Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Moores regrets selling club to Hicks and Gillett

Read 13463 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Re: Moores regrets selling club to Hicks and Gillett
      Reply #23: May 26, 2010 11:09:13 am
      We had looked into George Gillett’s affairs in detail, and he came up to scratch. To a great extent, we took Tom Hicks on trust, on George’s say-so.        Quote David Moores.  Says it all doesn't it , everything the fat b***ard gets involved in goes tits up , he shouldn't have got within a million miles of our club MASSIVE mistake moores & parry hang your heads in shame for not doing your homework .

Might also explain why Gillett has fallen out with Hicks.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: May 26, 2010 11:09:24 am
      I was reading this yesterday and this kind of sums up the situation regarding messrs Hicks & Gilletts take over of the club.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2010/05/thegame-webchat-with-tony-evans.html

Comment From ChrisChris:
      Do you really think Parry and Moores saw any of this coming when they sold the club?

Tony Evans:
      Chris, if they had, they'd have run a mile. Don't underestimate how bad they feel. Myself too. The newspapers should have been running long pieces about how dangerous these owners could be. There was enough evidence with Corinthians and American sport. But we didn't. All asleep at the wheel

Yep seems every one was all asleep at the wheel.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #25: May 26, 2010 11:11:23 am
      i) This letter should have been written once they put the cost of purchase on the club.  While it is still good to have it in writing that he wants them out, why did he wait until AFTER they've made the decision to sell. Too late, Moores!

ii) The letter lacked humility. If a decision I had made had had such a detrimental effect on the club I love my apology would be as grovelling as you could get.

The reason they sold to this pair of crooks is quite simple-Parry wanted to keep his job. DIC would have sent him on his way. So don't try and fob us off with this bull about checking up on them when it is blatantly obvious that you didn't.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #26: May 26, 2010 11:23:31 am
      I have respect for Moores for coming out and saying this. Afterall, you don't see Rick "sh*t face" Parry echoing the same thoughts publicly. What needs to be remembered, everyone makes mistakes, although this was one major F**k-up. However, every Liverpool fan, as Brian has already said, really felt this was a great bit of business for the club. What good this will do i don't know. If Moores really cared about the club and the fans, he wouldn't just send it to the Times, he would send it to both Hicks & Gillett aswell. Hopefully this will get sorted sooner rather than later.

I wasn't going to come on the forum today but i was watching SSN's coverage of this and they were reading out emails from people who claimed to be "Liverpool fans". All the emails they read out were saying how they wanted the Yanks to leave asap (which is fair enough) but SSN only seemed to read the emails out that included something about wanting Rafa out. They did say there was support for Rafa on the emails but they didn't bother reading them out. That well fu**ed me off that. >:(
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #27: May 26, 2010 01:02:05 pm
      Hicks' baseball team went bankrupt.

I fear for our future, really.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #28: May 26, 2010 01:13:13 pm
      Wrting a 3,000 words letter or "in hindsight" is not helping things, redeem yourself and do something about it. RHB they're next to a brainless wonder, how can they keep lending these 2 hoodlums and allow the debt to grow to an extend that the two may go bust anytime soon. It's like 2 rodeo riders riding on a donkey now. What sort of bank are you, huh, RHB? RHB go look for a serious buyer, pull the plugs off the 2 jokers and get a buyer in soon. RHB is held fully responsible for the current state of matters simply because they allow situation to drag. That Mr. Bromption, Broomton or whatever, what has he done? 3-months or so already passed and we haven't heard anything about potential buyers. Most probably asked by someone to prolong his champagene session. That guy hired by the 2 clowns? We can expect to wait for a long long while before we can get a buyer.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #29: May 26, 2010 01:15:19 pm
      I see the following article was buried in the takeover/invetment thread and may not have been noticed by some but it certainly sheds light on Moores letter and maybe why he has come forward now.

Moores may be a greedy, incompetent who sold us down the river for a few quid more but this letter is definitely intended to put pressure on H & G to sell. I suspect that someone from RBS gave Moores the nod and this article explains why.

RBS presumably do not believe that H & G are making any serious attempt to sell and there are no genuine prospective buyers at this point.

Time is running out for Broughton and his promise of a sale in a few months.

This is looking extremely worrying because RBS will force a sale if they have to and the only way they can force a realistic price is by putting the Kop Group into administration which they can do.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article7136659.ece

Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr are holding out for an offer of at least ÂŁ600 million for Liverpool, but have yet to find a serious buyer more than a month after putting the club on the market.

