Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

State Of Origin - Rugby League

Read 4901 times
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      State Of Origin - Rugby League
      May 25, 2010 11:52:01 pm
      Here we go again , it's State Of Origin time tonight !!! In my opinion this is the pinacle of Rugby League , Queensland v's New South Wales , State v's State , Mate v's Mate it is billed as . Well i can tell you for a fact that any notion of mateship is left in the changerooms .
      The best players Australia has to offer bash the F***ing sh*t outta each other for 80 minutes , you'll see big hits , big runs  and amazing tries . Usually you'll see a bit of biffo too .
      Queensland have the wood on my team (New South Wales) having won the last 4 series . This years first game is played in Sydney and if us Blues don't win it we are fu**ed .

Cmon you mighty blues !!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: State Of Origin - Rugby League
      Reply #1: May 25, 2010 11:56:07 pm
      F***ing come on you Blues!!! Sick of losing to those cane toad cu*ts!

If we don't win this year, Bellamy has to go. But we can do it!

Gutted not to get tickets to this as i only sit with the blues army and was not in quick enough to get some.

Absolutely pouring down in Sydney so i'll go for a 14-6 win for NSW.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      Reply #2: May 26, 2010 12:33:57 am
      I'm a Blue born and bred , but i've been livin in Qld for the last 4 years . I can't take anymore sh*t off these cane toad cu*ts .

Go you mighty blues !!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3: May 26, 2010 01:20:42 am
      Hard luck mate. That must bloody suck! Bad enough from those glory hunting NSWelshmen who go for QLD who give me stick so can't imagine it from actual QLDers.

My mission is to get to QLD next year and wear my Blues jersey before and after the game in a boozer.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      Reply #4: May 26, 2010 01:37:39 am
      Hard luck mate. That must bloody suck! Bad enough from those glory hunting NSWelshmen who go for QLD who give me stick so can't imagine it from actual QLDers.

My mission is to get to QLD next year and wear my Blues jersey before and after the game in a boozer.

F**k yeah mate , i'll join ya ;)
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #5: May 26, 2010 03:44:09 am
      On ya Blues! Can't wait for it myself, as they are always top notch in excitement. Hope we see some good brawls. Also, the rain'll add to the atmosphere.

Ozgooner, get back down to NSW. You being in QLD seems to be their good luck charm.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: May 26, 2010 03:47:31 am
      "Cane toad cu*ts" That is F***ing hilarious. :lmao:

Been in Perth all my life so I don't really have a preference so in times like these I usually just support the underdogs.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      Reply #7: May 26, 2010 03:50:30 am
      "Cane toad cu*ts" That is f**king hilarious. :lmao:

Been in Perth all my life so I don't really have a preference so in times like these I usually just support the underdogs.

Even though Queensland have won the last four series , New south Wales go in as favourites ???  I suppose Qld has lost their hooker Cameron Smith and NSW are playin nat home but still i don't see how the blues can be favourites
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: May 26, 2010 03:53:01 am
      I support West Tigers in the NRL, so although im from South Oz i just follow the blues due to club allegiance :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9: May 26, 2010 02:36:09 pm
      Well how F***ing sh*t were they?

1 - Gidley is not an Origin fullback.

2 - Cooper and Morris touched it how many times?

3 - Idris might as well of started like everyone said.

4 - Kimmorley and Lyon. Seriously...

5 - Thank F**k for our forwards otherwise we would of got the arse-beating we deserved.

Drop Kimmorley, drop Cooper, move Gidley to 5/8 and play this:

Hayne
      Morris
      Morris
      Lyon
      Tahu
      Gidley
      Pearce
      Weyman
      Ennis
      Perry
      Watmough
      Waterhouse
      Lewis

Carney
      Gallen
      White
      Creagh
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #10: May 26, 2010 02:59:51 pm
      QLD MAn of the Match - Brett Kimmorley (again)

as a QLD'er, am more than happy for him to be continually picked for NSW...
      and as for wearing your BLUE jersey in a QLD pub, that doesnt seem to be a problem anymore.
      I used to work in the Paddington Hotel, in Caxton st while going to uni, and there was a time were wearing a blue jersey in public was taking your life into your own hands, but those days have long gone.
      I suppose its because of all the Mexicans (people from south of the border) moving up to QLD for the better weather, beaches, beer, women...etc (the list would be endless...)

(just stirring guys...but I suppose thats the benifit of supporting the winning team...this time anyhoo)

Dd
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: May 26, 2010 07:33:29 pm
      w**ker.

