Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jose Mourinho

Read 12968 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Jose Mourinho
      Reply #69: May 31, 2010 12:38:52 pm
      Apparently this is the team he wants for next season:

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #70: May 31, 2010 12:45:57 pm
      So no Higuain then??
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #71: May 31, 2010 01:09:52 pm
      Well, AS is reporting he's giving Benzema another chance, apparently he's a big fan of his. Big mistake in my opinion.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #72: May 31, 2010 01:19:25 pm
      Well, AS is reporting he's giving Benzema another chance, apparently he's a big fan of his. Big mistake in my opinion.

At the risk of getting panned here. Swap deal for one of our players with Higuain
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #73: May 31, 2010 03:46:54 pm
      He wants Reina to play CB

No he isn't having him :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #74: May 31, 2010 03:49:05 pm
      Apparently this is the team he wants for next season:

Good, I wonder if he'll let us have Alvaro back for right-back!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #75: May 31, 2010 09:49:58 pm
      I'd rather have Higuain than Benzema.
      marcyanguez
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #76: Jun 02, 2010 05:40:07 pm
      Why does people in England love Mourinho? I can not understand why, he is so rude...that's the reason because he has never get on with italians when he was at Inter, and the reason because everybody hates him in Barcelona,,,and probably in a few months we will see him acting like a victim when the Spanish journalist don't tolerate his acts as the italians didn't. To be honest, it's time for him to taste the flavour of the defeat and misery. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #77: Jun 02, 2010 07:33:59 pm
      There's no in between with Mourinho  ;D You love him, or hate him. I love him to bits and would love him to come back to English football one day... Please god he comes to Old Trafford  :) If he goes to Anfield then i shall have to become a Manc scouser  :f_whistle: ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #78: Jun 02, 2010 07:43:25 pm
      What makes me piss myself is the sh*te that comes out of the British media about this lad becoming the next Utd manager.

They are mad for it, even one of them making a completely ridiculous comment about Mourinho putting a clause into his contract so he can take the Utd job, are they F***ing serious Real are a bigger club than Utd, why the F**k would he leave Real for a debt ridden club that can't spend peanuts.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #79: Jun 02, 2010 07:49:47 pm
      If he goes to Anfield then i shall have to become a Manc scouser

Typical glory hunting manc :P.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #80: Jun 02, 2010 08:12:04 pm
      Typical glory hunting manc :P.

Thats me :lmao: :f_whistle:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #81: Jun 03, 2010 01:50:13 pm
      Maicon says he wants to join Real Madrid.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #82: Feb 19, 2011 03:58:45 am
      Just saw an interview with him. Seems have to aged alot since he went to Madrid!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #83: Feb 19, 2011 03:10:29 pm
      He only goes where the situation is right for him to enhance his career then he is off.Cant stand the little c**t he is a shoe in fir UTD he fits the bill perfectly.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #84: Feb 19, 2011 06:09:29 pm
      Don't like this man. He's a really smart manager. As waltonl4 stated, he only goes when the situation is right. All the teams he's joined after Porto have money and have good players there.

Has a degree in psychology if I'm not mistaken.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #85: Feb 19, 2011 06:45:26 pm
      A bit like Roy with us, he aged about 10 years in 6 months
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #86: May 09, 2011 06:20:48 pm
      A good read about him, by Brian Reade

Why self-centred Mourinho is turning into a Special bore
      Early last year, I took part in a survey to pick the 10 greatest European Cup-winning managers.

These are the names the poll came up with: Rinus Michels, Bob Paisley, Matt Busby, Ernst Happel, Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough, Bela Guttman, Arrigo Sacchi, Jock Stein and Marcello Lippi.

Jose Mourinho, along with Fabio Capello, just missed the cut. Had the poll been done months later, after his second Champions League win, Mourinho would have cruised into that top 10.

Had he gone on this year to lift his third European Cup with three different clubs, he could have laid claim to being near the top of it.

But what we witnessed in the Bernabeu on Wednesday proved that, no matter how many trophies Mourinho wins, he will never deserve to sit in such exalted company as those true ­managerial greats.