The Times has learnt that while that is the price tag set by the American owners, Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), the club’s lender, values Liverpool at closer to £400 million and may put pressure on the pair to lower their demands to secure a sale.

RBS declined to comment, but sources close to the bank said that frustration with the unpopular Americans is growing.

Liverpool’s £290 million loan from RBS and Wachovia, the American bank, formally expires in July, which ordinarily would have precipitated a debt crisis at the club. But Hicks and Gillett gained an informal agreement with lenders last month to get an extension on the loan in return for a promise that they would sell up.

The banks granted Liverpool a non-binding assurance that cash will continue to be available next season. The promise was essential because Martin Broughton, the club’s recently appointed chairman, had to appear before the Premier League to give a commitment that they would be able to fulfil their fixtures.

Accounts published by the club a fortnight ago disclosed the extent of Liverpool’s financial malaise. As of July 31 last year, the club’s total debts were £472.5 million — Kop Holdings, the company that owns Liverpool, is responsible for £351 million — and they are paying £40.1 million interest on their bank loans.

KPMG, the club’s auditor, expressed a “material uncertainty” about Liverpool’s ability to continue as a going concern, the second year running it has made that assessment of the club’s finances.

RBS is expected to bankroll Liverpool long enough for the Americans to find a buyer. But while it is not in RBS’s commercial interest to make Hicks and Gillett forced sellers of the club, the bank’s patience is not infinite and it is likely to start to apply pressure on the Americans to cut the price if no credible bidder has appeared by the start of next season.

Broughton, who is facing down the unions over strike action in his role as chairman of British Airways, has said that he will stay on at Liverpool only until the club are sold. He has already told The Times that he expected a sale to go through “within a matter of months”.

The market valuation of Liverpool is about ÂŁ350 million, lower even than what RBS believes the club are worth.

Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #30: May 26, 2010 01:31:46 pm
      F####ing boo hoo
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #31: May 26, 2010 01:38:23 pm
      Unless moores is actuallty retarded he should have realised that selling to the ÂŁ400 billion plus arabs was a better alternative than selling to the combined ÂŁ1 billion wealth of H&G - It's far more likely that he sold out of his own self interest in a better figure for himself from the americans - which is a lot worse than being a retard.
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #32: May 26, 2010 01:42:19 pm
      Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't David? so is doing your f**king home work and a little research on the people who are going to Buy your beloved club.

that is letting him off the hook a bit - truth probably is he is a lying, unprincipled n*b who cared more about himself than the club.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #33: May 26, 2010 02:13:21 pm
      I just wonder once the club is sold to new owners, will ther truth start coming out over what has happened over the last few years and why did RBS support them for so long.  It will be interesting to see what comes out.  Also I think now that Moores has come out against the owners, that SOS and other fan bases should use him to help get rid off the owners, he has the money and he may just feel that helping the fans out would put right a wrong. 

There are some things that Moores said that the yanks promised and they did not follow through with, i just wonder if they could be taken to court over this and would it be in the contract they signed when they bought the club?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: May 26, 2010 02:19:48 pm
      Web chat with Tony Barrett and Tony Evans from The Times now

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2010/05/the-game-webchat-with-oliver-kay.html
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: May 26, 2010 02:59:59 pm
      Sifting through the sh*te and there is some fairly decent questions and answers on there. ^^^^
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: May 26, 2010 03:31:45 pm
      An Open Letter To David Moores

http://tomkinstimes.com/2010/05/an-open-letter-to-david-moores/

OPEN LETTER TO DAVID MOORES by Kev Hoswon

Dear David,

In your letter published in The Times this morning you attempt to explain the process that led to the sale of Liverpool FC to Messrs Hicks and Gillett. This was welcome if not overdue. I would, however like to take issue with some of the statements made in that letter.

You precis your comments on the search for a new custodian with the words ” I don’t really care whether the supporters like me or approve of me – but it’s important that they believe me” but you then go on to suggest that pressure to sell from a “loud minority” of fans played on your mind and influenced your behaviour when scrutinising the Hicks / Gillett bid.  For a man in your position to attempt to explain the lack of proper interrogation of new owners because of minority fan pressure for a quick sale is simply shameful.  Not content with passing the buck for the decision onto the fans you also suggest that minority shareholders, including Granada and Steve Morgan, were similarly taken in by the Americans.  The problem of course David is that those minority shareholders, like us fans, believed that you and Rick Parry had done all the due diligence, that you had checked these guys out.  I mean you must have done surely, after all Rick Parry said:

