Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Companies owned by Hicks & Gillett - Boycott

Read 5339 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Companies owned by Hicks & Gillett - Boycott
      May 08, 2010 10:09:28 pm
      The following is a list of companies,corporations and holdings owned or partially owned by Hicks, Gillette and other partners.

Gillette:

* Petaluma Poultry - natural and organic  chicken  products
          * Snowball Foods - food processor of turkey and chicken products
          * Kings Delight - food processor of turkey and chicken products
          * B3R Country Meats - processes fresh and frozen natural beef
          * Coleman Natural Products - processes fresh and frozen natural pork products and lamb
          * Gerhard’s Napa Valley Sausage - a producer of gourmet sausage products made primarily from poultry

Gillett's other current business interests include:

* Northland Services Inc. - a marine transportation company
          * Great Northern Bark and Sierra Organics - landscaping and gardening products company
          * Summit Automotive Partners, an auto dealership group
          * Booth Creek Ski Holdings Inc

He also owns the Montreal Canadiens and has NASCAR Interests.

Tom Hicks:

Hicks is really tough.  He is shielded by so many different holding companies and firms and venture firms and marketing groups I cant seem to pin down any solid company he actually owns.

The following are his "Groups and Holdings":

# Hicks Holdings
      # Hicks Sports Group
      # Hicks Sports Marketing
      # Hicks Equity Partners
      # Hicks Real Estate Partners
      # Hicks Trans American Partners

With them come numerous smaller corporations all under various names so getting any real solid company name is almost Impossible.  Next to the Texas Rangers which I believe he still has a stake in and Liverpool I cant find a company.  So If anyone knows any different then let me know.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2010 10:15:21 pm by Reslivo »
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Re: Companies owned by Hicks & Gillett - Boycott
      Reply #1: May 08, 2010 11:30:25 pm
      Top work mate, done well. Really appreciate the effort you put in there. Im hand carted (drunk) at the minute. So will give this another gander in the morning. I know of colemans so they will be given a wide berth. Gutted, cos the make good mustard. But, if that b***ard has anything to do with it, i won't touch it again.  

Any idea, what the name of that supporters group in NY was? They might come in handy for finding this stuff out. Sounds like they have a bit of influence.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2: May 08, 2010 11:41:25 pm
      Just one thing - Gillette sold the Canadiens last year, right? That was my understanding anyways.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #3: May 09, 2010 12:01:23 am
      Hobbithead if you mean COLMAN'S English mustard then that's a different company ;) so you can keep enjoying their mustard! I think... haha

On another note Gillette likes a bit of meat doesn't he! What a cock muncher!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #4: May 09, 2010 12:24:06 am
      It would be good if something was worked out to annoy the owners, I think though it will not work as I imagine, all their associates either wouldn't give a dam or just don't care, the only way this would work would be to concentrate E-Mails on one firms chairman for a week before starting up another one a week later, as they are selling up and going and according to Broughton he will sell us over the next few months not years has Hicks wants to believe, I think that this should stay on ice so to speak unless he reneges and do not sell the club and by then things will have moved on.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #5: May 09, 2010 12:37:52 am
      Hobbithead if you mean COLMAN'S English mustard then that's a different company ;) so you can keep enjoying their mustard! I think... haha

On another note Gillette likes a bit of meat doesn't he! What a cock muncher!

He is what you would call a sausage jockey. :)
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #6: May 09, 2010 02:54:13 am
      Just one thing - Gillette sold the Canadiens last year, right? That was my understanding anyways.
      Yeah...Your right. My mistake...

He actually sold his Interest in December 2009 and bought the minor league soccer team in Montreal. The Montreal Impact. It had him listed as an owner of a Montreal team and I thought it was the Canadiens' still but he did sell his share. Which is probably why they are good again and in the playoffs.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #7: May 09, 2010 03:08:31 am
      Top work mate, done well. Really appreciate the effort you put in there. Im hand carted (drunk) at the minute. So will give this another gander in the morning. I know of colemans so they will be given a wide berth. Gutted, cos the make good mustard. But, if that b***ard has anything to do with it, i won't touch it again.  

