Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jose Mourinho

Read 12966 times
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Jose Mourinho
      May 23, 2010 11:06:10 am
      Looks like he's on a bit of an 'FM mission' :P

By the way did any of you see his press conference before least nights game?
      Reporter : Van Gaal wasn't too fond of your celebration in the semi final, what do you have to say about that (something like that anyway ha)
      Jose : He's just jealous, he can't run like me....fast VROOM

:lmao:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Jose Mourinho
      Reply #1: May 23, 2010 11:47:06 am
      Like it or not - he's some manager and a charismatic character.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2: May 23, 2010 11:48:48 am
      A good manager but a c**t of  a man.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #3: May 23, 2010 11:51:42 am
      I quite like him to be honest, I could see totally why you'd think that though
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #4: May 23, 2010 11:53:01 am
      He does seem to be on a FM mission jonty mate, he's going around country after country trying to win everything.

I think he is a selfish man, he just wants to win and move on, he doesn't care about the club, he seems to me that he sees a club as a stepping stone for a decorated career. You can never say he's committed to one club solely.

Definitely a good manager and a very charismatic character. I feel for Inter fans, having won the CL and then their manager coming out to say 'I'm leaving the club now that I've accomplished everything'.

Jose Mourinho will never be looked as a legend at any club, despite the successes he has brought to wherever he's been.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #5: May 23, 2010 11:55:58 am
      He does seem to be on a FM mission jonty mate, he's going around country after country trying to win everything.

I think he is a selfish man, he just wants to win and move on, he doesn't care about the club, he seems to me that he sees a club as a stepping stone for a decorated career. You can never say he's committed to one club solely.

Definitely a good manager and a very charismatic character. I feel for Inter fans, having won the CL and then their manager coming out to say 'I'm leaving the club now that I've accomplished everything'.

Jose Mourinho will never be looked as a legend at any club, despite the successes he has brought to wherever he's been.
      Fair shout that mate :)
      However, i think he can be looked at as a legend in any club due to him 'starting something' if you get me :P

Maybe :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6: May 23, 2010 01:30:06 pm
      Love him or loath him, he gets the best out of the players he's got. Considering his team wasn't full of superstars, its a great achievement whats he's done with the club. If/when he goes to Real next year then we all better watch out  :-\. Unfortunately it looks like the tide is turning again now and English cubs are dipping in class. The next few years looks as if we're playing catch up again. Apart from Man City and probably Chelsea, we can't match the funds for the top players.

I hope Mourinho comes back to English football again one day. he's great for the game. Please god its Old Trafford even though we can't afford him  :f_wah:
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #7: May 23, 2010 07:15:16 pm
      Love him or loath him, he gets the best out of the players he's got.
      Eto'o.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #8: May 23, 2010 08:28:27 pm
      I agree, if he is the opposition's Manager, he is an arrogant c**t, but if Rafa did go, I would not mind him her.

Why he may be going to Real Madrid is beyond me, as this time next year, he will be replaced, Real managers only seem to last 12 months, wether they win trophies or not.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #9: May 23, 2010 08:38:26 pm

He wouldn't have left Chelsea if Abramovich wasn't such an arse towards him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: May 23, 2010 08:45:57 pm
      Chelsea's biggest problem was the owner bringing in his pals rather than what Jose needed for the squad. On a different note Jose will have to adopt his style if he is to be a long term manager for Madrid. The well oiled machine cliche that defined his reign at both Chelsea and Inter wont wash at Madrid. He will have to learn to put emphasis on style to keep the job for more than a season
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: May 23, 2010 09:04:35 pm
      Funny that he couldn't win the CL with the club who threw money at him but the two that never, (compared to Chelsea) he did. As much of a beaut the man is, as a manager he is undeniably good.

I agree that he seems like he looks at clubs as a stepping stone to decorating his own collection. But a lot of clubs don't seem to mind. He arrives. He wins. He leaves. A league title would be all well and good for us, but I would definitely prefer someone who could win it eventually and then be prepared to stay and build for the future. It's proven to work at United and it worked for us in the past, with us keeping the same mentality for a long long time.

As Rafa suggested, his style of play is probably not what Madrid will want. At the end of the day though, they need to change it up a bit as they're winning f**k all. He might be exactly what they need?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #12: May 23, 2010 09:49:15 pm
      Funny that he couldn't win the CL with the club who threw money at him but the two that never, (compared to Chelsea) he did. As much of a beaut the man is, as a manager he is undeniably good.