“This is great for Liverpool, our supporters and the shareholders – it is the beginning of a new era for the Club. The partnership created by George and Tom is very special. They are bringing to the table tremendous and relevant experience, a passion for sport, real resources and a strong commitment to the traditions of Liverpool. Their approach represents exactly the sort of genuine partnership that Liverpool has been seeking over recent times. We know that George and Tom want a long-term relationship with Liverpool and that they also understand the importance of investing in our success both on and off the field. They have made clear their intention to move as quickly as practicable on the financing and construction of our proposed new stadium at Stanley Park and also to support investment in the playing squad. This has been an important time for the Club. We now have the right partners for the future. I am absolutely certain we have now ended up in the right place, with owners who will help the Club succeed and prosper.”

Do you not think that glowing testimonial might have been one of the reasons that the fans were brought onside and the shareholders voted unanimously to accept David?  We were taken in because David Moores and Rick Parry told us that after a long search they had found the right people for the club.  We trusted you.  We trusted that you had done all the right checks and asked all the right questions.  We trusted you because you were in a position of trust.  You let us all down.

Despite earlier promises that you would dig deep into every file and ask all the tough questions, when it came to Hicks you let it swing on the word of his co-investor and a bank report that said they were “good for the money”.  It seems that far from asking the tough questions you never even asked the obvious ones. Questions like “How do the supporters of his other sports franchises view him and his contribution to their club?” and “What is his record of burdening his other sporting acquisitions with the purchase debt?”

Unfortunately David, for someone who starts out by saying “I’m writing to you not out of any mission to clear my name – if I felt I had anything to apologise for I would have done so, without hesitation, a long, long time ago” the rest of the letter reeks of a man attempting to justify his decision and to pass the blame onto anyone else possible.  That is not acceptable.  That is not what is needed at this juncture.

I think most Liverpool fans accept that these mistakes were “honest mistakes”.  We are not alleging malice, or even greed. As you say “It is a sign of strength, not weakness, to concede for the greater good”.  So accept that those honest mistakes were yours and apologise for them. People can forgive an honest mistake as long as their is contrition and a desire to make it good.  What is done is done, there is a far more important battle to be fought, a battle that should not be sidetracked by recriminations over past events.

You speak movingly in your letter about the principles that unite us a Liverpudlians. You now have the perfect opportunity to back up these fine words with support, public and financial for SoS and ShareLiverpool.  Let your actions now speak for you. Anything less and we will be forced to conclude that your protestations to the current owners is nothing but bluster.

Throw your support behind the campaign to get the Americans out.  Help to underwrite a fans buyout.  If you want to rescue your family name, which despite your protestations to the contrary, it is obvious you do, then that is the only way that you will do it.

Kev Howson

To join Spirit of Shankly, click here.

This follow’s Kev’s post on Red and White Kop (as Veinticinco de Mayo), analysing Moores’ open letter.

Dear Tony,

Thanks for getting in touch again. I’m writing to you not out of any mission to clear my name – if I felt I had anything to apologise for I would have done so, without hesitation, a long, long time ago. I’m sending this to you, in good faith, because my family, particularly the younger members, are continually being wounded by the combination of hearsay, mistruth and malicious gossip regarding my decision to sell the club, and the process that led the sale.

* Contradicts himself in that opening paragraph, starts by claiming he is not attempting to clear his name and then concludes, a mere sentence later, that he wants to address the “hearsay, mistruth and malicious gossip” that is wounding his family.  In otherwords this is an attempt at self-justification and above all an attempt to clear his name.  He’s really not that bright is he?  We’ll come back to that and the issue of the apology later.

I’m writing because it’s 5 years this week since the miracle of Istanbul – my greatest moment as a fan and as Chairman of Liverpool Football Club – but which now feels light years away from happening again. But above all I’m writing to you because I care deeply about the club, the team and the fans. I hope against hope that Messrs Gillett and Hicks will see this letter, or some portion of it, and do the right thing. In holding on and holding out, they risk damaging a sporting institution of global renown and if they have any conscience or nobility they will stand aside and allow new owners to take over the club for its future benefit and that of its lifeblood – the club’s fans.

