Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Huddersfield [Premier League] Fri 26th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W9 D6 L7

International friendlies

Read 63400 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,656 posts | 1775 
      Re: Other International friendlies
      Reply #675: Mar 29, 2015 08:08:31 pm
      Just finished watching Brazil. What a waste playing Coutinho as a left sided midfielder. Not entirely sure how they are for competitive matches, but Dunga's style seems to be similar to Mourinho? Based on the games I watched, I can not see Coutinho succeeding in this current team :(

As for Firmino, he really should be our primary target and the forward we should be buying, really think he'll reach world class status if he joins us! Loved his no look goal :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 34,392 posts | 3935 
      Re: Other International friendlies
      Reply #676: Jun 07, 2015 08:39:27 pm
      Ireland 0-0 England.

Great game that.

One for the purists.
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,656 posts | 1775 
      Re: International friendlies
      Reply #677: Jun 07, 2015 09:31:40 pm
      Just switched over and Coutinho scored :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,162 posts | 1351 
      Reply #678: Jun 11, 2015 07:59:22 pm
      Danny Higginbotham is so full of sh*t, said he's watched Loftus-Cheek a lot this season and he's the type of strong player that England under-21s have missed :lmao: He's average at best atm and they walked through qualification. He's being made to look a right numpty by David James of all people.
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,656 posts | 1775 
      Reply #679: Jun 11, 2015 08:23:46 pm
      Danny Higginbotham is so full of sh*t, said he's watched Loftus-Cheek a lot this season and he's the type of strong player that England under-21s have missed :lmao: He's average at best atm and they walked through qualification. He's being made to look a right numpty by David James of all people.

Come on, don't be harsh on Higginbotham, I'm sure he did his research and probably has seen Loftus-Cheek a lot this season...... youtube compilations :D
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,656 posts | 1775 
      Reply #680: Jun 11, 2015 08:55:12 pm
      Really like Hughes. Thought he was a 1 dimensional attacking midfield player, but when I watched Derby (because of Ibe), I noticed he was much more than that. Surprised we haven't taken a gamble, think he could be a first teamer for us in a season or 2.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #681: Jun 12, 2015 12:07:43 am
      Really like Hughes. Thought he was a 1 dimensional attacking midfield player, but when I watched Derby (because of Ibe), I noticed he was much more than that. Surprised we haven't taken a gamble, think he could be a first teamer for us in a season or 2.

Derby value him at £15m or something crazy, when the Mancs are getting Firmino for £13.1m...

I get your point mate and I know you feel the same as me with regards Firmino, I just don't think I'll get over that transfer fee in a long time.
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,656 posts | 1775 
      Reply #682: Jun 12, 2015 12:36:01 am
      Derby value him at £15m or something crazy, when the Mancs are getting Firmino for £13.1m...

I get your point mate and I know you feel the same as me with regards Firmino, I just don't think I'll get over that transfer fee in a long time.

He was the one player I really wanted after I started to watch him regularly last year, and if it didn't come to fruition, I wouldn't have mind, as long as it wasn't to f**king Man Utd..... for 13m!!!!! 

As for Hughes, I think he has the potential to be a really fantastic player. His play style is actually similar to Pjanic, would love us to take a gamble on him for the right price.
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,656 posts | 1775 
      Reply #683: Sep 09, 2015 02:28:26 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae8zbMRnHz4

Hopefully, Coutinho or Firmino will be on 2nd half!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,514 posts | 3293 
      Reply #684: Sep 09, 2015 02:21:02 pm
      That was awful, Klinnsman has lost the plot. Why he persists with Bradley I have no idea. Goes missing for long stretches and just isn't good enough. American team needs a lot of new blood and probably a new coach.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,806 posts | 3444 
      Reply #685: Nov 15, 2015 03:51:26 pm
      Hahahaha anyone seen the video on SSN of Vincent Kompany singing the Barmy Army's song but about Belgium.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #686: Nov 17, 2015 06:46:23 pm
      Germany v Holland game called off by the Police after a suspect case was found at the Stadium which was evacuated.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/nov/17/paris-terror-attacks-french-police-launch-fresh-raids-overnight-live#block-564b70c9e4b0a51fe20188ee
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #687: Nov 17, 2015 07:53:57 pm
      Being reported that there was an ambulance parked at the front of the stadium full of explosives.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,949 posts | 3343 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #688: Nov 17, 2015 08:22:11 pm
      Really don't get the point of these friendlies. All it does is disrupt the league season needlessly. National teams will say it gives them a chance to assess the team etc but it doesn't because if there's an injury it could keep them out for a while, hamper their whole season and rule them out of a summer competition, go into it unfit etc. Why not wait until the season is finished.

If Clyne or any of our lads get injured then it would be typical.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #689: Nov 17, 2015 08:32:09 pm
      Really don't get the point of these friendlies. All it does is disrupt the league season needlessly. National teams will say it gives them a chance to assess the team etc but it doesn't because if there's an injury it could keep them out for a while, hamper their whole season and rule them out of a summer competition, go into it unfit etc. Why not wait until the season is finished.

If Clyne or any of our lads get injured then it would be typical.

I know mate and Uncle Roy is wanting to get the lads together for a few days when there aren't any International games on, just for a get together, like that's going to make a difference how we play  :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,949 posts | 3343 
      Reply #690: Nov 17, 2015 08:34:12 pm
      I know mate and Uncle Roy is wanting to get the lads together for a few days when there aren't any International games on, just for a get together, like that's going to make a difference how we play  :lmao:

I still to this day find it hard to believe that he was once manager of Liverpool Football Club, replacing Rafa Benitez. I mean how is that even possible, surely it didn't actually happen??!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #691: Nov 17, 2015 08:38:35 pm
      I still to this day find it hard to believe that he was once manager of Liverpool Football Club, replacing Rafa Benitez.

It has to go down as the most ill conceived plan ever to befall the Club mate, it was mind blowingly dumb that anyone thought it was a good idea.  Even with little to no footballing knowledge that should have been obvious.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,509 posts | 4903 
      • YNWA
      Reply #692: Nov 17, 2015 08:40:13 pm
      Ross Barkley is incredibly overrated. The anti Iniesta
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,492 posts | 419 
      Reply #693: Nov 17, 2015 08:43:03 pm
      what a f**king goal that was !!!
      nelioneil
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,745 posts | 102 
      Reply #694: Nov 17, 2015 08:43:17 pm
      I think Dele Ali is the real thing. Was surprised he started the season at Spurs but he looks quality. And has been England's best player. .

I'm sure we were after him before he moved?
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,125 posts | 56 
      Reply #695: Nov 17, 2015 08:44:00 pm
      Wow what S goal by Ali fantastic shot 1-0 England
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,509 posts | 4903 
      • YNWA
      Reply #696: Nov 17, 2015 08:51:29 pm
      I think Dele Ali is the real thing. Was surprised he started the season at Spurs but he looks quality. And has been England's best player. .

I'm sure we were after him before he moved?

Spurs are contributing some great young talent to this England squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,949 posts | 3343 
      Reply #697: Nov 17, 2015 08:56:59 pm
      Wow what S goal by Ali fantastic shot 1-0 England

Didn't let his poor control in a good position earlier on in the half effect him which is good. Deflection or not, I can't see Lloris getting anywhere near that
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,125 posts | 56 
      Reply #698: Nov 17, 2015 09:07:58 pm
      Goal Rooney 2-0 well worked
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,873 posts | 471 
      Reply #699: Nov 17, 2015 09:26:30 pm
      Martial was anonymous. Again.