Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

'Reds Stars Go Back To School'

Read 1846 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      'Reds Stars Go Back To School'
      Jun 02, 2010 12:45:21 pm
      I'm guessing this is in the right thread, not sure how many of you guys have seen this but I thought it would be good to post, a nice thing to do I reckon.

Liverpool's Daniel Agger and Dani Pacheco have visited pupils from Liverpool Royal School for the Blind.

It's not everyday children get the chance to enjoy an assembly with two international footballers - but that's exactly what happened for pupils at the Liverpool Royal School for the Blind as part of this year's Premier League Places for Players scheme.

Reds stars Agger and Pacheco took time out of their busy schedules to join LFC Community Manager Bill Bygroves on an afternoon that will live long in the memory as the club continued its Respect 4 All programme work.

For more than two centuries, the Liverpool Royal School for the Blind has been helping to educate children aged 2-19 years who have a visual impairment and learning difficulties ranging from moderate to profound.

First opened in 1791, the school was the first of its kind in this country.

And with Bygroves and his trusty guitar leading a lively afternoon of singing and dancing, Agger and Pacheco quickly got into the swing of things - much to the delight of the pupils in attendance.

"It was unbelievable to see all of those kids so happy and it was definitely a good experience for me," Agger said.

"I'm proud to have been invited along and I'd never been to a school like this before.

"It definitely makes me think. Sometimes it is a bit sad to see, but when you see them so happy you feel good inside. It's been a pleasure.

"I think especially at a club like Liverpool, we need to be out in the community and to show ourselves. Most of the boys growing up want to be in our position, so we need to give something back."

Pacheco added: "It's a big pleasure to come along today. I am so happy to be here and see the smiles on the children's faces.

"It's a bit sad to see, so it makes you realise how lucky we are to have everything we do. We need to show that out on the pitch and days like today can definitely help inspire us.

"It's nothing for us to be here - it's been a really nice afternoon."

While the Reds stars posed for photographs and signed autographs, headmaster Mr. J.P. Byrne explained what their visit meant to the school and its pupils.

"This is a great day for us," he said. "The children know the Respect 4 All team from Liverpool and now to have two first-team players come here, with Bill playing the music, it's been fantastic.

"The kids will remember this day for a long time and their parents will be really proud. They loved it and the lads themselves seemed to enjoy it too."

"It's a privilege for this football club to be involved with this school," said Bygroves.

"It was great to see Daniel and Dani come along, find out what goes on here and be able to join in, which they did so well. That really encouraged everyone here - it was great.

"I think it's important for first-team players to lend their support to events like this - it keeps everything in perspective.

"You see amongst those young people an attitude that is positive and cheerful, and we can all learn from that."

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2060074,00.html

Good lads.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Re: 'Reds Stars Go Back To School'
      Reply #1: Jun 02, 2010 01:57:03 pm
      Well played lads  :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Jun 02, 2010 03:00:31 pm
      Fantastic. Choked up reading that
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,777 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Jun 03, 2010 12:43:41 am
      Nice one lads.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Jun 04, 2010 07:46:31 pm
      Nice one Dan and Dani, important for the lads to do this kinda thing, well in to the pair of them.  :gt-happyup:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Jun 08, 2010 07:11:53 am
      Is Pacheco the ultimate Liverpool youngster?

Always helping in the community and a magnificent prospect.

Quick Reply