Any idea, what the name of that supporters group in NY was? They might come in handy for finding this stuff out. Sounds like they have a bit of influence.
      I included their link below to their website.  The website is not that good is a little sparse but they have a forum and as demonstrated with the Steven Cohen boycott they have a big base.

www.lfcny.org
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: May 09, 2010 03:43:06 am
      Yeah...Your right. My mistake...

He actually sold his Interest in December 2009 and bought the minor league soccer team in Montreal. The Montreal Impact. It had him listed as an owner of a Montreal team and I thought it was the Canadiens' still but he did sell his share. Which is probably why they are good again and in the playoffs.

S'all good mate, easy mistake :)

Is that the Montreal team that was just announced to be entering the MLS in 2012?
      ynwa09
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #9: May 09, 2010 02:01:08 pm
      maybe we should all group together and act as investers into there holdings...and do the same they have done to us at liverpool fc...LIE,DRAIN THEM OF FUNDS,AND THEN F***ing LEAVE...;D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #10: May 09, 2010 03:30:43 pm
      I included their link below to their website.  The website is not that good is a little sparse but they have a forum and as demonstrated with the Steven Cohen boycott they have a big base.

www.lfcny.org

Thanks for posting that up. Interesting to know we have allies in the camp. An e-mail assult across the water would really get things noticed in their homeland.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #11: May 09, 2010 09:01:47 pm
      Yeah...It looks like they got an MLS franchise and will play in 2012.

Which is good.  It sucks that Gillette owns them but any additional franchise for the MLS is good. The MLS is still on shaky ground.  Its not extremely popular in all of the markets and certain teams sell out and others dont.  I dont watch MLS. You can really see the difference in level of play between MLS and EPL,Serie A, La Liga etc...

Its hard watching the best players in the world in the EPL and then watch an MLS match. MLS is approximately the same level of talent as maybe League 1 or League 2 in the FA.

I am all up for an Email campaign towards H&G. We need to get his email address and the addresses of any of his Investors,banks companies and then a blitz on all US media outlets.  Its going to be real hard to get anything going in the US for a sports franchise in the UK, especially when it comes to the US press.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12: May 27, 2010 01:28:28 pm
      Been doing a bit of research re our delightful Mr Hicks. 

Seems Hicks Holdings holds all sorts of contracts with the military in the States. 

Namely Defence contract management, geospatial intelligence, military health schemes, intelligence, security, finance and administration, missiles, electronics, engineering corp, education and the Washington defence headquarters.

I guess these contracts were given as part of his support to the Bush administration but losing these contracts could be catastrophic for his empire.  Maybe bombarding the Obama administration with his nefarious dealings might have an effect when these are up for renewal.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #13: May 27, 2010 03:20:04 pm
      Might be worth trying to find some friendly faces who are Texas Rangers fans - the baseball franchise he has just bankrupted. We all know what a bunch of hacked off rednecks can be like.... (no offence meant if you happen to be one of the aforementioned rednecks  ;D)
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #14: May 27, 2010 03:21:27 pm
      i've got hicksy's email address :)
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #15: May 27, 2010 03:25:54 pm
      I've never heard of any of these so I think im doing my bit...

Do share the e-mail address...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: May 27, 2010 03:30:36 pm
      thicks@hicksholdings.com best time I've found to email him and get a reply is on a Sunday afternoon.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17: May 27, 2010 07:06:20 pm
      I included their link below to their website.  The website is not that good is a little sparse but they have a forum and as demonstrated with the Steven Cohen boycott they have a big base.

www.lfcny.org

Slightly off topic but at lfcny.org Standard Chartered have give them a new shirt as a competition prize! Were's ours??  :f_tongueincheek:

On Topic: (sort of)

Given all the defence contracts the bent fuckers got i'm surprised he hasn't suggested we sign Robocop.

Quick Reply