Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

PROTEST: Tonight - 6pm Anfield

Read 23649 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,010 posts | 3352 
      Re: PROTEST: Tonight - 6pm Anfield
      Reply #115: Jun 03, 2010 10:33:42 pm
      Protest was good, still going on a fair bit when I got off. Would of stayed longer but I had to get home for around nine.

From where I was, it looked like around four maybe five hundred all in all. Wasn't much trouble, one lad got pulled by the coppers but was soon allowed to go. The burning of the American flags didn't cause much stir, the first one had pictures of Hicks and Gillett on anyways.

There were a few other banners tied to the gates, looked decent.

The fans were in fine voice, especially after CRK started numerous chants. Good on ya Joey lad. Couple of marches round the ground and surrounding areas. Second one went past the Sandon, Arkles and back round to the ground. First one was quality when we stopped by the gates an that fella shouted to the security guard "F**k off security" after the "F**k off Perslow" chant.

Even got a "pink and blue sh*te, pink and blue sh*t, hello" chant out when a bitter walked past.

Only problem I think with it, was the time. Most people at that time are coming home from work, last thing they wanna do is then go on a march/protest. Other than that though, it was pretty much faultless.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #116: Jun 03, 2010 10:36:16 pm
      Cheers for the report Billy, sounded like it was a good one. This is just a precursor to July 4th anyways, they wont know whats hit them.

Nice one to all from here who went, very well done.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,010 posts | 3352 
      Reply #117: Jun 03, 2010 10:38:05 pm
      4th of July one will go off F***ing big style Dave. That's going straight from town down to the ground, people just joining up on the way. Probably treble in numbers from the start to the finish.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #118: Jun 03, 2010 10:38:33 pm
      Agree with the protest but not the burning of the American flag,not a clever move at all.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #119: Jun 03, 2010 10:40:18 pm
      4th of July one will go off f**king big style Dave. That's going straight from town down to the ground, people just joining up on the way. Probably treble in numbers from the start to the finish.

Aye, i really F***ing wanna be there for that. If i had the money i would as well, some would call me crazy for flying over just for that but i would.

Will be in Australia at the time its on and i will be wearing my reds top to be there in spirit, at least.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #120: Jun 03, 2010 10:41:39 pm
      Agree with the protest but not the burning of the American flag,not a clever move at all.
      Sick of hearing about this F***ing flag now.

If it gets some airtime in the States, if it makes the owners uncomfortable, if it makes Standard Chartered uncomfortable and the American banks that are propping up the owners then good.

The club is being raped for £1M every 9 days and people are moaning about somebody burning a piece of F***ing cotton.

Some of you need to get a grip.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #121: Jun 03, 2010 10:42:42 pm
      Thanks for the update Billy.  Good that it went off without any trouble and how many turned up at short notice.

We really need to keep the pressure on, don't give them a minute to catch their breath - that includes the current board.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,010 posts | 3352 
      Reply #122: Jun 03, 2010 10:43:39 pm
      Aye, i really F***ing wanna be there for that. If i had the money i would as well, some would call me crazy for flying over just for that but i would.

Will be in Australia at the time its on and i will be wearing my reds top to be there in spirit, at least.

We know you'd be there mate. And don't worry, we'll do you proud ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,010 posts | 3352 
      Reply #123: Jun 03, 2010 10:45:52 pm
      Thanks for the update Billy.  Good that it went off without any trouble and how many turned up at short notice.

We really need to keep the pressure on, don't give them a minute to catch their breath - that includes the current board.

Well there's another one pencilled in for July the 4th. So it looks like things are moving on quickly now.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #124: Jun 03, 2010 10:47:04 pm
      Sick of hearing about this f**king flag now.

If it gets some airtime in the States, if it makes the owners uncomfortable, if it makes Standard Chartered uncomfortable and the American banks that are propping up the owners then good.

The club is being raped for £1M every 9 days and people are moaning about somebody burning a piece of f**king cotton.

Some of you need to get a grip.

Agreed JD.  I couldn't give a flying f**k about the flag so long as it get's some airtime in the media, preferably across the pond.

Billy I know about the 4th July mate and I will be there, nothing is going to stand in the way of that.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #125: Jun 03, 2010 10:51:32 pm
      We know you'd be there mate. And don't worry, we'll do you proud ;D

I have no doubt of that :D

And agree about the flag. If some people can't get the meaning of it no matter their personal feelings over it, then they need to get a grip. As i said before, im with an American, and i know she'll understand.

