Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Best Eastern European country?

Read 1977 times
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Best Eastern European country?
      Feb 02, 2014 08:01:44 pm
      Planning on moving to Eastern Europe next year I know that all the countries have different cultures, things to do and nightlife etc but out of the following countries is best in regards to women, nightlife, things to do etc:

. Czech Republic
      . Slovakia
      . Poland
      . Ukraine
      . Romania
      . Bulgaria
      . Russia
      . Hungary
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Re: Best Eastern European country?
      Reply #1: Feb 02, 2014 08:16:18 pm
      I've been to a few cities in them countries. My personal recommendations would be:

Budapest
      Krakow
      Olomouc

I've not been to Russia, Bulgaria or Ukraine. I wouldn't recommend Bratislava, it's pretty grim apart from the Old Town which is very small. Olomouc is a smaller city, not sure if you want to go somewhere bigger or not. I didn't like Prague but that was more to do with external circumstances going on while I just happened to be living there.

They all have plenty of beautiful women, Budapest and Krakow are probably best for balance of nightlife against actually being nice to walk around too. I would consider Zagreb too, I had a great time there and in the summer you can go to the coast easy.

Trains are piss cheap so you can do some exploring while you're there too.
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #2: Feb 02, 2014 08:25:45 pm
      I've been to a few cities in them countries. My personal recommendations would be:

Budapest
      Krakow
      Olomouc

I've not been to Russia, Bulgaria or Ukraine. I wouldn't recommend Bratislava, it's pretty grim apart from the Old Town which is very small. Olomouc is a smaller city, not sure if you want to go somewhere bigger or not. I didn't like Prague but that was more to do with external circumstances going on while I just happened to be living there.

They all have plenty of beautiful women, Budapest and Krakow are probably best for balance of nightlife against actually being nice to walk around too. I would consider Zagreb too, I had a great time there and in the summer you can go to the coast easy.

Trains are piss cheap so you can do some exploring while you're there too.

Cheers fella, my brother went to Krakow and said it was decent and Warsaw aswell. Might go for a little holiday first see whether I'll like it or not.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3: Feb 02, 2014 08:28:31 pm
      Planning on moving to Eastern Europe next year I know that all the countries have different cultures, things to do and nightlife etc but out of the following countries is best in regards to women, nightlife, things to do etc:

. Czech Republic
      . Slovakia
      . Poland
      . Ukraine
      . Romania
      . Bulgaria
      . Russia
      . Hungary

Whatever the right answer is mate I love your priorities! Good lad :D
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #4: Feb 02, 2014 08:33:27 pm
      Whatever the right answer is mate I love your priorities! Good lad :D

You're only young once mate.  :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: Feb 02, 2014 08:51:13 pm
      Macedonia has the hottest girls.

Right, Kate?  ;)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6: Feb 02, 2014 08:53:53 pm
      Macedonia has the hottest girls.

Right, Kate?  ;)

Rep trying the flattery will get every where approach.

How is he doing Kate?

:)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #7: Feb 02, 2014 09:18:17 pm
      Prague in the Czech Republic
      Went there last year for work.
      Beautiful city, great people, easy to get around and very connected to the west.
      Would happily go back there again when the opportunity arises.
      Odd Job
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #8: Feb 02, 2014 09:21:36 pm
      Beautiful city, great people, easy to get around and very connected to the west.

You shouldn't need a visa with it being in the EU but is that the same for a work visa also?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #9: Feb 02, 2014 09:25:48 pm
      Don't know to be honest.
      My company sorted it all out.
      Regardless, a fantastic place to visit, stay and work.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #10: Feb 02, 2014 09:37:26 pm

This. Wonderful city.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #11: Feb 03, 2014 01:52:56 am
      You shouldn't need a visa with it being in the EU but is that the same for a work visa also?

You don't need a visa if you have an EU passport. Just check out issues such as tax and they might want you to register somewhere depending on where you live.

Prague is a little more expensive than other cities in eastern europe though most people seem to enjoy it there. 
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #12: Feb 03, 2014 02:41:04 am
      Quote from Odd Job

. Czech Republic
      . Slovakia
      . Poland
      . Ukraine
      . Romania
      . Bulgaria
      . Russia
      . Hungary

Russia and Belarussia are the only two you need visas for in Europe.

Women are flawless everywhere but they're not drinking buddies or one night stand lovers. They look after themselves and they want relationships.

Poland and Slovakia are dumps from a tourist pov. As is Prague. Of course if its stags and alco dens you're after, there'll be no shortage of them, but if you're looking for something to do, you'll find it difficult. Prague is a city for couples and there's not a lot more to it than a bridge and a castle for tourists. Travelling by train in Slovakia is cheap, but not easy. Nobody speaks English, stations often don't have mounted platforms,  stops are not announced, and there is a single sign telling you what station you're at over the door. Miss it and you're on your own.

Budapest though, is fantastic. There's a lot of places to see and do. Much better than Prague. Bucharest has the second biggest building in the world, the Parliament. Bulgaria is the cheapest country in the EU but there's not a lot to Sofia, so you do a lot of walking for what is there.

Russia is a headwrecker for bureaucracy. Visas are mandatory and there is no leniency if you haven't got them, or if it has a discrepancy. Once that hurdle is surmounted, your passport is surrendered for state registration when you reach your accommodation. Terrorism is a permathreat in Russia though and it's something you need to be aware of, while if you get into any bother with the authorities, the book will be thrown at you. If you escape all those obstacles, Russia is a great country with a vast range of cultures to enjoy and explore. Ukraine is much like Poland and the others. The entire Metro in Kiev costs the exorbitant sum of 20c per journey.

So make your choice, enjoy the beauty, the culture and contrasts. And saving your money.

Quick Reply