Because, ultimately, he doesn’t really care about football. Not the players, not the fans and not the club.

He cares solely about one thing: How Jose Mourinho is perceived. How he can sneer and wink at the fools who doubt him.

And he’s turning into a sad, demented bore.

He’s the new Michael ­Barrymore. An eccentric, anti-establishment figure who once appeared a breath of fresh air.

When he went into exile, and blander men replaced him, we looked back on his act with ­fondness. But when he was shoved before us again, needing to go to greater lengths to shock us into loving him, we just squirmed and wondered what we ever found appealing.

It’s why the vast majority of neutrals (despite having many issues with Barcelona) were overjoyed to see this mean-spirited figure humiliated on Wednesday.

That long, pre-­meditated after-match outburst, when he blamed everyone from Uefa to Unicef for conspiring to get Barca to Wembley was his way of stealing the limelight from a truly great football man, Lionel Messi, who had just scored one of the finest-ever Champions League goals.

More than that, it was a way of diverting attention away from the kind of anti-football Jorge Valdano once described as “s*** on a stick” that he chose to serve up when he had home advantage, with the most lavishly-assembled squad in the world at his disposal.

A team that had Benzema, Higuain and Kaka on the bench, and the most expensive footballer ever, Cristiano Ronaldo pleading with his manager to give him the means to attack.

A manager who looked away, letting him know he was an irrelevance in the greater scheme of things - the scheme of elevating Jose.

Remember him holding five fingers up to the cameras after winning the FA Cup with Chelsea, reminding us how many trophies he had won in London, racing down the line at Old Trafford, running to the centre of the Nou Camp last year and dragging the cameras away from the Inter Milan players who had performed so brilliantly? Nauseating.

The self-styled Special One does not deserve to sit alongside the Happels, Paisleys and Busbys because he does not love football and football people. Just himself.

He doesn’t create great clubs, just one trophy-winning team, before moving on to another rich club he believes can fuel his personal ambition.

He now tells us his next move will be to England and believes he is flattering us with such a generous pronouncement.

But is a man whose youthful charm has turned to bitter ­megalomania, a self-obsessed control freak who plays with such destructive cynicism, really worthy of taking our biggest and best clubs forward?

In a word, no.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-reade/Brian-Reade-on-Real-Madrid-Barcelona-Why-self-centred-Jose-Mourinho-is-turning-into-a-Special-bore-article729633.html
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #87: May 10, 2011 11:38:30 am
      Mourinho is hurting the football as a whole. Let's not forget when he was in charge at Chelsea, what he has done at half time with the referee and the consequences afterwards. A referee resigning because of death threats. Can't recall Mourinho condemning these treats at the times...

One word come to mind when thinking of Mourinho, machiavellianism.

Robdylan
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #88: May 10, 2011 12:22:06 pm
      Reckon he'll be Man United manager within 15 months.  Perhaps within 3 months.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #89: May 10, 2011 12:23:47 pm
      Reckon he'll be Man United manager within 15 months.  Perhaps within 3 months.

Not a chance, that whiskey sodden c**t wants a third European Cup and will probably have to be carried out of OT in a coffin.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #90: May 10, 2011 12:27:32 pm
      Not a chance, that whiskey sodden c**t wants a third European Cup and will probably have to be carried out of OT in a coffin.

He can want a 3rd all he wants. Won't get it. Anyways, if on the slight chance that he stays on so long to get one, it will never eclipse Paisley's 3 in 5 years.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #91: May 10, 2011 12:41:33 pm
      Taken from the article: Ultimately, he doesn’t really care about football. Not the players, not the fans and not the club.

He cares solely about one thing: How Jose Mourinho is perceived. How he can sneer and wink at the fools who doubt him.

This is why I hate this F***ing c**t. This is who he really is. He'll never go to a club who haven't got big coffers, cause he won't win anything then.

He wants to be on the front page of every F***ing newspaper, b***ard.

Ok, rant over, and I feel better now.

Quick Reply