Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Xabi Alonso....Very Excited!

Read 1079 times
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Xabi Alonso....Very Excited!
      Jun 15, 2007 01:17:17 pm
      I have read this on the LFC Official Site today:

Xabi Alonso has revealed he snubbed interest from other clubs because he believes the future is "incredibly exciting" at Liverpool. 
      The Spaniard signed a new five year deal earlier this month to keep him at Anfield until 2012.

He said: "There was interest from big clubs but I want to be part of what lies ahead as I know it's going to be incredibly exciting.

"I signed for another five years and there's no reason why we cannot be successful." 

I wonder what excites him most? The prosepct of signing Benayoun from West Ham of the prospect of another mediocre season!

Seriously,

Why would he have signed unless he knew of some MAJOR transfer targets and the potential to play at the (to be) finest football stadium in the land?

I am sure that come the end of the La Liga season we will see some dramatic events within Anfield,that is hoping Parry can pull his finger out!!!

:oranje:
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Re: Xabi Alonso....Very Excited!
      Reply #1: Jun 15, 2007 02:32:24 pm
      Lets hope he knows something we don't !
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #2: Jun 15, 2007 03:34:15 pm
      By the sounds of it, he's heard something we haven't, which is quite exciting. Anyway, when Alonso plays well, he is a real midfield maestro, so it's all good that he signed a new contract.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #3: Jun 15, 2007 09:44:08 pm
      im really glad he's decided to stay. he has been a very good player for us so far and i hope it coninues. also he has scored some brilliant goals for us.

Quick Reply