Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jose Mourinho

Read 12969 times
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Jose Mourinho
      Reply #23: May 24, 2010 11:35:04 am
      He wouldn't have left Chelsea if Abramovich wasn't such an arse towards him.

No. Why would he want to leave Inter then? Surely their owner is not a c**t because Jose said Inter need to keep Moratti.

He would have left Chelsea once he won the Champions League, the issue isn't about the owner. Only a certain red team denied him from doing so.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #24: May 24, 2010 05:02:00 pm
      He does seem to be on a FM mission jonty mate, he's going around country after country trying to win everything.
      To be fair, he did say when he arrived at Chelski that his career aim was to win a league title in England, Italy and Spain. I guess the small matter of European Cup wins is just a nice little bonus!

Like him or loath him, Mourinho is about as close as you'll get to a guaranteed success when you're after a new manager.

Anyone see the interview with his son, by the way? Another arrogant little .....
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #25: May 24, 2010 05:39:59 pm
      No. Why would he want to leave Inter then? Surely their owner is not a c**t because Jose said Inter need to keep Moratti.

He would have left Chelsea once he won the Champions League, the issue isn't about the owner. Only a certain red team denied him from doing so.

Bollocks would he. He keeps saying he loves Chelsea, so there's no reason why he would have left had he the backing he needed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #26: May 24, 2010 07:07:38 pm
      Suppose we'll never know.

Just like the feeling that we helped Roman make his decision after twice knocking the mongy one out at the semi-stage.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: May 24, 2010 10:48:49 pm
      I'm sorry but for anyone to say they wouldn't have Mourino if Rafa did go is talking through their heart and not their head.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #28: May 24, 2010 10:54:43 pm
      I'm sorry but for anyone to say they wouldn't have Mourino if Rafa did go is talking through their heart and not their head.
      I don't agree, but even if so, what would be wrong with that? Liverpool for me is a matter of the heart, not the head.

The thing is though, I think he's a pompous dick, extremely selfish, respectless. That's not the kind of person I want to represent the club I love, what's wrong with that? Like I said, winning isn't everything to me, I prefer someone with heart, someone who's loyal.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2010 11:13:03 pm by Dexter »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: May 24, 2010 11:53:17 pm
      Dexter.

I think most of your fans want Trophies more than anything else. Managers come and go when it suits them, just like most players do unfortunately. I admire your thoughts but its whats in the trophy cabinet that matters to most people.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #30: May 25, 2010 11:57:25 am
      Bollocks would he. He keeps saying he loves Chelsea, so there's no reason why he would have left had he the backing he needed.

You're contradicting yourself.

He said he loved Inter Milan as well. He got the utmost backing from Moratti. There's no reason for him to leave but he chose to.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #31: May 25, 2010 12:03:41 pm
      He will not last more than 2 years at Madrid.

Their fans demand attacking football.

He will not provide this.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: May 25, 2010 01:34:55 pm
      He will not last more than 2 years at Madrid.

I hope your right. I would welcome him with open arms at Old Trafford  :D
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #33: May 25, 2010 01:50:12 pm
      I hope your right. I would welcome him with open arms at Old Trafford  :D
      Your next manager is Bryan Robson....you heard it here first :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #34: May 25, 2010 03:11:30 pm
      Your next manager is Bryan Robson....you heard it here first :D

I bloody hope not  :-\
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #35: May 25, 2010 04:12:20 pm
      Funny how sh*t on a stick football seems acceptable to madrid.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #36: May 25, 2010 05:00:23 pm
      You're contradicting yourself.

He said he loved Inter Milan as well. He got the utmost backing from Moratti. There's no reason for him to leave but he chose to.

Oh, okay buddy. I forgot you were José himself.

He preferred Chelsea - he said he cried when he knocked them out in the Champions League - if that's not extreme attachment to a Club, I don't know what is.

He would not have moved on from Chelsea if he was backed properly by Abramovich. Regardless.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #37: May 25, 2010 05:04:17 pm
      Looks like he is off to Real Madrid then...

He had dinner with the chairman of R.Madrid

Xabi Alonso was saying he doesn't mind who is the manager
      moh20
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #38: May 25, 2010 05:25:02 pm
      what a manager !!!

He is leaving Inter because he doesnt like Italian football, im sure he has come out and said that.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #40: May 25, 2010 11:44:29 pm
      That sucks. That truly does suck.

He's portrayed as an arrogant, egotistical man. And on occasions he is, but he does really seem to bond with any Club he's at, and its players.

I don't mind saying that I've always had a respect for Mourinho. He doesn't care what the press say, he doesn't care what anyone says. He's just himself. He plays mind-games, he insults people, sure - but who doesn't?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: May 25, 2010 11:57:51 pm
      Mourinho is an interesting fella. I've read that players love him because he takes the focus off of them before matches because of how he deals with the media. How often, in the buildup to the final, did we read about Balotelli's psychosis, Eto'o going for a 2nd straight CL or Sneijder being a primadonna? It was all about Mourinho. It let the players focus on the task at hand, which was executing his game plan, which was boring but effective. Would be a great manager for Madrid, who wants instant success, but long term probably not as good, as their fans want to match Barca in attacking verve and flair, not just wins, methinks.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #42: May 25, 2010 11:59:46 pm
      Well, Madrid's fans can't have everything. It's one or the other.

Take my word for it - Mourinho's Real Madrid will be unlucky if they lose to Barca at all next season. He is FAR too organised for Guardiola.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #43: May 26, 2010 01:39:15 am

Take my word for it - Mourinho's Real Madrid will be unlucky if they lose to Barca at all next season. He is FAR too organised for Guardiola.

I don't know to be honest. In the group stage of the Champions League when Barca beat Inter 2-0 they near on dominated from the kick off and Inter were all over the place. Will give him his due for getting his team to beat them 3-1 later on but in the 2nd leg Inter defended the whole game and still conceded 2 goals and they got very lucky that the 2nd was ruled out.

Inter have far better defensive players than Madrid, Madrid like to be very attacking which is something Jose wont be able to change. If they set out to just play and defend the way Inter did then IMO Barca will still be far too strong for them. They got through Inter's defensive play so they'd get through Madrid's, and not forgetting that Inter's defensive players are physically a lot stronger. Don't see the point in him going there really, they started to gel a lot better as time went on, I'd have given Pellegrini another season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: May 26, 2010 01:47:46 am
      With you Res.

I don't like him anywhere near our club because he isn't a Liverpool style manager, but that's why i respect him so much.

That's heartbreaking that fairwell.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #45: May 26, 2010 02:09:47 am
      I don't know to be honest. In the group stage of the Champions League when Barca beat Inter 2-0 they near on dominated from the kick off and Inter were all over the place. Will give him his due for getting his team to beat them 3-1 later on but in the 2nd leg Inter defended the whole game and still conceded 2 goals and they got very lucky that the 2nd was ruled out.

Inter have far better defensive players than Madrid, Madrid like to be very attacking which is something Jose wont be able to change. If they set out to just play and defend the way Inter did then IMO Barca will still be far too strong for them. They got through Inter's defensive play so they'd get through Madrid's, and not forgetting that Inter's defensive players are physically a lot stronger. Don't see the point in him going there really, they started to gel a lot better as time went on, I'd have given Pellegrini another season.

Ha, fair points bud, but I guarantee he'll be taking some Internazionale players with him.
      « Last Edit: May 26, 2010 02:38:05 am by Reslivo »

Quick Reply