Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Those bloody kazoo things! (vuvuzelas)

Read 15914 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: Those bloody kazoo things!
      Reply #23: May 27, 2010 09:43:52 pm
      They use them in S.America and Africa.  I f***in' HATE THEM.  It makes watching the match almost unbearable. I watched the Copa and it was driving me nuts. I hope the WC finds some way of muting those things when they broadcast or its going to be hell for the entire WC.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: May 27, 2010 09:45:37 pm
      Like I said:

Surely, with the technology nowadays, they have some way of drowning out the noise a bit?

Surely?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #25: May 27, 2010 09:55:05 pm
      Not to the South Africans. You know, the hosts.
      That's fair enough. It's also all you had to say instead of telling us to 'man up' and ranting about racism. I'm on an LFC forum saying how annoying they are and how they might ruin the atmosphere for us, I'm not on a plane over to South Africa to make them do something about it!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #26: May 27, 2010 10:33:09 pm
      That's fair enough. It's also all you had to say instead of telling us to 'man up' and ranting about racism.

I had a point about the racism. If people were making a fuss about how the English fans support their teams there would be the typical English xenophobic reaction.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #27: May 27, 2010 10:43:20 pm
      I had a point about the racism. If people were making a fuss about how the English fans support their teams there would be the typical English xenophobic reaction.
      Not really. As a foreigner I've never heard any of that from the english. And I sure as hell will never hear that during every game of a World Cup when I'm watching at home. It's hardly comparable. Besides, criticising this doesn't say anyone is approving of the other.

I'd like to add, I don't believe these things should be banned or anything, mostly just ventilating my annoyance.
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2010 11:20:50 pm by Dexter »
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #28: May 28, 2010 08:29:37 am
      I hated them at first, but they really do add to the atmosphere.

Bring on the Vuvuzela I say!
      Agreed,well done bud.

I was at the SA vs Columbia friendly last night at soccer city in soweto and it was F***ing amazing,i took a mate with me which hates football and he just wants to go to more games now.Yeah its irritating as hell on the tele but great in the stadium.Viva South Africa

Bring on 2010.We are ready!
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #29: May 28, 2010 11:43:55 am
      Those things should be used to put pressure on the opposition or something (like "booing" something that you don't like), not the whole match.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #30: May 28, 2010 03:19:49 pm
      ....Yeah its irritating as hell on the tele but great in the stadium....
      I think that's the key point. At the grounds it creates a carnival atmosphere and is one of the things that makes World Cups so memorable but for the millions watching elsewhere, I really hope they can 'filter' it somehow so it doesn't drown out every other sound.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31: May 29, 2010 05:32:23 pm
      The Vuvuzela is blown if they score, it's blown if they miss, it's blown if a foul is given, it's blown if a foul is not given, it's blown for a goal kick, it's blown for a corner.......well, you get my drift. It's a monotonous, omnipresent, F***ing, irritating drone.

No change in noise level as excitement rises, no gasps, no sighs, no boos and no cheers. How, in the name of sweet F**k, can the same, one-tone, constant noise add to atmosphere?

I only know, from watching the Confederations Cup on T.V., that they irritate me. I can only guess that if i had to stand at a match, with twenty thousand of the fuckers constantly sounding off, they'd irritate me just as much.

As for the 'cultural' stuff; that F***ing English trumpet band irks the b'jaysus out of me too; oh and the Vuvuzela only came into mass circulation (plastic form) in 2001 - hardly traditional or 'cultural' really.

