Trending Topics

Next match: Swansea v LFC [Premier League] Mon 22nd Jan @ 8:00 pm
      Liberty Stadium

Today is the 18th of January and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W10 D3 L9

Major League Soccer

Read 22236 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 106 
      Re: Major League Soccer
      Reply #360 : Mar 12, 2017 10:51:47 pm »
      You lived in Boston all your life? Are there a lot of Liverpool fans there?

Btw - any internet streams of MLS available online?  ;D

edit: no problem - found one

Been here 20 years odd,grew up england.Always loads of reds here,the irish connection but more college/hipster types now.wee bit annoying to be honest.
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,148 posts | 164 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #361 : Mar 12, 2017 11:33:18 pm »
      What a game, Minnesota vs Atlanta.

I thought I had it bad watching Chicago vs Salt Lake in 30F yesterday. I have season tickets for Chicago, enjoy going to the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,825 posts | 2561 
      Reply #362 : Mar 16, 2017 05:19:13 pm »

We're in line for up to 18 inches of the stuff tuesday into wednesday.I don't think this game would go in Britain,dangerous as f**k for the players,no?

Wrong, it would be called off because of health & safety concerns for the fans, ie people slipping over.

The game should go on really, like they used to, just use an orange ball.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 106 
      Reply #363 : Sep 29, 2017 04:46:25 pm »
         So The Revolution seem to have gone two years without an away win in the league,a player sent off in each of the last 3 aways they lost 7-0,3-1,6-1..Still in with a chance of the play-offs mind. :o.Meanwhile Atlanta got 70,000 odd for a league game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,825 posts | 2561 
      Reply #364 : Sep 29, 2017 06:08:12 pm »
      Meanwhile Atlanta got 70,000 odd for a league game.

Seen something on the MLS roundup show on Sky the other night, newly built ground they're playing at isn't it, which they share with the Falcons.
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,577 posts | 1358 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #365 : Sep 29, 2017 07:00:55 pm »
      Seen something on the MLS roundup show on Sky the other night, newly built ground they're playing at isn't it, which they share with the Falcons.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=199786&page=14

FATKOPITE10
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,634 posts | 761 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #366 : Sep 29, 2017 07:29:22 pm »
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,148 posts | 164 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #367 : Sep 29, 2017 10:43:11 pm »
      The Chicago Fire make the playoffs for the first time since 2012. I am a happy Fire fan. 
      Boston not la
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 106 
      Reply #368 : Oct 26, 2017 06:44:31 pm »
      The Chicago Fire make the playoffs for the first time since 2012. I am a happy Fire fan.

ouch,i guess ya not so happy  today.Only 12,000 at the game that's not good either for a play-off.Vancouver battered San jose 5-0 in the other game.Today is Atlanta at home to Austin/Columbus and Houston v Kansas city.As the play-offs now drag on till the first week of december.
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,148 posts | 164 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #369 : Oct 27, 2017 01:13:30 am »

ouch,i guess ya not so happy  today.Only 12,000 at the game that's not good either for a play-off.Vancouver battered San jose 5-0 in the other game.Today is Atlanta at home to Austin/Columbus and Houston v Kansas city.As the play-offs now drag on till the first week of december.

You are correct, I am not happy today. I am not sure how I feel about the season including playoffs going into December.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,825 posts | 2561 
      Reply #370 : Oct 27, 2017 01:44:41 am »
      You are correct, I am not happy today. I am not sure how I feel about the season including playoffs going into December.

Just watching the Atlanta/Columbus here on Sky, showed goals from the Chicago/NY Red Bulls game. Obviously can't judge from goals but didn't look a good performance from Chicago. Thought the fourth from New York was a good goal though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,825 posts | 2561 
      Reply #371 : Oct 27, 2017 02:49:07 am »
      Columbus Crew beat Atlanta on penalties.

Some bad penalties taken by the Atlanta players though.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 106 
      Reply #372 : Oct 27, 2017 06:07:26 pm »
      f**k knows how that stayed 0-0,fair play to the crew,gonna be interesting to watch their home game,now the owner wants to move the franchise.https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/10/25/don-garber-mls-commissioner-columbus-crew-move-austin-texas-precourt.
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,148 posts | 164 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #373 : Oct 28, 2017 03:50:35 am »
      Just watching the Atlanta/Columbus here on Sky, showed goals from the Chicago/NY Red Bulls game. Obviously can't judge from goals but didn't look a good performance from Chicago. Thought the fourth from New York was a good goal though.

It was not a good performance from the Fire. They were second to every ball and made some defence errors.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 106 
      Reply #374 : Nov 22, 2017 05:22:21 pm »
      mls limping towards a rematch of last years final,crew 0-0 toronto,seattle beat houston 2-0 in texas.the way the drag the play-offs out is beyond stupid even for yank soccer organizers.i might watch the final assuming it starts at a reasonable time.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 106 
      Reply #375 : Dec 01, 2017 04:25:10 pm »
      Rematch is on, Toronto at home to Seattle next saturday.Hope to f**k it's better than last years.
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,148 posts | 164 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #376 : Dec 10, 2017 12:25:29 am »
      Toronto win the MPS cup for 2017. Can't say much about the game, only seen the last 20 minutes of it.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 106 
      Reply #377 : Dec 14, 2017 04:44:17 pm »
      Glad Toronto won it,Seattle were negative f**king sh*t.Best team over the season won the title.MLS needs to sort out this play-off nonsense though,it's far to long.And to most irrelevant.Oh yeah forgot,ex red youth teamer,Chris Mavinga played for Toronto.
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2017 04:49:09 pm by Boston not la »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,449 posts | 30 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #378 : Jan 16, 2018 10:03:44 pm »
      Glad Toronto won it,Seattle were negative f**king sh*t.Best team over the season won the title.MLS needs to sort out this play-off nonsense though,it's far to long.And to most irrelevant.Oh yeah forgot,ex red youth teamer,Chris Mavinga played for Toronto.

I follow MLS and Toronto (started when became first Canadian MLS side in 2007) and was glad to see them cap off treble (Canadian Cup and Supporters Shield). Very fun side to watch with the attacking trio of Giovinco-Altidore-Vazquez.

Off season is pretty short as I believe this Friday is the super draft than in couple weeks time players report for pre-season training and in about month time the CONCACAF champions league begin
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,486 posts | 693 
      Reply #379 : Today at 06:47:29 am »

Should be back-to-back, Shittle were sh*t last year as well in the final.

Football, man.

Quick Reply