Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

International friendlies

Read 140176 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Other International friendlies
      Reply #276: Mar 31, 2011 08:52:40 pm
      I would demand an apology from Neymar. I know the Tartan army well would never stoop so low to racism...especially in a meaningless friendly. It was a lurid claim with no substance. I know of plenty of people who went to that match and 99.9% certain there was no racist chanting and the atmosphere between the two sets of fans was good.

Who does he think he is this Neymar? A paranoid little runt.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #277: Mar 31, 2011 09:08:49 pm
      I would demand an apology from Neymar. I know the Tartan army well would never stoop so low to racism...especially in a meaningless friendly. It was a lurid claim with no substance. I know of plenty of people who went to that match and 99.9% certain there was no racist chanting and the atmosphere between the two sets of fans was good.

Yeah of course you know them well, you live in Glasgow! I'm sure Neymar doesn't even know what Tartan Army means.

Claim with no substance? A banana WAS thrown on the pitch, that's a fact. Neymar NEVER directly accused Scottish people, he just said there was racism - and that's OBVIOUS, unless you think throwing bananas at black people is alright. In that case, he really is paranoic. Haha... ffs.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #278: Mar 31, 2011 10:37:36 pm
      Yeah of course you know them well, you live in Glasgow! I'm sure Neymar doesn't even know what Tartan Army means.

Claim with no substance? A banana WAS thrown on the pitch, that's a fact. Neymar NEVER directly accused Scottish people, he just said there was racism - and that's OBVIOUS, unless you think throwing bananas at black people is alright. In that case, he really is paranoic. Haha... ffs.

Yes the banana on the pitch thrown by some German halfwit was NOT GOOD and should be clamped down on and I hope the idiot in question has been punished harshly but to claim the Scotland fans were racially abusing him was really unfair on the Scottish fans.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #279: Mar 31, 2011 10:42:50 pm
      Yes the banana on the pitch thrown by some German halfwit was NOT GOOD and should be clamped down on and I hope the idiot in question has been punished harshly but to claim the Scotland fans were racially abusing him was really unfair on the Scottish fans.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #280: Apr 01, 2011 10:09:13 am

Would you say the same about John Barnes at Goodison?

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #281: May 29, 2011 07:00:46 pm
      Uruguay vs Germany starting in 2 minutes.
      Suarez is starting.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #282: May 29, 2011 09:48:05 pm
      Saw Schurrle scored for Germany, remember talking about him during the season, fantastic young talent, shame he's already signed for Leverkusen, would like to have him at LFC
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #283: Jun 01, 2011 08:23:13 pm
      Watching Argentina (with what looks like a reserve side) getting rinsed 4-0 by Nigeria on ESPN
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #284: Jun 01, 2011 09:14:59 pm
      :lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #285: Jun 04, 2011 03:53:58 pm
      Fifa probes unusual betting on Nigeria v Argentina game

Fifa says it is investigating unusual betting patterns relating to Nigeria's 4-1 win over Argentina in Abuja on Wednesday.

When the score was 4-0 in the friendly game, a large number of bets were placed on there being a fifth goal.

Only five minutes of injury time were shown, but eight had elapsed when Mauro Boselli scored a contentious penalty given against Joseph Yobo for handball.

Fifa said in a statement: "This match was one we had an active interest in."

Argentina's involvement in the Copa America tournament meant they sent a largely sub-strength side, captained by Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta.

Ike Uche opened the scoring after 10 minutes, with Victor Obinna adding a second from the penalty spot before Uche headed a third before half-time.

Eight minutes after the restart Emmanuel Emenike lobbed a fourth goal, and the fifth goal of the match, refereed by Ibrahim Chaibou of Niger, came with the final kick of the game.

The match took place the same day Fifa president Sepp Blatter was re-elected for a fourth term in office, pledging to improve the image of the game around the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13653658.stm
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #286: Jun 04, 2011 07:40:46 pm
      Brazil-Holland starting in a bit. Don't think we'll win to be honest, players like Sneijder, Van der Vaart and Van Bommel are the backbone of our team, and they're out. But it will be interesting to see some new players play, see how they'll hold up. Strootman is supposed to start in Van Bommel's position. Regarded as a big talent, was still playing in the Dutch 2nd division the first half of this season, and now he's playing against Brazil. Hope players like Wijnaldum and De Jong will get some time too. And Newcastle's Tim Krul is on goal, could be our future first choice for keeper. And Kuyt is starting, ofcourse.
      « Last Edit: Jun 04, 2011 08:05:09 pm by Dexter »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #287: Jun 04, 2011 08:06:10 pm
      Can't stand Brazil. Hope Holland whacks them. 
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #288: Jun 04, 2011 08:09:24 pm
      Lucas starting for Brazil. Kuyt playing on the left wing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #289: Jun 04, 2011 08:20:30 pm
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #290: Jun 04, 2011 08:29:45 pm
      Doesn't look good for us, just waiting for Brazil to score the first at the moment. :P
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #291: Jun 04, 2011 08:30:26 pm
      Hopefully Holland will beat us 5-0 and Mano Menezes will lose his job before the Copa America
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #292: Jun 04, 2011 08:31:13 pm
      Is he that bad Diego? Worse than Dunga?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #293: Jun 04, 2011 08:34:37 pm
      That was a brilliant counter wasn't it..
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #294: Jun 04, 2011 08:39:03 pm
      In the old times you needed a winning history to manage Brazil, while Mano Menezes trophies are two 2nd division titles and a Brazilian Cup and Dunga was even worse, with no experience. I find it ridiculous.  

But it's not like if almost everyone want Mano out like it was with Dunga, it's still early days to be fair, it's more of a personal opinion I have.

Mano Menezes is highly regarded here but I really don't see anything that special about him. Can't see us going anywhere with him.

His selections don't help either, Elano wearing Brazil number 10 is a crime against football, Fred in the national team makes no sense at all, he prefers André Santos (who he managed at Corinthians) than Marcelo, etc...
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #295: Jun 04, 2011 08:46:22 pm
      Yeah, I get what you're saying. We've had similar stuff, but with Van Basten and Rijkaard. Both hadn't accomplished anything as managers yet, but got the position purely on their name as players. They ended up both doing a decent job luckily, but still think it was a wrong thing to do. Doesn't make sense, the national team manager job should be for the best manager around.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #296: Jun 04, 2011 10:02:07 pm
      Have to say, Neymar's diving is quite bad this game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #297: Jun 04, 2011 10:36:17 pm
      Currently watching Spain take the piss 3-0 against USA

Cazorla and Negredo with two boss finishes.

ESPN in England are not showing it live, so only still 2-0 on the coverage I'm watching!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #298: Jun 04, 2011 10:39:11 pm
      Have to say, Neymar's diving is quite bad this game.

Seen one instance where he got Van Der Wiel a yellow. He didn't even touch him.

Quick Reply