Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Hicks Denies Telling Moores He Wouldnt Get The Club Into Debt

Read 6095 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Hicks Denies Telling Moores He Wouldnt Get The Club Into Debt
      May 29, 2010 01:12:03 am
      Here we go. Whose bullshitting whose bitching and whose not?

How are we to know anyway?

Tom Hicks denies telling David Moores he wouldn't get Liverpool FC into debt

May 29 2010 by James Pearce, Daily Post

TOM HICKS has denied promising previous Liverpool FC owner David Moores that he wouldn’t plunge the club into debt.

The extensive borrowing of Hicks and co-owner George Gillett have sent Liverpool ÂŁ351m into the red and burdened them with crippling annual interest payments.

Moores says that went against what was agreed when he sold them the club in 2007.

The former chairman insists the terms of the deal were “unambiguous” and that investment bank Rothschild & Sons had guaranteed that the pair were “good for the money.”

However, Hicks denies that anyone was misled.

“In our agreement with the seller, no representation was made that the new ownership group would be debt-free,” Hicks said.

Hicks described Moores’ criticism of their reign and his plea for them to sell up as a “weak attempt to deflect attention from the prior owner.”

He believes a buyer for the club is more likely to be found in the Middle East or Asia.

The American, together with compatriot George Gillett, put the Reds up for sale last month.

Hicks hopes to get between ÂŁ600m and ÂŁ800m for the club and feels a mega-rich supporter from their huge overseas fan-base would be the most likely new owner.

“Liverpool has a really big universe of interested buyers,” said the Texan.

“There are a number of wealthy people all over the world, particularly in the Middle East and Asia, who are enormous Liverpool fans.”

Having leveraged huge debt on the club – parent company Kop Holdings were £351m in the red last summer with annual loan repayments of £40m – Hicks may find he has to lower his asking price, especially with a new stadium in Stanley Park still waiting to be built.

The 64-year-old has admitted it could take between 12 and 18 months and the longer it is on the market the more the price will reduce.

But Hicks has no desire to carry on and wants out of the sports investment business as quickly as possible.

His Texas Rangers baseball side filed for bankruptcy on Monday 13 months after its parent company, HSG Sports Group, defaulted on ÂŁ360m of debt.

The Dallas Stars ice hockey franchise is also being sold and Liverpool will be the last of his three main sports investments to be off-loaded.

Former striker John Aldridge criticised Hicks and Gillett for loading huge debts on the club and dismissed the former’s claims that Liverpool were in a better position now than they were three years ago when the Americans took charge.

“Any club that is losing £110,000 a day (on loan repayments) is in big trouble – whether they are Liverpool or not,” he said.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2010/05/29/tom-hicks-denies-telling-david-moores-he-wouldn-t-get-liverpool-fc-into-debt-55578-26546083/

Hicks and Moores in my eyes are now as bad as each other.
      Cash Registers for souls.
      C*nts the both of them.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010 10:28:48 am by CRK, Reason: Added article format »
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: Hicks Denies Telling Moores He Wouldnt Get The Club Into Debt
      Reply #1: May 29, 2010 01:44:29 am
      Here we go.
      Whose bullshitting whose bitching and whose not?
      How are we to know anyway?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2010/05/29/tom-hicks-denies-telling-david-moores-he-wouldn-t-get-liverpool-fc-into-debt-55578-26546083/

Tom Hicks denies telling David Moores he wouldn't get Liverpool FC into debt

May 29 2010 by James Pearce, Daily Post

TOM HICKS has denied promising previous Liverpool FC owner David Moores that he wouldn’t plunge the club into debt.

The extensive borrowing of Hicks and co-owner George Gillett have sent Liverpool ÂŁ351m into the red and burdened them with crippling annual interest payments.

Moores says that went against what was agreed when he sold them the club in 2007.

The former chairman insists the terms of the deal were “unambiguous” and that investment bank Rothschild & Sons had guaranteed that the pair were “good for the money.”

However, Hicks denies that anyone was misled.

“In our agreement with the seller, no representation was made that the new ownership group would be debt-free,” Hicks said.

Hicks described Moores’ criticism of their reign and his plea for them to sell up as a “weak attempt to deflect attention from the prior owner.”

He believes a buyer for the club is more likely to be found in the Middle East or Asia.

The American, together with compatriot George Gillett, put the Reds up for sale last month.

Hicks hopes to get between ÂŁ600m and ÂŁ800m for the club and feels a mega-rich supporter from their huge overseas fan-base would be the most likely new owner.

“Liverpool has a really big universe of interested buyers,” said the Texan.

“There are a number of wealthy people all over the world, particularly in the Middle East and Asia, who are enormous Liverpool fans.”

Having leveraged huge debt on the club – parent company Kop Holdings were £351m in the red last summer with annual loan repayments of £40m – Hicks may find he has to lower his asking price, especially with a new stadium in Stanley Park still waiting to be built.

The 64-year-old has admitted it could take between 12 and 18 months and the longer it is on the market the more the price will reduce.

But Hicks has no desire to carry on and wants out of the sports investment business as quickly as possible.

His Texas Rangers baseball side filed for bankruptcy on Monday 13 months after its parent company, HSG Sports Group, defaulted on ÂŁ360m of debt.

The Dallas Stars ice hockey franchise is also being sold and Liverpool will be the last of his three main sports investments to be off-loaded.

Former striker John Aldridge criticised Hicks and Gillett for loading huge debts on the club and dismissed the former’s claims that Liverpool were in a better position now than they were three years ago when the Americans took charge.

“Any club that is losing £110,000 a day (on loan repayments) is in big trouble – whether they are Liverpool or not,” he said.

Hicks and Moores in my eyes are now as bad as each other.
      Cash Registers for souls.
      C*nts the both of them.

