldn't need to rely on David, David, David, Dirk, Dirk, David.

Not bad with zero spending ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: May 22, 2010 01:02:37 pm
      Agree with what's been said. He's still got it, and our other forwards can learn from him. Plus we're talking about Raul being back-up but I honestly think him and Torres as a pairing would be very dangerous.
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #32: May 23, 2010 12:48:43 am
      I can't see him ever leaving real. Some players are destined to be only at one club and he is one of them. Having said that, if we could tempt him to a 1 or 2 year deal it would be a decent signing, think him and torres would work well together - there is the small matter of his wage, its not like we have a spare 80k a week lying around for a player of his age.
      Jaguar909
      • Banned

• 66 posts | -13 
      • Respect is earned , not given
      Reply #33: May 23, 2010 01:00:59 am
      rather have t henry, would be a better signing and similar circumstances, i do believe Henry is younger too at 32
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #34: May 23, 2010 01:03:35 am
      rather have t henry, would be a better signing and similar circumstances, I do believe Henry is younger too at 32

They are basically the same age, Raul a month or so older if that matters :roll:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #35: May 23, 2010 01:10:00 am
      You can still do it in your early 30's as Diego Milito has proved all season ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: May 23, 2010 01:17:46 am
      Who's Milito?

;)

I honestly would love to see Raul in a Liverpool shirt. The guy is a legend, and you don't get players with what he can bring, both on and off the pitch, cheap very often.

Under our current stewardship, it'll be these kind of deals we'll be forced into regardless of what we want, anyways.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #37: May 23, 2010 01:29:03 am
      Please don't ever compared Ngog and Nemeth to Raul ever again please. Raul is better than them easily so it is only improving the squad. Ngog is 90% of the time sh*t and Nemeth never plays when he is at the club.

He didn't compare either of them to Raul.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #38: May 23, 2010 02:44:51 am
      Raul??? Maybe as an assistant menager for Rafa(if he stays).As a player,no thanks,his days are over,he WAS a good player years ago!We need a young ,fast and hungry for success back up striker,Raul is none of this >:(
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #39: May 23, 2010 03:08:03 am
      Raul has to be good for 10-15 goals coming off the bench..The man knows how to be in right place at the right time.He reminds me of Rushie in his hayday
      Thats a damn site more than Ngog would get us
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #40: May 23, 2010 03:17:56 am
      Raul??? Maybe as an assistant menager for Rafa(if he stays).As a player,no thanks,his days are over,he WAS a good player years ago!We need a young ,fast and hungry for success back up striker,Raul is none of this >:(

Oh yeah, how about you pull out your chequebook and buy us one then :roll: Cos our owners certainly will not be providing us that. You gotta think about it in context, and at the moment a cheap deal for a player like Raul would be an absolute godsend for the club.

Not to mention I do not at all agree with your assesment of Raul being washed up. Still has something to offer as back up, IMO.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #41: May 23, 2010 04:05:09 am
      The more I ponder this, the more I think this guy could be Gary Mac like for us.  Not fully convinced, but am warming to the idea, even if I believe it's largely silly season rumours.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: May 23, 2010 01:52:25 pm
      From what I've just been reading Madrid have apparently offered to terminate his contract meaning he would be free to move clubs.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-us/news/article?contentId=1936736
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #43: May 23, 2010 02:00:40 pm
      Would really love to see a Real Madrid legend over heard, to be honest.

It's Raul Gonzalez for goodness sake!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44: May 23, 2010 02:08:47 pm
      I really do wish this was more than a silly reason rumour. Think Raul 7 would look well on a Liverpool shirt
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #45: May 23, 2010 02:35:23 pm
      I really do wish this was more than a silly reason rumour. Think Raul 7 would look well on a Liverpool shirt

If it was a silly rumour it wouldn't be open.