I agree that he seems like he looks at clubs as a stepping stone to decorating his own collection. But a lot of clubs don't seem to mind. He arrives. He wins. He leaves. A league title would be all well and good for us, but I would definitely prefer someone who could win it eventually and then be prepared to stay and build for the future. It's proven to work at United and it worked for us in the past, with us keeping the same mentality for a long long time.

As Rafa suggested, his style of play is probably not what Madrid will want. At the end of the day though, they need to change it up a bit as they're winning f**k all. He might be exactly what they need?

Sums it up for me. Don't like the guy, but at the same time he makes me laugh with the crap he does. And, he knows how to manage a team, think simply because out of any team he will always have the biggest ego! :D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #13: May 23, 2010 09:53:20 pm
      Madrid won't get rid of him. They're not that stupid.

He can win trophies.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: May 23, 2010 10:17:20 pm
      Madrid won't get rid of him. They're not that stupid.

He can win trophies.

Aye. They'll try and keep hold of him.

He'll leave though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #15: May 24, 2010 12:31:52 am
      I think for however much I hate him, I have to say the game is more entertaining with him in it. He's a character and he speaks like a c**t sometimes but on other occassions does make me laugh out loud.

And no one can deny he is a talented manager and for whoever Barca buy, they will be a little bit worried if Jose takes over there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: May 24, 2010 02:08:53 am
      Will be the first manager i can think of to get Madrid playing more defensive than attacking and to have them sit back on a 1-0 lead.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: May 24, 2010 02:52:42 am
      I agree, if he is the opposition's Manager, he is an arrogant c**t, but if Rafa did go, I would not mind him here.

Why he may be going to Real Madrid is beyond me, as this time next year, he will be replaced, Real managers only seem to last 12 months, wether they win trophies or not.

Same mate, as much as he is an arrogant c**t and it's embarrassing the way he goes around pointing his finger as if he is Number 1, if he won us trophies, I wouldn't be watching what he was doing, I'd be jumping up and down celebrating as if I was out there with the lads.

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #18: May 24, 2010 03:16:09 am
      I don't want to win trophies at all cost, I'd like to think there's some values left at our club like respect, honour, pride, loyalty etc. Think about Mourinho coming here. First after starting at Barcelona he now goes to their rivals Real Madrid. Then after that he'd go to one of the rivals of Chelsea, a club he managed before that? Mourinho wouldn't give a F**k about Liverpool, he only cares about himself, that's not the kind of person I'd want to play or manage here. Nobody should act like he's more important than the club he's at. I'm fine with not winning trophies if that means we keep people like him out of our club. Winning trophies will not make me love our club more, and it will not make me respect the players and manager if they're cu*ts.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2010 04:43:45 am by Dexter »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #19: May 24, 2010 04:17:23 am
      I understand your sentiments mate and respect them but if Rafa were to leave and if Jose came here, won us a trophy or 3 and then decided to F**k off, I couldn't give a sh*t, we get the 3 trophies which we've been craving and then surely he'd leave us in good stead for the next year or so.

Alot of ifs and my personal opinion is I want Rafa to stay with us, win trophies and be successful with us and shove a big fat finger up all the cu*ts out there who have been dogging him.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #20: May 24, 2010 04:40:48 am
      If that's what we need to do to win trophies then we're no better than gloryhunting clubs like Chelsea and Real Madrid. I'm sorry, but I like to hold our club to higher standards, and I'm not willing to drop those just to win some trophies. Really makes me wonder how desperate people will become and what people would be willing to do to our club if we ever have some really rough times far worse than right now, ofcourse I hope we'll never have to find out.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2010 04:48:41 am by Dexter »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #21: May 24, 2010 05:18:19 am
      If that's what we need to do to win trophies then we're no better than gloryhunting clubs like Chelsea and Real Madrid. I'm sorry, but I like to hold our club to higher standards, and I'm not willing to drop those just to win some trophies. Really makes me wonder how desperate people will become and what people would be willing to do to our club if we ever have some really rough times far worse than right now, ofcourse I hope we'll never have to find out.

Hopefully if we get rid of these Yank cu*ts and the new owners back Rafa with some cash, we won't be having any more rough times.

No matter what happens, I'll always be around with my fellow Reds to ride the rollercoaster ride that is the LFC.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #22: May 24, 2010 10:42:38 am
      Mourinho is a good manager, wins trophies through boring but effective football.

I had to admit that even though I really dislike him.

He could do us good by getting us some trophies in his short stay :laugh: but I rather have someone who stays for the long term. I want Rafa (he's more than capable) to win trophies so everyone who criticised him can keep it down.

Quick Reply