Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Who would you sign up with £50million??

Read 5756 times
      fatlip13
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Re: Who would you sign up with £50million??
      Reply #23: Jun 17, 2007 03:22:28 pm
      Number 1 target for me would be samuel etoo. £25-£35m
      hard working world class striker.
      Number2 alves/simao/quaresmo. £10-£15m
      an out an out wimger, alves is a full back allegedly but his defensive work is suspect.
      Number3 dominating centre half. £7-£10m
      Would have taken woodgate but i'm not sure this Milito guy is big enough for premiership. leaves us with a weakness at set pieces against the likes of Terry or Drogba.
      Any change from that and possibly with some sales we could pick up some other players, Malouda, Owen, back up goalkeeper and let Carson out on loan
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #24: Jun 17, 2007 06:48:49 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #25: Jun 17, 2007 06:50:58 pm
      gazza_lpool1
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 18, 2007 07:49:56 am
      if i was Rafa and had £50 million i would get henry, villa, alves, simao
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 18, 2007 08:36:57 am
      How bout Owen for 9 mil and about 4 doctors to nurse him and Kewell back to health for the most part of the season with the rest of the money  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just kidding maybe Eto Queresma Alves
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2007 08:50:38 am by Naza05 »
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 18, 2007 09:34:54 am
      I dont think there is anything wrong with our current strikers, I think its the inconsistency of the right and left wings that starve the strikers. I think that we should sign Quaresma/jouquin and malouda. And with whatever's left see if we can get tevez
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #29: Jun 18, 2007 10:04:07 am
      millito/trezeguet/ibrahimovic,malouda,sabrosa,quaresma(yes Venom-C) and milito younger bro.... ;D
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #30: Jun 18, 2007 10:11:56 am
      I dont think there is anything wrong with our current strikers, I think its the inconsistency of the right and left wings that starve the strikers. I think that we should sign Quaresma/jouquin and malouda. And with whatever's left see if we can get tevez

We don't have a out an out goalscorer that will give us 20 goals at the moment we do need a striker of that quality cause we have provided enough chances just not finished them
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #31: Jun 18, 2007 01:13:15 pm
      i agree Naza05... our strikers do have good service from stevie g and xabi...i do believe though that we need some new wingers aka ricardo quaresma (plays left and right wing) to provide our strikers with another avenue of service.
      we do need a reliable world class goal scorer though...torres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #32: Jun 18, 2007 01:31:50 pm
      1. Tevez, because he's creative and has got something to add in and around the box.

2. Simao - brilliant left foot (Rafa was after him in 05)
      TBH, i'm not sure about Torres - yes he's a proven goal scorer etc, but remember the same hype with Morientes, and look what happened to him!!!

3. I'd say Darren Bent (only on the cheap though)  :) He has proved he can score week in, week out. NO to Owen - he's past it now!!Going to Real Madrid really f*cked up his career, good and proper, and he's a liability injury wise.
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #33: Jun 18, 2007 02:44:05 pm
      1. Tevez, because he's creative and has got something to add in and around the box.

2. Simao - brilliant left foot (Rafa was after him in 05)
      TBH, I'm not sure about Torres - yes he's a proven goal scorer etc, but remember the same hype with Morientes, and look what happened to him!!!

3. I'd say Darren Bent (only on the cheap though)  :) He has proved he can score week in, week out. NO to Owen - he's past it now!!Going to Real Madrid really f*cked up his career, good and proper, and he's a liability injury wise.