The opening article has to be reliable and have some substance in order for the thread to remain open.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #46: May 23, 2010 02:45:59 pm
      My point is that I would be quite excited by his signing but at this point we are linked with so many players its hard to pick out the hopeful from the likely and I really hope this is in the latter category but we ll have to wait.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: May 23, 2010 02:48:53 pm
      I know what your saying Racer, what we linked to at the moment 20/30 players, we won't be signing them all thats for sure and if its anything like last season, we'll be surprised as the media did not see aquilani and Sotis coming until the deals were agreed really.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: May 23, 2010 02:50:28 pm
      Thats exactly my point Blood.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #49: Jul 22, 2010 07:55:23 am
      If we get Raul, I am seriously gonna kiss my brother's hairy arse.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #50: Jul 22, 2010 09:36:17 am
      He's past it IMO.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #51: Jul 22, 2010 10:17:07 am
      How many summers on the trot has this story been rehashed?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #52: Jul 22, 2010 10:44:00 am
      How many summers on the trot has this story been rehashed?

Same as the Thierry Henry one.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #53: Jul 22, 2010 01:02:47 pm
      Schalke are meant to be on the verge of signing him according to Sky
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #54: Jul 22, 2010 01:31:33 pm
      Why was this even bumped?
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #55: Jul 22, 2010 01:43:29 pm

Because Spurs are being linked with him and some people are still playing Champ Manager 03-04. The logic is obvious. Or maybe not.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #56: Jul 22, 2010 01:46:35 pm
      This would be like signing Thierry Henry now.

At one in his career he's been the world's best striker, but he's well past it now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #57: Jul 23, 2010 01:19:28 am
      Schalke are meant to be on the verge of signing him according to Sky

Yep, heard they are expecting the deal to go through in a matter of days or something?
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #58: Jul 26, 2010 04:42:20 pm
      Has said no deal has been struck and wouldnt mind moving to England, would we be interested in taking him on a free?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #59: Jul 26, 2010 04:51:21 pm
      Has said no deal has been struck and wouldnt mind moving to England, would we be interested in taking him on a free?

Aye, he's definitely our kind of target.

Free, I mean. :roll:
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #60: Jul 26, 2010 04:53:49 pm
      Aye, he's definitely our kind of target.

Free, I mean. :roll:

That was my logic!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #61: Jul 26, 2010 05:13:13 pm
      He has signed for Schalke.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #62: Jul 26, 2010 05:14:24 pm

You got a link? So i can lock this.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #63: Jul 26, 2010 05:15:19 pm

No he hasn't.

Not yet anyway.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #64: Jul 26, 2010 05:15:45 pm

He has just said that he has not signed for anyone and a move to England is still possible.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #65: Jul 26, 2010 05:25:26 pm
      Excellent player in his day probable one of the best. But at the moment not the player we should be looking at in my opinion..
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #66: Jul 26, 2010 10:14:41 pm
      I thought he ruled out a move to the Bundesliga? Does anyone remember us being linked with him back in March? We were supposed to have offered him a two year contract from this summer.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #67: Jul 26, 2010 10:20:31 pm
      I thought he ruled out a move to the Bundesliga? Does anyone remember us being linked with him back in March? We were supposed to have offered him a two year contract from this summer.

Between English and German teams he said on SSN before.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #68: Jul 26, 2010 11:17:43 pm
      Would like to see him here could give us something but morientes comes to mind!
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #69: Jul 26, 2010 11:27:30 pm
      We are looking for a decent player in the long term, not the short term, and Torres is only one of a lot of strikers coming from Spain to the Premier League and being succesful, Raul's style would not suit the pace of the Premier League and he hasn't got the legs he might of a few years back.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #70: Jul 26, 2010 11:33:48 pm
      He is denying a deal with Schalke has already been done.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/26/raul-real-madrid-england

14.40 BST

Add on
      He's 33, I'd like to think he'd come to us, but 33, in the Prem, he'd not have a happy time here. Yes he'd sell lots of shirts, (not here of course  :f_whistle: )

Just too old, on a free and grossly reduced wages maybe.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010 11:54:15 pm by RedPuppy »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #71: Jul 27, 2010 12:40:27 pm
      5/2 to join us, We are the Favourites in England to sign him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #72: Jul 27, 2010 01:21:40 pm
      5/2 to join us, We are the Favourites in England to sign him

Nando's replacement then....... :f_whistle:

I thought Schalke had this deal wrapped up?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #73: Jul 27, 2010 01:24:32 pm
      Nando's replacement then....... :f_whistle:

I thought Schalke had this deal wrapped up?

