Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

International friendlies

Read 140171 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: International friendlies
      Reply #736: Nov 15, 2016 09:43:39 pm
      Why are the city players coming off?

'Cos they are unfit pussys, the Liverpool players are Machines.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #737: Nov 15, 2016 09:44:58 pm
      Vardy MOTM, Hoodle is well pissed..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #738: Nov 15, 2016 09:47:06 pm
      Been Liverpool vs Scotland and Spain.

Pointless friendly and now a player in top form for us is injured. Brilliant.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #739: Nov 15, 2016 10:30:53 pm
      Hoping Hendo doesn't play the full 90.

Just the full 98.  Like Clyne.

Hope Southgate doesn't get the job now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #740: Nov 15, 2016 10:50:55 pm
      Just the full 98.  Like Clyne.

Hope Southgate doesn't get the job now.

Took a knock towards the end too, luckily seemed to be okay.

Maybe England should work less on their celebrations and more on defending. Could tell the Liverpool players straight away because they looked in much better shape.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #741: Mar 23, 2018 02:25:24 pm
      Russia vs Brazil on Freesport (15:55 BST) lads, go watch it, Firmino might be starting!!!
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2018 02:29:26 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #742: Mar 23, 2018 02:38:29 pm
      Russia vs Brazil on Freesport (15:55 BST) lads, go watch it, Firmino might be starting!!!

Thanks for alerting me to a channel I have but never knew existed! Will be good to catch a glimpse of Brazil especially given that they seem reinvigorated by Tite.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #743: Mar 23, 2018 03:43:31 pm
      No Firmino , oh well! At least there is some footie to watch.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #744: Mar 23, 2018 06:47:07 pm
      Hmmm, Argentina vs Italy, England vs Holland or Germany vs Spain ? Decisions, decisions, decisions!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #745: Mar 23, 2018 07:18:30 pm
      Hmmm, Argentina vs Italy, England vs Holland or Germany vs Spain ? Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Germany v Spain surely!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #746: Mar 23, 2018 07:51:12 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #747: Mar 23, 2018 08:37:01 pm

I made the mistake of watching the England match... F**k me, nearly fell asleep.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #748: Mar 27, 2018 07:14:06 pm
      What a c**t playing Ox again and Alli who came on late in the game benched. Seriously, wtf?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #749: Mar 27, 2018 08:32:47 pm
      Keeping an eye on Jorginho this game, the ‘savour’ we need as a 6 to rid us of the Antichrist Henderson.

He’s been F***ing sh*te, not even interested in getting involved. I’m sure he’s much better for his club but he’s having a stinker tonight.

Now watch him have a world class second half now I’ve said this :laugh:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #750: Mar 27, 2018 08:52:07 pm
      Keeping an eye on Jorginho this game, the ‘savour’ we need as a 6 to rid us of the Antichrist Henderson.

He’s been f**king sh*te, not even interested in getting involved. I’m sure he’s much better for his club but he’s having a stinker tonight.

Now watch him have a world class second half now I’ve said this :laugh:

He hasn't been sh*t, his movement and finding space is beyond Hendo but each time he is free, he has been ignored. And notice how composed he is when on the ball? Always looking between and over the lines :)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #751: Mar 27, 2018 09:11:13 pm
      He hasn't been sh*t, his movement and finding space is beyond Hendo but each time he is free, he has been ignored. And notice how composed he is when on the ball? Always looking between and over the lines :)

He’s been useless mate, he’s not in the right position at all! He’s standing next to Vardy not interested.

Lost the ball loads and not seen any of his passing game. Like I’ve presumed for years, if Henderson was Italian or Spanish we wouldn’t be saying anything about him. You’re proving my point, Jorginho is exclusively showing what people criticise Hendo for... and you say he’s playing well

EDIT: I know you’re not in the ‘Hendo out’ brigade but using your comment as an example, sorry if I’m getting any wires crossed
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2018 09:15:41 pm by Magillionare »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #752: Mar 27, 2018 09:41:58 pm
      Took 78 minutes for a flash of class, lovely spread and a nice over the top ball from Jorginho. Not sure on him defensively or physically. He also appears to be a lazy player.

This is from one game, however it's not a good introduction to the player for me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #753: Mar 27, 2018 10:01:31 pm
      Got to be honest - if that England match is anything to go by Dier is far better in that deep lying role than Henderson. It's often been said that there isn't much to choose between them but at international level that isn't the case. Dier is far more disciplined and seems to control that area with greater ease. Far better physical presence and they dominated Italy in midfield until the midfield changes, of which Hendo was one, came on.