Tevez would be a good edition but his not the goalscorer we looking for, Tevez will get the same amount as our strikers currently as he will create more goals for a proper striker if we can get Tevez and Eto for instance this partnership would be great as they'll complement each other brilliantly
      fadzli_alonso
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 18, 2007 03:03:33 pm
      millito/trezeguet/ibrahimovic,malouda,sabrosa,quaresma(yes Venom-C) and milito younger bro.... ;D

Lpool 07/08

reina

m/richard                carra                          agger                 aurelio   

mascherano        alonso

simoa                      stevie g                mancini

torres                               
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #35: Jun 19, 2007 08:17:09 am
                                                Lpool 07/08

reina

m/richard                carra                          agger                 aurelio   

mascherano        alonso

simoa                      stevie g                mancini

torres                              

Y would you leave steve finnan out of the side?
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #36: Jun 19, 2007 08:59:28 am
                                                                              reina

alves                agger                  carragher          aurrellio                                                             Coach: King Rafa

alonso                               

quaresma                                                                                 kewell
                                                                            stevie g

torres/villa                            kuyt

This squad= barclays english premier league champions 07/08, champions leage winners 07/08, and F.A cup winners 07/08
      Treble, here we come
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: Jun 19, 2007 09:09:50 am
      I'd buy Ruud Van Nistelroy...I know he's a former Manc but he just knows how to put the ball in the back of the net...he also takes a decent penalty.....and I'd just  love him to score the winner at GreySkull Castle, run past Slur Alex and say shove that up your  :action-smiley-027:!

With the remainder I'd buy myself a corporate box at the new Anfield and have all you scousers getting blotto :drink: :food-smiley-005: with me at every home game of the season ;)

scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #38: Jun 19, 2007 02:43:22 pm
      Aussie Red...
      make sure you get me a corporate box at the new anfield stadium as well...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      Reply #39: Jun 20, 2007 05:21:29 am
      Aussie Red...
      make sure you get me a corporate box at the new anfield stadium as well...

na mate, you can just come into mine as well....fellow Melbournian ;)
      « Last Edit: Jun 20, 2007 05:28:30 am by AussieRed »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #40: Jun 20, 2007 07:28:19 am
      I'd buy Ruud Van Nistelroy...I know he's a former Manc but he just knows how to put the ball in the back of the net...he also takes a decent penalty.....and I'd just  love him to score the winner at GreySkull Castle, run past Slur Alex and say shove that up your  :action-smiley-027:!

With the remainder I'd buy myself a corporate box at the new Anfield and have all you scousers getting blotto :drink: :food-smiley-005: with me at every home game of the season ;)

Good man 8)

I'd love to see someone of Van Nistlerooys stature here, an out and out striker who would get us those 20 goals a season! Just who though?

Henry? I'd love that!

Bent scores frequently but I think we should be aiming higher than him.

Any players from the spanish league are a risk and generally fail to make an impact here, barring Alonso of course!

I'd go for Alves, Henry and Simao! Few quid left over can pay for me wopping phone bill I just got! :laugh:
      sonny
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #41: Jun 20, 2007 08:50:06 am
      !st i would off load Bellamy for £10m that makes £60m to spend, then Kewell to the highest bidder £4m Risse £5m that takes the total to £69m, with that amount i would try to get the following:

Queresma, Malouda, Torres, Milito

Reina
                                                  Finnan                   Carragher                        Milito                 Aurelio

Masherano

Gerrard                          Alonso

Queresma                                                                 Malouda

Torres
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      Reply #42: Jun 20, 2007 08:54:35 am
      Sonny, nice team  ::), formation a bit skewiff...but that's probably just the computer ;)...but I got to ask...Can't fit Agger into the 1st team ???
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 20, 2007 09:29:46 am
      Sonny, nice team  ::), formation a bit skewiff...but that's probably just the computer ;)...but I got to ask...Can't fit Agger into the 1st team ???

Agree. Agger has been outstanding all season.
      Maybe not sell riise caus aurelio very injury prone
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #44: Jun 20, 2007 11:32:10 am
      With 50m, we'll probably land Villa/Eto'o/Torres  Simao/Quaresma Malouda/Mancini
      sonny
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 20, 2007 11:45:27 am
      Sonny, nice team  , formation a bit skewiff...but that's probably just the computer ...but I got to ask...Can't fit Agger into the 1st team

Agger had a great season for us last term, however i think cover is deffinatly needed and palleta is not prem standard just yet so a rotation between agger and milito could be the solution.
      As for keeping Riise - he would be good for cover untill aurelio toughens up (a bit like henry's 1st season at arsewipes)

Quick Reply