Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Yoann Gourcuff (Bordeaux)

Read 2121 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Yoann Gourcuff (Bordeaux)
      Jun 02, 2010 01:16:43 pm
      Not sure where to post this.

Fabregas out, Gourcuff in
      http://www.espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item448379/Fabregas-out,-Gourcuff-in/

Cesc Fabregas will play alongside Xavi for Barcelona next season, according to the Catalan star.

Xavi says he expects Fabregas, who is being heavily linked with a switch to his former club, to link-up with him at Camp Nou.

The Arsenal captain would almost certainly have already made the move to Spain had it not been for the Gunners' determination to keep hold of their midfield lynchpin.

But manager Arsene Wenger is reportedly willing to open talks over a transfer in a bid to raise funds for Bordeaux star Yoann Gourcuff.

Gourcuff could be the man to replace Fabregas should he exit the Emirates this summer and Xavi is confident his Spanish compatriot will be joining him in Pep Guardiola's side.

"Yes, certainly," said Xavi in Sport when asked if he expected to play alongside Fabregas next season. "And it also had to be like this.

"Two years I said Cesc would end up playing for Barcelona and now I have it more clear than ever.

"He has also expressed publicly that he wants to come to Barcelona and when a player wants to move to some place he ends up going.

"It is clear that Cesc will come to Barcelona."

If he does go to Arsenal, another one we were once linked with to have not arrived?
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Yoann Gourcuff (Bordeaux)
      Reply #1: Jun 02, 2010 03:20:51 pm
      Perfect replacement for Arsenal, IMO. Gourcuff is top class for me.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #2: Jun 02, 2010 03:27:02 pm
      Perfect replacement for Arsenal, IMO. Gourcuff is top class for me.

I reckon playing in the Premier League for Arsenal or for us would improve him.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #3: Jun 02, 2010 03:43:56 pm
      We couldnt afford his left testi*le
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #4: Jun 02, 2010 04:01:44 pm
      We were never really in the running for him.We have other targets.I would prefer Turan or Mata over him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #5: Jun 02, 2010 04:17:43 pm
      We haven't been linked to him have we?

Should be in the General Football board this.
      marcyanguez
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 02, 2010 05:17:16 pm
      Is the first time I heard about the interest of Liverpool on buying Gourcuff. I had a poor performance at Ac Milan and a great performance in the last two seasons at Bourdeaux. Liverpool needs quality players with imagination, and he seems to be a creative player. 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #7: Jun 04, 2010 11:57:59 pm
      We were never really in the running for him.We have other targets.I would prefer Turan or Mata over him.

Fair enough but they don't play the same position. I honestly think Gourcuff could do a job beside Masch and behind Gerrard. I would be more than happy if we can get a midfielder like Gourcuff( or van der Vaart) and a left sided player like Mata or Turan.

We haven't been linked to him have we?

Should be in the General Football board this.

I did a search in the search bar and there was a topic of Yoann Gourcuff but it was locked after he made the move to Bordeaux from AC Milan.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Jun 05, 2010 02:17:24 am
      Bordeaux deny Gourcuff rumours

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Tiraud insists there has been no approach for Yoann Gourcuff after reports linked the midfielder with Arsenal.

Gourcuff, who will represent France at the World Cup in South Africa when it gets under way next Friday, has been rumoured as a potential replacement for Cesc Fabregas at the Emirates should the Spaniard move back to Barcelona.

Tiraud, however, has denied receiving any offers for the 23-year-old, and refused to comment further on the speculation.

"I'm not going to comment on anything from the English newspapers," Tiraud said in L'Equipe.

"Today, I have received no offer for Gourcuff or anybody else for that matter. We know what the English tabloids are like.

"Fabregas was going to Barcelona, everything was done, and I just saw (Arsenal boss Arsene) Wenger say that Fabregas will stay in London. I will not be drawn into this game."

Quick Reply