Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Who Do You Think Will Win The World Cup?

Read 12189 times
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson
      • Started Topic

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Who Do You Think Will Win The World Cup?
      May 23, 2010 05:15:47 am
      Who do you think will win???? I think I might pick Argentina. They have arguably the best squad, but not sure about their coach. What do you guys think???
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2010 12:14:53 pm by JD »
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Re: Who Do You Think Will The World Cup????
      Reply #1: May 23, 2010 05:17:59 am
      Agree mate, i think Argentina will do it and the USA will cause a few upsets along the way..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2: May 23, 2010 05:21:20 am
      Should probably go in the World Cup board, and should be 'Who Do You Think Will WIN The World Cup' but otherwise :D

I'm pulling for Spain to win myself, really think they have some quality and i just love the team as well. Of course hope Australia will do as well as possible, but i would be insane if i held any realisitc hope of them winning anything.

So Viva Espana!!! ;D
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson
      • Started Topic

• 480 posts |
      Reply #3: May 23, 2010 05:29:11 am
      Oh yeah, good point. SORRY EVERYONE, my logic is a bit under average.

And as an Aussie, I agree with you bigvYNWA. I love Australia and only want them to do well. I doubt we will win, but I reckon we can put up a good fight against every team.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Who Do You Think Will Win The World Cup????
      Reply #4: May 23, 2010 05:35:50 am
      It's all good mate :D

I'm Aussie as well, obviously, and as Aussie's we go into every match whatever the sport hoping for an Aussie win. And i think we will put up a good fight, but nothing more. Kinda like the last cup, we had our chances against teams like Brazil and Italy, but still fell short.

I'm really looking forward to the match against Germany though, i must say.

But anyways, on topic - Spain for the win! ;D

Think Argentina are in with a good shout as well, but that depends a lot on whether the Messi that has played for Barca all season turns up or the one that has largely failed to deliver as much for country turns up.

That 'Write the Future' Nike ad comes to mind with Messi. This World Cup will have a big bearing on his lasting legacy i think.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson
      • Started Topic

• 480 posts |
      Reply #5: May 23, 2010 05:39:48 am
      It's all good mate :D

I'm Aussie as well, obviously, and as Aussie's we go into every match whatever the sport hoping for an Aussie win. And I think we will put up a good fight, but nothing more. Kinda like the last cup, we had our chances against teams like Brazil and Italy, but still fell short.

I'm really looking forward to the match against Germany though, I must say.

But anyways, on topic - Spain for the win! ;D

Think Argentina are in with a good shout as well, but that depends a lot on whether the Messi that has played for Barca all season turns up or the one that has largely failed to deliver as much for country turns up.

That 'Write the Future' Nike ad comes to mind with Messi. This World Cup will have a big bearing on his lasting legacy I think.

Great point, it will be very close. And I must say I can't wait for not just Australia v Germany, but the World Cup altogether. It even starts on my birthday, so even better!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: May 23, 2010 05:56:55 am
      F**k Spain, come on England!

If England go out, come on Spain!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: May 23, 2010 05:57:36 am
      Great point, it will be very close. And I must say I can't wait for not just Australia v Germany, but the World Cup altogether. It even starts on my birthday, so even better!

Nice! Oh im pumped for the whole cup. It starts the day i finish College here in the states for the year, and ive already got a calender of all the group matches i wanna watch written out :D Then ill be on the Sunshine Coast back in Oz when the final is on, gonna be awesome!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: May 23, 2010 06:01:52 am
      I know Argentina have a quality squad but I highly doubt any of you saw them playing at least twice in the last few years. As a team they are struggling and Messi was never as good playing for his country as he is for Barça. So I don't get all this favouritism you guys see.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9: May 23, 2010 06:15:06 am
      I know Argentina have a quality squad but I highly doubt any of you saw them playing at least twice in the last few years. As a team they are struggling and Messi was never as good playing for his country as he is for Barça. So I don't get all this favouritism you guys see.

That's why they aren't favorites for me :D I think they are contenders purely from the squad, but unless they get it together they won't make the semi's. Largely depends on finding form together finally.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #10: May 23, 2010 06:15:15 am
      I'd love Argentina. But I personally think they are not the best in defence. They could be exploited there. Plus under Maradona they have struggled.
      Spain are strong but we know they are perennial under-achievers. So are Englad.

In short, I'm not sure who'll win. ;)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #11: May 23, 2010 06:59:58 am
      ENGLAND?
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson
      • Started Topic

• 480 posts |
      Reply #12: May 23, 2010 07:16:33 am
      Maradona is a sh*t coach and can't get it together. But I don't see why they can't win. Defence will be fine...Demichelis, Samuel, Heinze, Burdisso, and Coloncinni; I think you catch my drift.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #13: May 23, 2010 07:30:56 am

Messi is never good for Aregentina because I feel he needs other quality playmakers around him. People like Xavi, Iniesta who have a clockwork understanding with Messi will allow him to express himself fully. Messi cannot work alone in a team, there is a need for a fulcrum to provide Messi with support like at Barca.

Spain have the best squad for me. They can form two teams and still go out and win.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson
      • Started Topic

• 480 posts |
      Reply #14: May 23, 2010 07:37:59 am
      Spain are a great team, but I'm tipping Germany also to do well. The surprise package this year will be the Netherlands. They have a stronger team than people think. But, my tip is still Argentina.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #15: May 23, 2010 08:54:36 am
      Spain for me. England are only tight in the betting because the bookies would take massive losses if by some miracle they were to win it. Just robbed a forty foot aluminium flagpole off site and my England flag will be going up, even though I hate half the pri*ks who play for us. Especially Carrick, Terry, Fat Frank, Wobbly Gob Rio, David catwalk James, Shrek and team Beckhom.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson
      • Started Topic

• 480 posts |
      Reply #16: May 23, 2010 12:15:54 pm
      What about France here???? They haven't been mentioned.....I'm not entirely sure on how they will go...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #17: May 23, 2010 12:22:13 pm
      I agree with David.

World Cup starts 2 days before my birthday :laugh:

Spain's got one of the most talented group of footballers this generation. Almost every single one of them are amazing players. Even more amazing that some good ones couldn't fit into the 23 or 30 men squad even. Abundance of quality in the first team and the bench, they have.

I do hope they win the World Cup because I enjoy watching their style of football.

Viva Espana ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #18: May 23, 2010 12:30:29 pm
      Got this feeling that Spain won't win it. Torres won't be fully fit and I think they will regret taking just the three strikers. Dropping Senna was a mistake IMO as well. They'll still do well but I just think they'll fail to win it this time.

If Capello drops F***ing Heskey and plays Gerrard behind Rooney then England have a genuine chance this time.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson
      • Started Topic

• 480 posts |
      Reply #19: May 23, 2010 01:27:07 pm
      If Capello drops f**king Heskey and plays Gerrard behind Rooney then England have a genuine chance this time.

Yep, totally agree. :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20: May 23, 2010 02:08:23 pm
      Gotta be England for me. 

Like the Aussies were saying I have to believe we can win every time we play and although they usually let me down they are still my national team.  I'm also liking the way Capello has them working together not like some of the idiots we've had managing us.

Come on England!!
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #21: May 23, 2010 03:08:30 pm
      Spain.Spain.Spain.Spain. Spain.Spain.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #22: May 23, 2010 03:13:15 pm
      But, my tip is still Argentina.
      Mine too.
      What about France here???? They haven't been mentioned.....I'm not entirely sure on how they will go...
      NO chance. :f_steam:

Quick Reply