Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Who to break into first-team this season?

Read 3383 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,234 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Who to break into first-team this season?
      Reply #23: Jul 26, 2010 02:14:13 am
      I think only one player will make the break into the first team and imho it will be Kelly
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #24: Jul 26, 2010 04:21:05 pm
      As long as I dont see Ngog in the first team- I dont care where he is.

Yep I agree.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #25: Jul 26, 2010 05:33:07 pm
      Anywhere but here, get out the way of Dani boy. Shelvey looks like he can pick a pass, unfortunately Ngog is too busy looking at the ground in a day dream.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #26: Jul 26, 2010 07:47:15 pm
      Kelly, Ayala, Pacheco, Shelvey.

spearing definatly, I reckon he will be good as gerrard in a few years

YNWA IRWT xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      iwantfernandosbabies
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #27: Jul 26, 2010 08:15:52 pm

Bit much, spearing has done well in the friendlies but i'd be amazed if he made it to gerrard's level. Hope i'm proved wrong mind, the best of luck to the lad!
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #28: Jul 26, 2010 08:50:53 pm

I must be watching a different spearing. Has he got a twin brother who hasn't played yet or something. Honestly I have never seen such a lame duck in the middle of the park as when I saw him play at sunderland last season. I've seen him before in friendlies too and he looks out of his depth there. People comment that "oh he's young... he show's heart and passion". Well he's soon 22, and by any stretch that is not young for a footballer anymore, there has to come a time when footballers need to play to their best, and spearing hasn't and i doubt will ever do so. He might show the heart of stevie but heart alone is not why gerrard is such a great footballer. He is and has always been a very talented footballer, great touch, great feet, excellent pass and shot - the exact antithesis of spearing.
      So let's not got on about spearing anymore, he won't amount to anything at the top level i'm afraid to say. We do have many great talents at our club. We all know about pacheco, he just needs games, valle looks like he's gonna be amazing, david amoo looks like a real live-wire, and we have two quality defenders in kelly and wilson which could quite easily be playing in the first team in a few years.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: Jul 27, 2010 10:47:32 am

I think Shelvey look to have more quality in midfield when he has come on late in the two games he has played. Spearing is giving his all out there but I dont think his level will be as first team for Liverpool
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Jul 27, 2010 09:47:01 pm
      I think Stephen Darby.

Simply because i think Purslow will bottle it and only sign one left back for Roy to use, thus leaving Darby to play there as back up.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #31: Jul 27, 2010 10:33:49 pm
      Anybody see Pacheco in the U-19's? Christ we better not lose him to Sociedad, I want to see more of this kid!!
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #32: Jul 27, 2010 11:03:31 pm
      Anybody see Pacheco in the U-19's? Christ we better not lose him to Sociedad, I want to see more of this kid!!

I think he has the potential to be the next Torres/Villa
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #33: Jul 27, 2010 11:07:37 pm
      Pacheco and Ayala deserve alot of playing time this season.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #34: Jul 27, 2010 11:25:48 pm
      I think we have a few youngsters who this term if they really want it enough can push on and break through in particular Ayala and Pacheco  i hope this time around we have a manager who will at least give them some playing time ,i don't believe in this ,oh they are too  young crap, if they are good enough they are old enough.

Don,t burn them out that is fair enough but its like going for a job and they tell you your,e not experienced enough ,but you cant get the experience without the job how do you get it if no one gives you the chance ,perhaps this time some of them might get that chance.   
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #35: Jul 27, 2010 11:45:37 pm
      For those wondering if Roy will give the youngsters a chance this season, this article may give you the answer.

I found it on a site about ones to watch in England's 19's European Championship squad.

Matthew Briggs

Given Liverpool’s defensive deficiencies of late, it is safe to assumethat the club’s new manager Roy Hodgson will carefully monitor the progress of Briggs following his rise through the ranks at his former club Fulham.

It was thanks to Hodgson that Briggs, a Fulham academy graduate, secured himself a niche in history in May 2007 by making his first team debut against Middlesbrough.

That appearance meant he became the Premier League’s youngest ever player, at 16 years and 65 days old, beating Everton striker James Vaughan’s record by 206 days.

The Wandsworth-born left-sided defender, who can operate as a centre-half or full back and spent a short spell on loan at Leyton Orient last term, has represented England at U16, 17, 19 and 20 level, and was a key member of the team that reached the final of the European Championships in 2009.

His career is set to reach a crossroads this season, which is the last of his current contract.

Quick Reply