Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

any HTML/CSS wizards out there?

Read 1523 times
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      any HTML/CSS wizards out there?
      May 24, 2010 10:03:40 pm
      If so, howdy y'all! I'm currently seeking to expand my horizons by becoming an expert in HTML/CSS, especially with HTML 5 coming out. Are there any experts paroosing around these here parts who can give me some guidance? I have a beautiful job that will pay for me to further my education in this field, but I'd also like to know if there are some helpful sites out there to work with as well.

A PM would be fantastic if anyone would like to chat, so as to spare the rest from the boredom, and also because I'd much rather up my post count talking about Fifa.

Thanks and cheers  to anyone who can help! :ernaehrung004:

-K
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: any HTML/CSS wizards out there?
      Reply #1: May 24, 2010 11:05:21 pm
      If so, howdy y'all! I'm currently seeking to expand my horizons by becoming an expert in HTML/CSS, especially with HTML 5 coming out. Are there any experts paroosing around these here parts who can give me some guidance? I have a beautiful job that will pay for me to further my education in this field, but I'd also like to know if there are some helpful sites out there to work with as well.

A PM would be fantastic if anyone would like to chat, so as to spare the rest from the boredom, and also because I'd much rather up my post count talking about Fifa.

Thanks and cheers  to anyone who can help! :ernaehrung004:

-K

Actually, just to add to this, I would love to know anything that could get me started with HTML editing, etc. No boredom from me Kev. ;)

Always handy to have isn't it? :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #2: May 26, 2010 08:35:39 pm
      HTML 5 is already being used on almost all browsers.  Certain areas of this site are starting to use them.

I run my own business now as a front-end developer (oo er).

Probably the best advice I could give you is to make sure you have the developer tools activated on your browser and examine features on other sites.  I spend a fair few hours a week keeping up to date with features such as this.

To be honest it was so long ago that I learned how to code HTML. I think I had a book and had to hand type it with Notepad.

Nowadays there is plenty of software out there that makes things so much easier.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: May 27, 2010 05:00:35 pm
      ^

That's what my younger brother did too. I think if you get one of those books 'HTML for Dummies' I think it's called, it's really helpful.

Quick Reply