That was denied by Raul himself during that whole farewell thing i think, saying he was still looking at England as well as Germany.

Would take him on a free for sure, as long as his wage hit wasn't huge.. May be a bit older and slower, but he still knows where the net is.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #74: Jul 27, 2010 01:30:59 pm
      Big name will sell jerseys but well past his best.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #75: Jul 27, 2010 02:21:09 pm
      He would be good to have around, as he is class. Yes he is past his best, however could chip in with some crucial goals. His experience would rub off on all around him.

I'd love him to sign for us, as long as his wages aren't huge.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #76: Jul 27, 2010 02:32:39 pm
      He would be good to have around, as he is class. Yes he is past his best, however could chip in with some crucial goals. His experience would rub off on all around him.

I'd love him to sign for us, as long as his wages aren't huge.

It could happen, but I can't see him playing alongside Torres
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #77: Jul 27, 2010 02:40:48 pm
      Raul is not leaving Real's bench for our bench, and he's not good enough anymore to start for us.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #78: Jul 27, 2010 02:45:09 pm
      Raul is not leaving Real's bench for our bench, and he's not good enough anymore to start for us.

That is true.

Kinda like a Madrid legend joining us, though :laugh:
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #79: Jul 27, 2010 02:49:34 pm
      That is true.

Kinda like a Madrid legend joining us, though :laugh:

It would be like a Liverpool legend joining Madrid............to warm the bench! :f_whistle:
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #80: Jul 27, 2010 02:51:46 pm

But he is better than Ngog - even though he is way past his prime.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #81: Jul 27, 2010 02:56:01 pm
      But he is better than Ngog - even though he is way past his prime.
      Yeah, but like I said, either he will not come here because obviously he wants to play, or he does come here because he's guaranteed to play. He's not going come here to be a benchwarmer. At Schalke he knows he'll start for sure because Kuranyi left. Besides that, he might be better than Ngog, but I don't think he's much better than Kuyt.
      « Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 03:02:35 pm by Dexter »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #82: Jul 27, 2010 03:14:10 pm
      Spot on Dexter. I can't see him starting alongside Nando although given the chances those two would be deadly in front of goal!

He's past his best yes but you never lose your eye for goal and if given chances Raul will score lots of goals wherever he next goes.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #83: Jul 27, 2010 03:18:47 pm
      Maybe a silly question, but do you think Torres would actually be happy with him coming though? With the whole rivalry and all.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #84: Jul 27, 2010 03:21:55 pm
      He's past it and it would be a waste of money paying his wages....the very fact we are talking about it implies desperation.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #85: Jul 27, 2010 03:23:57 pm
      Maybe a silly question, but do you think Torres would actually be happy with him coming though? With the whole rivalry and all.
      Never taught of that maybe not ;D.

But seriously the lad is a footballing legend but slightly past it now to be starting games week in week out. Be a great super sub but i don't think he'll like that.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #86: Jul 27, 2010 03:25:35 pm
      He's past it and it would be a waste of money paying his wages....the very fact we are talking about it implies desperation.

A story in the press, therefore it gets discussed, if it implies anything, it implies football journalists are lazy & sh*te.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #87: Jul 27, 2010 03:31:18 pm
      Give Real Madrid Ngog and tell them its Remy

Then we can have Raul
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #88: Jul 27, 2010 03:37:22 pm
      Give Real Madrid Ngog and tell them its Remy

Then we can have Raul
      Uhh, what? Raul is a free agent.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #89: Jul 27, 2010 03:40:41 pm
      Uhh, what? Raul is a free agent.

Yeah but give Real Madrid Ngog anyway
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #90: Jul 27, 2010 11:48:35 pm
      Yeah but give Real Madrid Ngog anyway

I'd rather keep N'Gog than get Raul. N'Gog is at the age where there is a lot of time for development, Raul isn't going to get any better as a player now.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #91: Jul 28, 2010 11:10:45 am
      Confirmed he has joined Shalke

Needs Locking
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855