Drastic situations need drastic measures. And if the burning of one flag gets some notice, then F***ing well in i reckon.

Nothing thats been done yet has worked, maybe this will start something.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,010 posts | 3352 
      Reply #126: Jun 03, 2010 10:55:04 pm
      Agreed JD.  I couldn't give a flying f**k about the flag so long as it get's some airtime in the media, preferably across the pond.

Billy I know about the 4th July mate and I will be there, nothing is going to stand in the way of that.

Good girl Debs. Gonna go off that one.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #127: Jun 03, 2010 10:56:55 pm

I'll bring me bovva boots then  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #128: Jun 03, 2010 10:58:21 pm
      Well done to all involved. Drastic times call for drastic measures. We are dealing with people who dont care for the club or its values. Hopefully it gets a reaction states side
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #129: Jun 03, 2010 11:00:36 pm
      To be honest I couldnt give a F**k if they burnbed a flag or Anfield to the ground as long as its sending out the right messgae that Tom & George are not wanted at this club and their valuation of the club is ridiculous.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #130: Jun 03, 2010 11:06:57 pm
      Burning the flag was a masterstroke for one reason only it will highlight our plight further in the states and add more pressure on those two pricks.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #131: Jun 03, 2010 11:07:42 pm
      I'll bring me bovva boots then  ;)

I got a little fashion house in Paris to knock you some up Debs.
      Ill send them over the Channel in an unmarked parcel.

Mwa Dahlink! X
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #132: Jun 03, 2010 11:30:18 pm
      Burning the flag only makes those across the pond (not H & G) feel most likely resentful to the protest rather than impassioned by the cause. Sorry but thats a fact. Focus on those 2 bas**rds and not being anti american. We need people across the globe, be they lifelong liverpool or pro justice to be behind this movement. Flag burning doesn't bring everyone together against a common enemy. I knoq i' d be pissed off if someone burnt the union jack.
      Regardless, i am utterly behind the protest.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #133: Jun 03, 2010 11:35:13 pm
      Sounds like a decent protest.

I'll deffo be there on 4th July.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #134: Jun 03, 2010 11:37:05 pm
      Just like to say a massive thank you to any one who attended tonight whether that be from here or from over on Rawk, it's lads likeyou that make a difference.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #135: Jun 03, 2010 11:37:51 pm
      I got a little fashion house in Paris to knock you some up Debs.
      Ill send them over the Channel in an unmarked parcel.

Mwa Dahlink! X

Awe Euro thanks mate I love 'em  ;D  Size 4's please.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #136: Jun 03, 2010 11:40:24 pm
      Burning the flag only makes those across the pond (not H & G) feel most likely resentful to the protest rather than impassioned by the cause. Sorry but thats a fact. Focus on those 2 bas**rds and not being anti american. We need people across the globe, be they lifelong liverpool or pro justice to be behind this movement. Flag burning doesn't bring everyone together against a common enemy. I knoq I' d be pissed off if someone burnt the union jack.
      Regardless, I am utterly behind the protest.
      Okay - so we ARE still talking about the flag.

Judging by the reaction it seems to have ignited I can see quite a lot of them being torched on the 4th July.

Interesting to know that we have found a new angle.

To be honest mate, I don't think many people give a flying f**k what 'middle America' think about it or not.  What influence could they possibly have? People who aren't Liverpool supporters or even know where the place is don't like us? Who gives a sh*t.  I couldn't give a toss whether it is bad PR for Liverpool across the pond.  It will be far far worse PR for Hicks and Gillett.

I appreciate that for some US based reds followers this may be an issue, but unfortunately drastic times require drastic action.  And I'd like to think that people place their priorities in the right order.

Maybe Wachovia may be less reluctant to help prop up Hicks and Gillett's destruction of Liverpool FC.

Some fans could burn a million American flags and the United States would still be there.  If these owners are not removed shortly we may no longer have a football club.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #137: Jun 03, 2010 11:48:04 pm
      I tend to agree with JD but if I was an American Liverpool fan, I'm sure I wouldn't like that.

But I wouldnt like even more to know that 2 of my compratiots are the ones to be blamed for the club's current situation.

So I guess I would understand, in the end.

Anyway, well done to those involved with the protest, I really wish I could take part to at least make my anger heard, even if it's only screaming out loud how much I want those 2 cu*ts out of LFC.

Quick Reply