One of the principles that unites us as Liverpudlians, gives us pride and informs our sense of identity is the philosophy of doing things The Liverpool Way. On the pitch this evolved from Shankly’s fearless attacking football into a simple but wonderful game of pass and move, founded on hard work and a team spirit that relied upon everybody fighting for each other. Off the pitch things were not so different. We would put our faith in the manager and support him to the fullest extent we were able. Since the day I accepted the honour of becoming Chairman of Liverpool F.C to the day I stood aside, that has been my guiding principle; back the manager, invest in his vision and ensure that the heartbeat of the club – the methods and ethics that we hold so dear – are preserved and continue in The Liverpool Way.

* I think these are the most important paragraphs for us as things stand.  What is done is done, there is a far more important battle to be fought, a battle that should not be sidetracked by recriminations over past events.  If David Moores is now publicly onside then he needs to be involved.  David Moores here has the perfect opportunity to put his money and his influence where his mouth is.  Back up these fine words with support, public and financial for SoS and ShareLiverpool then David.  Anything less and we will be forced to conclude that the above is nothing but bluster.

When I asked Rick Parry to join the club as Chief Executive, I knew that he too cherished these ideals. While we were both very eager for success and both dearly longed to help guide the club back towards the good times, we equally knew that there was a correct way, a Liverpool way of doing things. And one thing we would never countenance was any notion of borrowing against the club to create a phony wealth for some “jam today” spending splurge. I can say with certainty that our housekeeping was immaculate. I have always acted with the very best interests of the club at heart, and if I’ve made mistakes – which I know I have, and not solely with regard to Gillett and Hicks – then they have been honest mistakes.

* And the same goes for you Rick.  We’re not privy to the precise nature of your own NDA but I guess you must have signed one in return for that handsome payoff in the last accounts.  Time to nail your colours to the mast.  In fact I think it is reasonable to say that most Liverpool fans feel that final bonus is so tainted that the only way you can wash it is by ploughing it back into efforts to remove the Americans from the club.

[History lesson 1994-2003 skipped]

The search for suitable custodians began in earnest. I don’t really care whether the supporters like me or approve of me – but it’s important that they believe me. I would never lie, never – and I have nothing to hide. We looked long and hard for the right person or institution, we followed up every lead. We WANTED that fantasy investor to come forward – the infinitely wealthy, Liverpool-loving individual or family with the wherewithal to transform our dreams into reality. And so sincere was our commitment to finding that person or company, that we invested huge sums and massive amounts of time investigating potential investors, only to conclude that they were not the right people for Liverpool. It would have been easier, I assure you, just to take the money, cross our fingers tight and hope things worked out – but we dug deep into every file and asked all the tough questions, knowing the answers might scupper any deal.

* All good and all as it should be.  Unfortunately all totally undermined by subsequent events.  Did you just finally get tired of asking the tough questions?  It seems that in the case of Hicks at least you didn’t even bother asking the easy ones. Questions like “How do the supporters of his other sports franchises (vomit) view him and his contribution to their club?”

To give just one example, we responded to overtures from Thailand – the figures discussed were so enormous we were obliged to take a closer look. We had just persuaded Rafa to join the club as manager and were eager to back him in the transfer market. No matter how dizzying their wealth though, we would never simply rush into a relationship with an unsuitable partner, and so it transpired with Thailand. After looking closely at the deal we withdraw from the proposition, and did so for all the honourable reasons you’d expect from our club. So it was ironic that Manchester City was subsequently sold to the same entity, without so much as a murmur of disapproval from their fan base. When it suits them, football fans can turn a blind eye to the things they’d rather not have to acknowledge. We did acknowledge it though – we confronted the reality that the Thai offer was unethical, made our decision to withdraw and carried on the search. Rick’s remark about selling the family silver has been used repeatedly against ourselves and the board – but it was said in all seriousness, with all sincerity. Several years down the line, I do sometimes wonder if we took the process too seriously. Do the majority of fans just want owners, whoever they are, who’ll buy all the best players, come what may? Speaking for myself, I could never square that outlook and that legacy with our own unique football club.

Around that time, by the way, I experienced my first real backlash from the fans. It started with a few letters in The Echo and quickly grew into a campaign aimed at forcing me to sell. There’s an irony there somewhere that, in holding on and giving prospective new owners the third degree I was somehow seen as deliberately holding the club back! It was loud minority giving me stick, but this growing ill-feeling was certainly a factor I took into account. Our search for funding took us to the U.S where we spent time with the hugely impressive Robert Kraft.

