Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

BBC 3 Is Utterly Embarassing

Read 2425 times
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      BBC 3 Is Utterly Embarassing
      May 22, 2010 02:07:42 am
      Just tuned into BBC 3 and I was utterly appalled at this programme called 'Coming Of Age'. I don't think I've seen anything so dire in all my life. Crude jokes, cheap horribly bad innuendo and worst of all utterly atrocious acting - and that was all in the brief 3 or 4 minutes I was looking at it. I'm sure this isn't the last time BBC 3 commission such utterly atrocious stuff considering they've spouted such crap like 2 Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, Britain's Best Young Butcher. And we pay our license fee's for that sh*t? And what is it with their obsession with autistic people? The only half decent thing they broadcast is Family Guy which is at best The Simpsons without the subtle wit and warmthness.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Re: BBC 3 Is Utterly Embarassing
      Reply #1: May 22, 2010 02:10:39 am
      Hang on mate, anything that shows The Real Hustle and Jess in particular gets a thumbs up from me. :laugh:
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #2: May 22, 2010 02:13:30 am
      Hang on mate, anything that shows The Real Hustle and Jess in particular gets a thumbs up from me. :laugh:

Oh yeah that's pretty decent to be fair.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #3: May 22, 2010 02:14:05 am
      Oh yeah that's pretty decent to be fair.

Show isn't bad either. ;)
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #4: May 22, 2010 02:20:30 am
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: May 22, 2010 02:58:44 pm
      Don't like it, don't watch it.

Plenty of other channels out there. Not every channel is to everyone's taste.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #6: May 22, 2010 05:18:45 pm
      The only reason to watch BBC3 is for Family Guy.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #7: May 22, 2010 09:14:46 pm
      Don't like it, don't watch it.

Plenty of other channels out there. Not every channel is to everyone's taste.

I'm sorry but we pay our license fee for such crap. And if anyone thinks BBC 3 is good valued entertainment then they have very low standards.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #8: May 22, 2010 09:44:32 pm
      I'm sorry but we pay our license fee for such crap. And if anyone thinks BBC 3 is good valued entertainment then they have very low standards.

Yo be honest, that could be said for most of the BBC's output, as far as I'm concerned.  Family Guy, Dr Who & Luther are about the only things floating above the drivel on the BBC.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9: May 23, 2010 11:16:46 am
      The only reason to watch BBC3 is for Family Guy.

Family Guy is the mutt's nuts.

To be fair tho', BBC3 are also responsible for shows like Last Man Standing, Gavin & Stacey, The Mighty Boosh and Ideal; which i'll admit to enjoying. Add to this, Little Britain (which i think is sh*te but others enjoy).

Is this enough to warrant a continuing portion of my licence fee? I don't know - but sometimes you have to sift through some sh*t to find a diamond.........our transfer policy will give testament to this.  ;D

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: May 23, 2010 02:58:16 pm

To be fair tho', BBC3 are also responsible for shows like Last Man Standing, Gavin & Stacey, The Mighty Boosh and Ideal; which I'll admit to enjoying.

Yes. Yes yes yes!!! The Boosh and Family Guy are boss.

Haven't watched Gavin and Stacey but I'm warming towards giving it a go because one of my mate has been telling me it's nothing like I'm imagining.

Otherwise, the standard of programme is pretty sh*t. Same goes for the likes of MTV, which hardly has a thing to do with music any more and the only thing worth watching on it is South Park, if it's even still on there?
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #11: May 23, 2010 03:54:58 pm
      Little Britain was absolutely class for the first series but went downhill quickly in series 2 and 3. Then there was the god awful Little Britain Abroad and Little Britain USA
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: May 24, 2010 12:17:43 pm
      I don't mind BBC Three. Mostly because of Family Guy though.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: May 24, 2010 03:04:01 pm

To be fair tho', BBC3 are also responsible for shows like Last Man Standing, Gavin & Stacey, The Mighty Boosh and Ideal; which i'll admit to enjoying. Add to this, Little Britain (which i think is sh*te but others enjoy).

Is this enough to warrant a continuing portion of my licence fee? I don't know - but sometimes you have to sift through some sh*t to find a diamond.........our transfer policy will give testament to this.  ;D

Two really ace shows. Plus I'll admit to having enjoyed watching Gavin and Stacy too, but not as much as Ideal or The Mighty Boosh. Family Guy is class.

After that though, I really can't think of anything else I'd watch it for. And it makes me fume the way Eastenders gets repeated on it - like that load of sh*te isn't already on enough on BBC1!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #14: May 24, 2010 04:47:37 pm
      Two really ace shows. Plus I'll admit to having enjoyed watching Gavin and Stacy too, but not as much as Ideal or The Mighty Boosh. Family Guy is class.

After that though, I really can't think of anything else I'd watch it for. And it makes me fume the way Eastenders gets repeated on it - like that load of sh*te isn't already on enough on BBC1!

Same with that Doctor Who Confidential mate. Not bad enough inflicting the sh*t on us on BBC1, they then have to show us how it's made.

But most shows are like that these days, they all have the poxy spin off shows. The only decent one is Xtra Factor and that's only cos it's Holly who presents it.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #15: May 24, 2010 08:01:01 pm
      This series of Family Guy so far and the last series doesn't seem to have matched the series from about 2 or 3 years ago.

Quick Reply