Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

4th July 2010: Independence Day

Read 35252 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: 4th July 2010: Independence Day
      Reply #276: Jul 07, 2010 09:41:53 pm
      Boss pic that. Shame I'm not on it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #277: Jul 10, 2010 10:03:24 pm
      Seen some boss tops there (and trainees, but that's a personal fetish :D) and I'm dying to get hold of one of the Brigade Rosse ones, with a Liverbird in the star rather than an AK. :D

Any idea where you can get them?

Had a scout and nothing out there, but their are sites which offer a Personal T-Shirt service.

I may go crazy and get one myself

Homepage  http://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/

Custom Bit http://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/create-your-own-t-shirt-C59/product/18245679/designSearch/Personal

queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #278: Jul 12, 2010 02:29:09 am
      Few more......I think these are slightly different to the SOS pics on line....

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #279: Jul 12, 2010 12:32:42 pm
      Boss pics them QP! :)

queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #280: Jul 12, 2010 03:09:46 pm
      Cheers, I love the bottom ones. I will post a video montage of the day soon but those guys were in full voice all day.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #281: Jul 12, 2010 07:17:40 pm
      Good job I'm not on any of those pictures.

I was as rough as a bears arse.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #282: Jul 12, 2010 07:36:09 pm
      Same here. I was literally destroyed all day.

Boss pics though QP. Were you standing on the steps for a while?
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #283: Jul 13, 2010 12:17:30 am
      All the build up for this and F**k all international coverage tbh i was hoping it would be bigger.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #284: Jul 13, 2010 02:34:49 pm
      Same here. I was literally destroyed all day.

Boss pics though QP. Were you standing on the steps for a while?

Was on the steps all day thanks to Jay. I was the pr**k running around with camera that had a huge microphone strapped to it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #285: Jul 14, 2010 12:09:19 am
      Was on the steps all day thanks to Jay. I was the pr**k running around with camera that had a huge microphone strapped to it.

Haha! I think I remember seeing you then. When are we gonna see your work from the day bud?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #286: Jul 14, 2010 12:10:07 am
      Haha! I think I remember seeing you then. When are we gonna see your work from the day bud?

When your hangover cures. ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #287: Jul 14, 2010 12:13:05 am
      £3.20 for a bottle of Corona.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #288: Jul 14, 2010 02:06:05 am
      Good day,had by all.Now we need to adress a bigger threat from within. Purslow is empire building,instrumental in Rafa's sacking,controlling transfer dealings whilst keeping RH out of the loop.Now I really start to worry,not only are the owners raping our club but the lackies are also on board.If you thought that the July 4th had any significance,then now is the time to wake up.They all don't give a f*ck.We can protest passively,until we get bored,makes no difference at all.You have to sacrifice to be effective,I don't give a f*ck how many others would take my ticket because I haven't got one.I travel 200 hundred miles to protest,without attending a game.Independance my arse.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #289: Jul 14, 2010 02:07:19 am
      Too much politics,too little action?
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #290: Jul 14, 2010 02:31:04 pm
      I think of Gandi when all hope is lost, all of this counts, we need to be the change, postive action is better than forum venting. I would love to hear about other options that we have to put pressure on them.

Think of all the people in the city that walked past that day, might not have been aware of what is happening but now know. They go home tell friends about it, they tell friends etc etc......and this gets out. I keep saying its bigger than the club this is an issue for society. You try walking into a bank and saying, hey Mr bank manager I tell you what, you give me a loan to buy something, I will pay nothing and you get your money back from the thing I buy. They will tell you to fick right off.

I also truly believe that the season ticket holders must not turn up to the games, that is the only way we will get traction, dont give up your tickets just dont turn up and lets see a Sky televised game with only 16,000 odd in the ground.
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2010 02:47:22 pm by queuepolitely »
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #291: Jul 21, 2010 02:01:58 am
      I changed by selling my house and business,in order to support my club.I seek no financial return or cuedos from it,I protest because I care ,not that I can gain some identity from taking part In fact I don't give a f*ck what wannabe supporters think.I don't make videos,we don't need them.What we need is people to stop buying merchandise,vdeos will not achieve this,active protest at the retail centres might be the best option.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #292: Jul 21, 2010 02:15:35 pm
      What we need is people to stop buying merchandise,vdeos will not achieve this,active protest at the retail centres might be the best option.

Mate, until preople start to realise that unless we do something we won't HAVE a club, I fear we're fighting an uphill battle.

In this I include all the supporters in the city and elsewhere who say "I don't want to know about the political bollox, I just want to go to the games and have a pint with me mates after"

Picketing the shops would be a great start, and if I was up there, I'd be on the front line - but there also needs to be an education campaign at any direct action, like handing out leaflets to people who wonder why they are being "stopped" from going into the shops.

Just look at manure - their fans didn't give a F**k for years, and it was only a so-called "hardcore" of supporters who were fighting the glazers.
      Now that ferguson has stopped spending money (pathetic excuses aside) they are beginning to wake up.

We need to educate people before we get in that deep.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #293: Jul 22, 2010 02:30:17 pm
      Try stopping people in Liverpool One - Private land not a public area. You'll be arrested or moved in in minutes. Do you notice all the private security guards walking around....they will do you for trespass.

Thought this was interesting as well: http://tomkinstimes.com/2010/07/the-long-and-winding-road-supporter-ownership/
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010 03:10:01 pm by queuepolitely, Reason: add a link »
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #294: Jul 25, 2010 01:33:43 am
      Interesting in as much as many people turned up wearing "new season shirts".This website has a "Not A Penny More" campaign underway,which I support,and originally the day was intended to be a protest against the owners,not a recruitment campaign for SOS.So until SOS support my website views,I'll stick with the site.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #295: Jul 26, 2010 02:49:57 pm
      understand what your saying mate, I was horrified people turned up in Standard Charterd shirts - there is a video by Redman on Youtube interviewing people slating the owners but thier wearing the new shirts - I was lost for words (no critisim of that vid just the people). I've liked you facebook page and have not spent a penny on the club this year and I support your aims as well. But this was on facebook "I'm sorry but seriously!? You really expect me to stop going to Anfield every week? If I stop going, someone else from Thailand or China will just take my place. There's no f**king point."

This is the aptahy that we are fighting and films and other such mediums can help. The world is lost in an X-factor saturday night take away slumber, thacther (bi*ch) turned us all into robots "there is no society" so whilst some like your good self will get of your arse and try to do something 10 more will just turn up and watch the games. The whole point of LBO's was to take a dependable business, not one that is glam and subject to wims, but one which will garantee income ----- you dont get more than fans going to the match in that respect. To play the game your gotta understand the rules.

Quick Reply