Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Moores regrets selling club to Hicks and Gillett

Read 13474 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Moores regrets selling club to Hicks and Gillett
      Reply #46: May 27, 2010 02:51:07 am
      Well it's a bit fecking late now isn't Davey boy?!?!

The damage has been done and the Yanks may have riddled the club with debt but you are the one who sold to them with no hesitation so you are just as much to blame!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #47: May 27, 2010 03:46:33 am
      I got as far as reading this and had to stop...

"The figures discussed were so enormous we were obliged to take a closer look. We had just persuaded Rafa [Benítez] to join the club as manager and were eager to back him in the transfer market. No matter how dizzying their wealth though, we would never simply rush into a relationship with an unsuitable partner, and so it transpired with Thailand."

F**k off David lad, you lying b***ard.

I've always defended him as some sort of Patsy in all this. A stupid spoilt rich kid dupe. And I'm glad he's at last come out and said something. But he should be doing more, joining the union and dillegently working to get them out. And he would, if it was really eating him up, the way he cods on it is. But coming out with sh*te like that just proves one thing to me... the extra few bob was flashed under his nose, he snatched it fast as he could and legged it to the nearest Ferrari dealership.

No doubt the lad is hurt by all this and it's weighing heavy on him. And hopefully now that he's finally opened his grid it will do some good... but F**k off looking for sympathy and trying to wriggle out of any blame David lad.... You fu**ed it. Stand up. Be a man. Take it on the chin and join the struggle to get them out.

He might even redeem himself a little if he did that. But no doubt, now he's made his excuses he'll just disappear again and carry on enjoying his few quid.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #48: May 27, 2010 01:25:08 pm
      All talk, no action David. Prove me wrong and get behind the fans' efforts.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #49: May 27, 2010 01:31:12 pm
      The more i read the letter, i think in many ways, Moores is trying to clear his name. If you look at his opening paragraph, he knows that that will be peoples opening thoughts for his reasoning to send the letter. At the end of the day, he can make all the apologies in the world, but it is too F***ing late. It is now up to him to sit down with H&G and reason with them, convince them to sell to more suitable owners. There is no point sending a letter to the press. They probably don't read the press for a start. He needs to get off his backside and meet with them. So far, not enough has been done.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #50: May 27, 2010 01:33:18 pm
      I could be mistaken but I think what is missing from this 3000 word statement is the words I'm sorry. He trys to justify the sale to Hicks and Gillette saying he couldn't have known.  

He is a business man surely he would have known like all there other clubs they were going to buying Liverpool with a leveraged buy out when he heard this he should have run a  mile. But then how can we take this lad serious when he says he didn't do a background check on Hicks because Gillette who appeared a nice guy vouched for him, are you F***ing serious Mr Moores you mortgaged the whole F***ing future of the club on the word of a slimy business man who he didn't F***ing know.

I think your greed Mr Moores is the reason we are in the mess we are now
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #51: May 27, 2010 01:36:45 pm
      I could be mistaken but I think what is missing from this 3000 word statement is the words I'm sorry. He trys to justify the sale to Hicks and Gillette saying he couldn't have known. 

That exactly sums up the point i was trying to make. As you say, he is a business man, he is trying to clear his name so that it won't affect his business deals in the future.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #52: May 27, 2010 01:53:05 pm
      The lack of contrition by Moores has really wound me up here. Parry is a c***, Hicks is a c***, Gillett is a c***-we all know that; these are after all business men who didn't get where they are today by being nice guys. We know the world is full of ruthless, greedy and psychotic (as in lacking empathy) businessmen who treat people and businesses as toys to make money with. It was Moore's job to ensure we didn't fall into such hands and he failed miserably. He should be on his knees grovelling for an apology for the damage he has caused to our beloved club.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #53: May 28, 2010 05:59:39 am
      when you read the meat of it, it's all self-serving contrived sh*te, and doesn't actually contain an apology.

What an utter c*nt Moores is.  At a time when the club is about to implode, he wants us to feel sorry for him.
      It wasn't him.
      No, no.  Not his fault at all.
      No need for an apology see.
      If there was, he would.  Being such an honourable fella.

c*nt.  Double-c*nt for the fact I started reading it thinking he might finally have done the right thing.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #54: May 28, 2010 09:12:10 am
      He has one point though. I remember in the beginning of the ownership when everybody on here where writing "In DIC we trust/hope" at the end of their posts. Maybe people were a bit too quick on blaming Moores for not taking the DIC offer.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #55: May 28, 2010 10:09:03 am
      We don't know what would have happened if DIC had took over. Dubai has hit troubling financial times but with their worldwide reputation at stake I think they would have kept the club ticking over nicely while avoiding extravagance in their spending.
      What I can say with virtual certainty is that we would not be in a worse position than we are now.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #56: May 29, 2010 12:36:20 pm
      We don't know what would have happened if DIC had took over. Dubai has hit troubling financial times but with their worldwide reputation at stake I think they would have kept the club ticking over nicely while avoiding extravagance in their spending.
      What I can say with virtual certainty is that we would not be in a worse position than we are now.

The moral of this story is that you can't trust any owners because ultimately you have no control over them.

It doesn't matter if they are fat, greedy incompetents a la Moores & Parry.

It doesn't matter if they are incompetent, parasitic, asset strippers al la Hicks & Gillett.

You can't trust DIC for the simple matter that Moores isn't lying about them: they had an agenda to turn a profit on the sale of the club.

Their agenda wasn't premised on the idea of making the club great it was centred on making themselves money.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #57: May 30, 2010 09:27:19 pm
      He knew who he was selling to, all Moores thought about was his big fat wallet. :f_steam:
      cozza_man_yeah
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • Ní bheidh tú ag siúl in aonar.
      Reply #58: Jul 18, 2010 11:02:27 pm
      Bit late for hindsight Moores.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #59: Jul 24, 2010 11:09:16 pm
      If Moores cared he could go public your silence Moores is deafening.. but your bank balance is full = tw*t

Quick Reply