:D

Get ready to celebrate 5 in a row.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      Reply #12: May 26, 2010 11:58:46 pm
      Why o fucken why do we continue to pick players out of position ??? Hayne is wasted on the wing for a start , he was caught out of position by coming in off his wing which led to 2 QLD tries .
      The score says that there was only 4 points in it , but the reality is that QLD are streets ahead of us . I cant see us winnin up here in QLD for game 2 . Another series loss for the Blues and that'll be 5 in a row to QLD .
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #13: May 27, 2010 10:39:55 am
      I watched the highlights yeterday but can any of you tell me what the game represents - Im assuming its wherever the players are born or is it something else.

Bit like a North vs South in footy if we were to have one in the UK.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14: May 27, 2010 12:32:44 pm
      F***ing Gidley.

I swear to God I fail to understand what selectors continously see in him.

He can't kick, cant't pass and doesn't have the speed of some of the better backs in the game.

We are F***ing sh*te and its becoming an embarrassment, wholesome changes need to be made starting from the selectors.

There are only two coaches able to get us out if this rut as much as I hate that fat headed pr**k Gus Gould is one and the other Wayne Bennett.

I agree Cooper was a no show makes you wonder what Jennings could have done in that position, halves were a disgrace and the hooker had nothing to offer in attack because he was flat out defending made 48 tackles or something like that.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: May 27, 2010 12:52:04 pm
      Jenno would be fantastic, but i want him for us so NSW can F**k off ;)

Gidley in at 5/8 really does wonders for Newcastle and he's much better than Jamie Lyon. No at fullback, though. Just no.

We need a new captain, also. Hindmarsh would be great but for some reason they don't like him. IF it's an age thing, then why the F**k is Kimmorley there? And Hindmarsh shits on Creagh.
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #16: May 27, 2010 04:15:06 pm
      Im assuming its wherever the players are born or is it something else.

It is the state (New South Wales or Queensland) in which they played their first senior game...

back pre 1980, it was where you happened to be playing at the time, so the richer NSW clubs having bought most of the better players from Qld meant that it used to be a very lopsided contest.
      1980 was the first year that saw " clubmate against clubmate" and there was no holding back...

it is a rivalry on par with Liverpool and the Bitters...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League_State_of_Origin
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 08, 2010 10:59:57 pm
      Right then game 2 tonight , NSW needs a win up here in Queensland or it's 5 straight series wins to the fucken cane toads . Am i confident of a Blues win ? i don't know anymore , i suppose anything can happen in an origin game .

Cmon you mighty Blues , lets level up the series and show the Queenslanders just how tough we can be !!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #18: Jun 09, 2010 03:51:11 am
      Can i ask, why the F**k was Lewis suspended and Thurston, Slater and Hayne get off? Oh wait, just read the names i mentioned and i have my answer.

Thurston can swear a dozen times and berate a referee after several head figures in the NRL + Robert Finch have said it will not be tolerated but he isn't suspended.

Hayne can headbutt someone and then get into a swinging match and get away with it.

Slater can elbow someone and charge in with a forearm and get away with it when last season i can't remember who it was got 2 weeks for a leading forearm.

And Lewis, with no record in the judiciary in 9 years of first grade footy gets a suspension for two men in a tackle above the horizontal? And you see that tackle every week.

Joke!

If Lewis started from lock then he'd be far more important to the side than any other player in blue.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      Reply #19: Jun 09, 2010 03:57:12 am
      ^^^^^^^

Double standards personified crouchinho or f**king bullshit in laymans terms . I hate Thurston , he is a mouthy little pr**k and have you noticed how many forward passes he throws (especially in club games) and he never gets pulled up for it  :mad: :mad: :mad:

As for Slater , here's a bloke who thinks it's ok to sledge someone who has just got over some mental issues and leads with his feet/knees at an opponent divin over for a try . I hate him too .

Both of em are goin on the "who would yopu like to punch in the throat thread  :lmao:

ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 09, 2010 04:03:59 am
      Hayne should have never been let off either , but i guess if you are a glamour player , you get tried under a different set of rules
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Jun 09, 2010 04:05:18 am
      F***ing ridiculous. I'm grateful Lewis will be able to play for us against Brisbane the Friday after Origin all fresh but he deserves some consistency.

Thurston and Slater are as shallow as you can get. Slater's a down right c**t and Thurston is now above the game.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 697 posts |
      Reply #22: Jun 17, 2010 03:16:42 am
      F***ing disgraceful effort by the Blues ... that is all , i'm too F***ing angry and upset to comment further

Quick Reply