Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Raul (Real Madrid)

Read 11735 times
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Raul (Real Madrid)
      Reply #23: May 21, 2010 08:28:10 pm
      I dont think Raul can lead our attack at this age and considering Torres' injury problems we should be looking at someone who can.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: May 21, 2010 08:55:06 pm
      We've lacked that killer instinct all season when Torres is out. Raul is just as deadly, and even more so with his shooting.

32? Van Nistelrooy is that age and everyone was raving about getting him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: May 21, 2010 10:26:04 pm
      We already have David Ngog,Nemeth is coming back and Jovanovich has also signed for us so we dont need any more back-up strikers.Lets sign some first-team material.

Please don't ever compared Ngog and Nemeth to Raul ever again please. Raul is better than them easily so it is only improving the squad. Ngog is 90% of the time sh*t and Nemeth never plays when he is at the club.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #26: May 22, 2010 12:40:23 am
      If he does sign it will bring back some good moments for Lpool for sure.Its first team material,no doubt,the problem is that hes in a club that is full of mega stars.Cant see him in a free move really..
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: May 22, 2010 12:42:21 am
      If he does sign it will bring back some good moments for Lpool for sure.Its first team material,no doubt,the problem is that hes in a club that is full of mega stars.Cant see him in a free move really..

I can't see a free move either but it won't take that much surely.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #28: May 22, 2010 12:46:34 am
      same
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: May 22, 2010 03:18:24 am
      I'd take him if any of this news is true. The man knows how to stick the ball in the back of the net.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #30: May 22, 2010 07:02:30 am
      We've lacked that killer instinct all season when Torres is out. Raul is just as deadly, and even more so with his shooting.

32? Van Nistelrooy is that age and everyone was raving about getting him.

I'll still take Van Nistelrooy if I could. Too bad he fu**ed off to Hamburg.

And I'll take Raul if we can as well. 32 is never too old, he could chip in decently with 2 seasons of work. And the experience he is going to lend to young players like Nemeth, Pacheco etc who'll probably see him as an idol would be good for their development.

I don't know if we're getting that Jovanovic guy or not. One moment it seems it's settled, the next it's not. And players like Ngog, Pacheco, and Nemeth are on the verge of a first team breakthrough, but not quite. They'll have to be developed properly to turn into world class players which could save us millions in the future.

If Raul joins, then that's my frontline settled, together with Jovanovic. We'll have 3 more options up front when Nemeth comes back, so we wouldn't need to rely on David, David, David, Dirk, Dirk, David.

Not bad with zero spending ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: May 22, 2010 01:02:37 pm
      Agree with what's been said. He's still got it, and our other forwards can learn from him. Plus we're talking about Raul being back-up but I honestly think him and Torres as a pairing would be very dangerous.
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #32: May 23, 2010 12:48:43 am
      I can't see him ever leaving real. Some players are destined to be only at one club and he is one of them. Having said that, if we could tempt him to a 1 or 2 year deal it would be a decent signing, think him and torres would work well together - there is the small matter of his wage, its not like we have a spare 80k a week lying around for a player of his age.
      Jaguar909
      • Banned

• 66 posts | -13 
      • Respect is earned , not given
      Reply #33: May 23, 2010 01:00:59 am
      rather have t henry, would be a better signing and similar circumstances, i do believe Henry is younger too at 32
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #34: May 23, 2010 01:03:35 am
      rather have t henry, would be a better signing and similar circumstances, I do believe Henry is younger too at 32

They are basically the same age, Raul a month or so older if that matters :roll:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #35: May 23, 2010 01:10:00 am
      You can still do it in your early 30's as Diego Milito has proved all season ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: May 23, 2010 01:17:46 am
      Who's Milito?

;)

I honestly would love to see Raul in a Liverpool shirt. The guy is a legend, and you don't get players with what he can bring, both on and off the pitch, cheap very often.

Under our current stewardship, it'll be these kind of deals we'll be forced into regardless of what we want, anyways.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #37: May 23, 2010 01:29:03 am
      Please don't ever compared Ngog and Nemeth to Raul ever again please. Raul is better than them easily so it is only improving the squad. Ngog is 90% of the time sh*t and Nemeth never plays when he is at the club.

He didn't compare either of them to Raul.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #38: May 23, 2010 02:44:51 am
      Raul??? Maybe as an assistant menager for Rafa(if he stays).As a player,no thanks,his days are over,he WAS a good player years ago!We need a young ,fast and hungry for success back up striker,Raul is none of this >:(
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #39: May 23, 2010 03:08:03 am
      Raul has to be good for 10-15 goals coming off the bench..The man knows how to be in right place at the right time.He reminds me of Rushie in his hayday
      Thats a damn site more than Ngog would get us
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #40: May 23, 2010 03:17:56 am
      Raul??? Maybe as an assistant menager for Rafa(if he stays).As a player,no thanks,his days are over,he WAS a good player years ago!We need a young ,fast and hungry for success back up striker,Raul is none of this >:(

Oh yeah, how about you pull out your chequebook and buy us one then :roll: Cos our owners certainly will not be providing us that. You gotta think about it in context, and at the moment a cheap deal for a player like Raul would be an absolute godsend for the club.

Not to mention I do not at all agree with your assesment of Raul being washed up. Still has something to offer as back up, IMO.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #41: May 23, 2010 04:05:09 am
      The more I ponder this, the more I think this guy could be Gary Mac like for us.  Not fully convinced, but am warming to the idea, even if I believe it's largely silly season rumours.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: May 23, 2010 01:52:25 pm
      From what I've just been reading Madrid have apparently offered to terminate his contract meaning he would be free to move clubs.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-us/news/article?contentId=1936736
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #43: May 23, 2010 02:00:40 pm
      Would really love to see a Real Madrid legend over heard, to be honest.

It's Raul Gonzalez for goodness sake!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44: May 23, 2010 02:08:47 pm
      I really do wish this was more than a silly reason rumour. Think Raul 7 would look well on a Liverpool shirt
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #45: May 23, 2010 02:35:23 pm
      I really do wish this was more than a silly reason rumour. Think Raul 7 would look well on a Liverpool shirt

If it was a silly rumour it wouldn't be open.

The opening article has to be reliable and have some substance in order for the thread to remain open.

Quick Reply