* Nasty and unwarranted little jibe at the fans there.  And once again he is contradicting himself. In the previous paragraph he says that he does”not care if the fans like me or approve of me”. So why this sudden pre-occupation with what the fans were saying?  I sense a slopey shouldered abrogation of duty coming on.  You admit that the fans were a “loud minority” so why let them influence your decision you F***ing idiot?  For a man in your position to attempt to explain the lack of proper interrogation of new owners because of minority fan pressure for a quick sale is simply shameful.

[Gillett / Canadiens stuff snipped]

[interesting info on why the DIC deal collapsed also snipped]

We moved ahead with Gillett and Hicks with all due speed (even now I can not accept that we were hasty) – and here is an element of the process I accept we could have handled better. We had looked into George Gillett’s affairs in detail, and he came up to scratch. To a great extent, we took Tom Hicks on trust, on George’s say-so. There was still the very real business of obtaining approval of the shareholders, however. I was the 51% majority stakeholder, but I was obliged to -and I wanted to – obtain a mandate from Liverpool’s shareholders great and small. Gillett and Hicks produced a very substantial offer document containing all the key assurances re debt, the stadium, investment in the squad and respect for Liverpool F.C’s unique culture, traditions and legacy. It was impressive stuff – and it did the trick. For the motion to be carried we needed around 90% in favour. Over 1700 shareholders voted and the result was 100% in favour of accepting Gillett and Hicks’s offer.

* Having already passed the blame onto a “loud minority” of fans Moores now seems to want to share the blame with the minority shareholders in the club.  The problem of course David is that those minority shareholders, like us fans, believed that you and Rick Parry had done all the due diligence, that you had checked these guys out.  I mean you must have done surely, after all Rick said:

“This is great for Liverpool, our supporters and the shareholders – it is the beginning of a new era for the Club. The partnership created by George and Tom is very special. They are bringing to the table tremendous and relevant experience, a passion for sport, real resources and a strong commitment to the traditions of Liverpool. Their approach represents exactly the sort of genuine partnership that Liverpool has been seeking over recent times. We know that George and Tom want a long-term relationship with Liverpool and that they also understand the importance of investing in our success both on and off the field. They have made clear their intention to move as quickly as practicable on the financing and construction of our proposed new stadium at Stanley Park and also to support investment in the playing squad. This has been an important time for the Club. We now have the right partners for the future. I am absolutely certain we have now ended up in the right place, with
      owners who will help the Club succeed and prosper.”

* You not think that glowing testimonial might have been one of the reasons that the shareholders voted unanimously to accept David?  And this is where we come back to the apology.  The mistakes may have been “honest mistakes”. Fair enough we are not alleging malice, or even greed.  However if I pranged Rick’s nice new Ferrari, it would be an honest mistake, yet I would still apologise.  And so should you.

So many times I have had people ask me, and write to me, and quiz the people who are close to me:

“Wouldn’t a simple Google search have told you all you needed to know about Tom Hicks?”

I could be flippant and tell you I don’t know what Google is (I have never used a computer in my life).

* That’s not flippant, that’s F***ing scary and explains much of the above.

I could point out that internet searches are as likely to mislead as to inform. But the truth is that we went way beyond Google in our check-ups. We retained Price Waterhouse Coopers to advise us on the fabric of the deal, and they received assurances from Rothschilds, one of the most respected and respectable names in global finance, who vouched for both Tom Hicks and George Gillett. Indeed, Rothschilds – who were representing Gillett and Hicks – telephoned a non-executive director of LFC, Keith Clayton, to assure him that both were good for the money. Could we have done more? Probably – though under those circumstances, in that time-frame, probably not. We did our due diligence on Messrs Gillett and Hicks and if we’re guilty of anything it is that, after four years searching, we may have been too keen, too ready to hear the good news that George and Tom had passed their tests.

The Google question, along with any suggestion that the shareholders and I preferred the Gillett/Hicks bid because it promised to net us more money, is a source of anger to me. Internet culture is inexact and gossip-driven… to suggest anyone at our football club would run a financial health-check via a search engine is just silly. Don’t forget that everyone was delighted with their takeover at the time. Significant shareholders like Granada and Steve Morgan were insistent the board of LFC should accept the G&H offer, and left me in no doubt about my legal duty to accept the offer. George and Tom were carried shoulder high through the city centre on the afternoon of the Barcelona game in March 2007 – it wasn’t just me who was taken in. And as for the extra money I netted from the G&H deal – you really don’t know me if you think that was a factor. Ultimately, the deal we signed up to was laid it in unambiguous terms in the share offer document. That is a matter of fact. But at the end of the day you can carry out any number of checks with infinite degrees of scrutiny and certainty, but I doubt there’s any procedure available that will legislate for a guy you’ve come to trust looking you in the eye, telling you one thing and doing the exact opposite.