IRRITATING AS F**k, I TELLS YA!.  ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #32: Jun 01, 2010 09:23:34 am
      ....As for the 'cultural' stuff; that F***ing English trumpet band irks the b'jaysus out of me too;..
      I concur!  >:(
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33: Jun 01, 2010 02:10:17 pm
      Trying to watch the friendly between Australia ans Denmark but these things are driving me to bed and seriously putting me off watching the WC.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #34: Jun 01, 2010 02:19:42 pm
      Trying to watch the friendly between Australia ans Denmark but these things are driving me to bed and seriously putting me off watching the WC.
      Where is the game played? Those things are banned here in the stadiums in Holland for the upcoming 2 friendlies against Ghana and Hungary.
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2010 05:48:39 pm by Dexter »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #35: Jun 01, 2010 05:07:32 pm
      Sure I saw them for sale in Sainsburys.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Those bloody kazoo things! (vuvuzelas)
      Reply #36: Jun 05, 2010 02:32:40 pm
      The USA v England game hasn't even kicked off yet and its already getting to me. Im all for atmosphere, but at least stop and give it a break at times!

EDIT: That would be Australia v USA. They mentioned USA v Enlgand as i was typing and it went through my fingers :D God damn, ithis is why just 2 hours of sleep in a night is not good for me.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #37: Jun 06, 2010 05:46:10 am
      The USA v England game hasn't even kicked off yet and its already getting to me. Im all for atmosphere, but at least stop and give it a break at times!

EDIT: That would be Australia v USA. They mentioned USA v Enlgand as I was typing and it went through my fingers :D God damn, ithis is why just 2 hours of sleep in a night is not good for me.
      Hear you loud and clear. I was trying to get my mind off our horrid situation by watching the game, only to get irritated by the vuvuzelas.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #38: Jun 06, 2010 12:59:06 pm
      Some chavs are having a BBQ a few houses over from me and one of them has a vuvuzela. Just one vuvuzela and after 10 minutes, I was ready to throttle him!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #39: Jun 11, 2010 04:47:56 am
      I thought they could have reached a compromise over the use of vuvuzelas. The tone is just one constant drone - a trumpet sound. It is really annoying - I was pissed to nuts hearing it in last year's Confederations Cup.

I think they could allow the use of vuvuzelas in South African games. However for games that do not involve SA then I think it's best that they ban the vuvuzelas. Either that or only allow the vuvuzelas horn blowing to be done pre-match, half time and post-match.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #40: Jun 11, 2010 11:50:42 am
      Today arises the opportunity to acclimatize your ears. ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #41: Jun 11, 2010 01:01:37 pm
      I think they could allow the use of vuvuzelas in South African games. However for games that do not involve SA then I think it's best that they ban the vuvuzelas.

Trouble is, for all of those fans that have travelled over to attend the matches, getting hold of a vuvuzela and blowing the sh*t out of it for 90 minutes is all part of the experience and one of the things that will set this apart from other world Cups.
      Those that will really suffer are the millions watching on TV or listening on the radio.

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #42: Jun 11, 2010 01:40:24 pm
      I thought they could have reached a compromise over the use of vuvuzelas. The tone is just one constant drone - a trumpet sound. It is really annoying - I was pissed to nuts hearing it in last year's Confederations Cup.

I think they could allow the use of vuvuzelas in South African games. However for games that do not involve SA then I think it's best that they ban the vuvuzelas. Either that or only allow the vuvuzelas horn blowing to be done pre-match, half time and post-match.
      It's part of their football culture. You can't have the World Cup there and then ban these things, even if I do hate them. Let's just hope it doesn't spread out to future World Cups.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #43: Jun 11, 2010 02:23:11 pm
      I'd rather hear fans singing and cheering. Sounds like the match is taking place in a Beehive!! :holyshit:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #44: Jun 11, 2010 02:29:12 pm
      It's part of their football culture. You can't have the World Cup there and then ban these things, even if I do hate them. Let's just hope it doesn't spread out to future World Cups.

Everybody in Brazil keep complaining about it (even though it's come to a point where people are getting their own vuvuzelas just for fun), so I don't think it would be much of a problem in 2014. There are always a few of them around when Brazil plays but not like that in Africa! :D
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #45: Jun 11, 2010 05:42:22 pm
      They never stop!

Quick Reply