Mate condemn them all,they are all below contempt
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: May 29, 2010 01:44:56 am
      Ah geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!

Here we go. This is the start of another 'he said' 'she said' bullshit campaign.

The truth is that Hicks and his partner in crime said no debt would be put on the club when they were revealed as new owners. For that reason, i side with Moores.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #3: May 29, 2010 02:07:03 am
      Ah geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!

Here we go. This is the start of another 'he said' 'she said' bullshit campaign.

The truth is that Hicks and his partner in crime said no debt would be put on the club when they were revealed as new owners. For that reason, I side with Moores.
      Side with no one,they are all as bad as one another,they put their own interests,above the interests of the club.They are all gobshites,make no mistake.This is no "bullshit campaign".If no takeover deal is done before the start of the season,you will see,civil protests on our usual scale.Remember,we have been there many times before,and defeated stronger opposition.If you don't take part,at least research our history, before you post.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #4: May 29, 2010 02:10:45 am
      Has Tom Hicks ever given us reason not to trust him? I dont think so.

I believe you Tom. Every word. Keep those glorious truthful words of wisdom flowing from that beautiful mouth of yours.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: May 29, 2010 03:13:23 am
      Side with no one,they are all as bad as one another,they put their own interests,above the interests of the club.They are all gobshites,make no mistake.This is no "bullshit campaign".If no takeover deal is done before the start of the season,you will see,civil protests on our usual scale.Remember,we have been there many times before,and defeated stronger opposition.If you don't take part,at least research our history, before you post.

I hear ya loud and clear Roy. That's what I meant about 'bullshit campaign'. Another inhouse fight that will be fought between the big personalities at the club through the media due to the lack of direct communication in the club. And the ones paying will be us, the supporters.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #6: May 29, 2010 09:11:20 am
      No one would have said I shall make the club debt free but if Moores had known he would put a leveraged buyout in place and then put the whole debt on the club there is know way in hell Moores would have sold him the club and Hicks knows this, Hicks don't like being in the public eye and he will not like being made out the liar he is, bad for business, now all Moores has to do is keep the pressure on the guy, it's about time Moores said this it's been a long time coming.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7: May 29, 2010 10:06:58 am
      Hicks is not a liar!!! Leave him alone!! :f_tongueincheek:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2741 
      Reply #8: May 29, 2010 11:48:27 am
      F**k me, this is like two five year olds having a playground argument.

F***ing ridiculous.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: May 29, 2010 11:52:34 am
      To be honest I think its all well & Good this very public argument and I hope Moores has got the balls to come out and shed further light on the take over in reply to messer Hicks as the more this gets played out in the media the  more it raises awareness to our predicament and in light of the valuation of the club it may only serve to drive it down.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10: May 29, 2010 11:57:11 am
      Has Tom Hicks ever given us reason not to trust him? I dont think so.

I believe you Tom. Every word. Keep those glorious truthful words of wisdom flowing from that beautiful mouth of yours.

:lmao:
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #11: May 29, 2010 02:03:42 pm
      Another day, another lie, another dollar eh Tom. What I want to know is,  where is "little" George, does this guy go hibernating six months a year?

I do hope as RedLFCBlood says that more info comes out of all of this. Whatever anyone thinks of Moores, I have noticed a shift in the opinion of some older fans that I know. A lot these are really tradional fans who have a lot time for the Moores family. For the first time, they are really asking question about the "custodians" of our club. It's important that we win these people over. Get them on our side, and suddenly we have another group of fans ready to fight for the club.

Can't say it enough times, but educating people about these two cowboys is the best way, of increasing the pressure on them. Hicks has already said he does not like the publicity so it is obviously getting to him in some way.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12: May 29, 2010 02:23:22 pm
      Course he denies saying it.  He's told so many lies he can't remember what truth is anymore, if he ever knew in the first place.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #13: May 29, 2010 02:29:09 pm
      So basically what he just said there was he came to the club intending to plunge us into debt. tw*t.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #14: May 29, 2010 02:42:50 pm
      Why doesn't he just shut the F**k up? He is an acknowledged liar and deceiver so any noises he makes are detrimental to LFC by qualification.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #15: May 29, 2010 02:59:08 pm
      So basically what he just said there was he came to the club intending to plunge us into debt. T**t.

No what he said was he made no promises it wouldn't happen, with what the financial situation was, we should of expected to go into debt. Just not this much.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #16: May 29, 2010 03:14:10 pm
      No what he said was he made no promises it wouldn't happen, with what the financial situation was, we should of expected to go into debt. Just not this much.
      He didn't promise to pillage the club to service his debts either but that happened consistently, he did promise to build a new stadium what happened there?
      He is supposedly a businessman of some (ill) repute so if he couldn't read between the lines and make some informed decisions he should not be in charge of LFC, given that the economic downturn was instigated in his own back yard an enlightened perspective would be expected instead he used his guile to strip this institution to the bone.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #17: May 29, 2010 03:48:24 pm
      If these to wankers walk away with even a dimes profit, they can rot in hell.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #18: May 29, 2010 06:26:57 pm
      I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*UCKING HATE HICKS
      I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*UCKING HATE HICKS
      I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*CKING HATE HICKS. I F*UCKING HATE HICKS :mad: :mad: :mad:
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #19: May 29, 2010 06:28:09 pm
      Liar, liar, bums on fire.
      AmericanRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #20: May 29, 2010 08:07:33 pm
      Inhis letter to The Times, Moores said he held alot of stuff back (did not reveal all the behind the scenes information)...perhaps, now, Moores will be tempted to give us the juicy particulars...

I just hope enough media pressure is put on Hicks for him to go QUICKLY.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21: May 29, 2010 09:59:43 pm

Horrible F**k faced c**t.

Quick Reply