* I refer you again to my answer above.  People were taken in.  We were taken in because David Moores and Rick Parry told us that after a long search they had found the right people for the club.  We trusted you.  We trusted that you had done all the right checks and asked all the right questions.  We trusted you because you were in a position of trust.  You let us all down.

As I’ve already said, I feel no duty to justify myself and in writing to you now there is much I’ve withheld out of decency, more than duty. There’s also the very real possibility that, in speaking out, I might derail the process that many believe I can positively effect. But it has been hard for me, sitting mute on the sidelines as the club I love suffers one blow after another. Since resigning from the board I have not set foot inside Anfield – and it hurts. I hugely regret selling the club to George Gillett and Tom Hicks. I believe that, at best, they have bitten off much more than they can chew. Giving them that benefit of the doubt – that they started off with grand ideals that they were never realistically going to achieve – I call upon them now to stand back, accept their limitations as joint owners of Liverpool Football Club, acknowledge their role in the club‘s current demise, and stand aside, with dignity, to allow someone else to take up the challenge.

Don’t punish the club’s supporters any more – God knows they’ve taken enough. Take an offer, be realistic over the price, make it possible. Let the club go. It is a sign of strength, not weakness, to concede for the greater good.

Yours faithfully,

David Moores

* As you say, “It is a sign of strength, not weakness, to concede for the greater good”.  So. That apology?  Apologise, people can forgive an honest mistake as long as their is contrition and a desire to make it good.  Let your actions now speak for you. Throw your support behind the campaign to get the Americans out.  Help to underwrite a fans buyout.  If you want to rescue your family name, which depsite your protestations to the contrary, it is obvious you do, then that is the only way that you will do it.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #37: May 26, 2010 05:41:39 pm
      I have respect for Moores for coming out and saying this. Afterall, you don't see Rick "sh*t face" Parry echoing the same thoughts publicly....
      True but Parry is no doubt actively seeking a new project, possibly even taking over as Chairman of the FA so it would be unwise to publicly state that he's fu**ed up, even if he was to try to shift some blame like Moores. It would be akin to writing on your CV, 'I have been known to steal company property in the past'.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #38: May 26, 2010 07:49:13 pm
      Bulls eye
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #39: May 26, 2010 07:53:44 pm
      How about starting with 88m to go into the coffers David
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #40: May 26, 2010 08:32:38 pm
      At least he has admitted it- he could have just stayed silent.

But yes- it is too late for apologies or bullshit.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #41: May 26, 2010 09:46:59 pm
      Moores love of the club cannot be questioned, my view is that Rick Parry was more to blame as he should have been looking at this in a more professional way whereas being a supporter,  Moores heart ruled his head

Yes, Moores was naive but like he said, the game had changed totally since he became chairman and the old way of doing things had long gone by the time the Abramovic era was underway.
      « Last Edit: May 26, 2010 10:00:13 pm by kelvo »
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #42: May 26, 2010 11:40:01 pm
      Lot of respect for Moores coming out and saying he regrets it etc. but, it's a bit late now, however better late than never.

We were all conned, every single one of us. Can't wait till they are erased from our history.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #43: May 26, 2010 11:59:18 pm
      Sounds to me like things may not be going as well as expected with the forced sale, and Moores is now trying to defelect the wrath of the fans away from himself by acting like a novice who didn't know what was really going on with the Yanks business history, while all along, he was only interested in lining his own pockets. Did someone previously say they 'respected' Moores for his confesion? You tw*t, he has sold us out for his own greed, and expects us to feel sorry for him because he made a little mistake.  So he has never used a computer. And what about the hundreds of lackies arse licking his every need, nobody in his employ ever used a computer either then. F***ing poor excuse that is. He needs well and truly shafting.  Cowardly b***ard knew just what he was doing, and so did Rick Parry. Now he wants sympathy. I'll give you sympathy Mr. Moore, just call me and arrange to meet me on your own, somewhere quiet where we won't be disturbed for a while. F***ing Judas.  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #44: May 27, 2010 12:10:20 am
      David....has your little pot of yank gold ran out....you should have said all this sh*t about a month after you money grabbing tw*t!!!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #45: May 27, 2010 02:14:09 am
      David....has your little pot of yank gold ran out....you should have said all this sh*t about a month after you money grabbing tw*t!!!

Is right.

What a F***ing imbecile.

Quick Reply