Hendo comes on and just gets himself in the places Italy are perfectly happy for him to occupy ie nowheresville. Truth be told that probably happens far too often for Liverpool. Hendo looks like he does more work than many who occupy the deep lying role but he does so much work because he finds himself in the wrong positions so often. Tactically I don't think he's that smart.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #754: Mar 27, 2018 10:02:41 pm
      He’s been useless mate, he’s not in the right position at all! He’s standing next to Vardy not interested.

Lost the ball loads and not seen any of his passing game. Like I’ve presumed for years, if Henderson was Italian or Spanish we wouldn’t be saying anything about him. You’re proving my point, Jorginho is exclusively showing what people criticise Hendo for... and you say he’s playing well

EDIT: I know you’re not in the ‘Hendo out’ brigade but using your comment as an example, sorry if I’m getting any wires crossed

Tbh, my previous post was a bit out of order, I should not have bought Hendo into this!

Took 78 minutes for a flash of class, lovely spread and a nice over the top ball from Jorginho. Not sure on him defensively or physically. He also appears to be a lazy player.

This is from one game, however it's not a good introduction to the player for me.

As for his passing and movement, if you can't see a significant different, then I am shocked. Jorginho is always moving towards the ball and looking positively (between and over the lines) as well as looking to shift it quick. Therefore, he is more of a DLPM, where as Hendo is more safe passing and exceptional at neutralizing counter attacks.

End of the day, both players have different attiubutes to play the #6 role, and it depends on what you think would be more beneficial for our team, a pass master or an athletic strong player?

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #755: Mar 27, 2018 10:06:32 pm
      Tbh, my previous post was a bit out of order, I should not have bought Hendo into this!

As for his passing and movement, if you can't see a significant different, then I am shocked. Jorginho is always moving towards the ball and looking positively (between and over the lines) as well as looking to shift it quick. Therefore, he is more of a DLPM, where as Hendo is more safe passing and exceptional at neutralizing counter attacks.

End of the day, both players have different attiubutes to play the #6 role, and it depends on what you (well, not really us, but you get what I mean) think would be more beneficial for our team, a pass master or an athletic strong player?

I seen 2 or 3 examples of his 'forward thinking' passing, the majority of his passes were sideways or backwards however when he did spray the ball there was clear and obvious quality, especially that ball over the top, it was quality.

Don't think he fits our system however that's the first 90 minutes I've seen him play so I could be way off on his workrate and willingness to get involved.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #756: Mar 27, 2018 10:15:04 pm
      I seen 2 or 3 examples of his 'forward thinking' passing, the majority of his passes were sideways or backwards however when he did spray the ball there was clear and obvious quality, especially that ball over the top, it was quality.

Damn, I don't recall the majority of his passes being side or back passes, and I thought I saw a lot of forward thinking passes when he recieved the ball!

Don't think he fits our system however that's the first 90 minutes I've seen him play so I could be way off on his workrate and willingness to get involved.

I think he was always involved, moving towards the ball, into space to receive the ball but often ignored, especially in the first half. As for work rate, he won't do a shift like Hendo, it'll never happen, but I find his reading of the game very good and positionally aware.

Anyway, the more people watch Jorginho the better, I'd love to see more opinions about him!!!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #757: Mar 27, 2018 10:26:01 pm
      Damn, I don't recall the majority of his passes being side or back passes, and I thought I saw a lot of forward thinking passes when he recieved the ball!

I think he was always involved, moving towards the ball, into space to receive the ball but often ignored, especially in the first half. As for work rate, he won't do a shift like Hendo, it'll never happen, but I find his reading of the game very good and positionally aware.

Anyway, the more people watch Jorginho the better, I'd love to see more opinions about him!!!

Yea especially in the first half, I'd have to mull over the passing charts once it's released tomorrow to check, but I think it was fairly safe. I remember thinking 'Henderson would be being crucified for this showing'.

I seen bits and pieces where I went 'oh ok that's what this guy is about' but it was technically a friendly game, I'm sure he's a different animal in a 'real' game.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #758: Mar 27, 2018 11:14:54 pm
      As great as Messi is no way even he could get this rabble to win the world cup

Quick Reply