Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Tainted by Association another E-Mail Campaign.

Read 7709 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Tainted by Association another E-Mail Campaign.
      Jun 04, 2010 04:54:53 pm
      From Rawk.

It is surely time to ramp up the pressure on the corrupt regime currently in control of our club.

We need to attack them on as many fronts as possible.  And one of those fronts has got to be the clubs sponsors and financial backers.  Let them know that their brand is being tainted by their association with and support for the current highly unpopular regime at Anfield.

Let's list the sponsors and backers here and come up with a means to target each.

Standard Chartered
      Tim Baxter
      Head of Corporate Communications
      Telephone: + 44 (0) 207 885 5573
      Email: tim.baxter@sc.com
      Address: 1 Basinghall Avenue, London, EC2V 5DD

Jon Tracey
      Head of Media Relations
      Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7885 7613
      Mobile: + 44 (0) 7730 051 846
      Email: Jonathan.tracey@sc.com
      Address: 1 Basinghall Avenue, London EC2V 5DD

Yuki Finch
      External Communications Manager
      Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7885 5934
      Fax: +44 (0) 20 7885 9934
      Email: Yuki.Finch@sc.com
      Address: 1 Basinghall Avenue, London, EC2V 5DD
      AS has already listed Standard Chartered's contact details in her post.  The obvious means of attack here is:

1) Let the bank know you have no intention of buying or walking round in their expensively purchased sandwich board
      2) Let them know that they are tainted by association and that for a bank to be so publicly backing an entity that was in serious danger of defaulting on it's unmanageable debts was hardly the wisest piece of publicity in the current climate.  Anyone got any of the auditors quotes from the accounts to back this up?

So who else?  There is a list of partners on the official site:
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/corporate/partners

Courts
      Courts is an electronics and furniture retailer in Singapore and Malaysia. Doesn't matter that we don't live there. We've got enough good Reds over there to make a difference. Let them know that as a Courts customer you are saddened by their relationship with the deeply unpopular regime at Anfield and that you will not be purchasing from them while the Americans remain in control of the club.
      Email / Contact Us Page  -  http://www.courts.com.sg/contactus.aspxBank Of America /

MBNA
      Email address - customeradvocate.office@mbna.com  
      Address to write to is MBNA Europe Bank LimitedPO Box 1004Chester Business ParkWrexham RoadChester CH4 9WW

Thomas Cook Sports
      Email   -   sport@thomascooksport.com  and  match.breaks@thomascooksport.com
      One for the OOCs this one.  Let them know that you will not be visiting Anfield while the Americans remain in control and that the companies ongoing association with the current deeply unpopular regime means that unfortunately you will not be considering them for any of your other travel requirements.

Lucozade Sport
      Contact Us Page   -   https://www.lucozade.com/sport/contact/Default.aspxPES 2010
      Konami UK Office389 Chiswick High RoadLondonW4 4ALUnited KingdomPhone: +44 (0) 20 8987 5730Fax: +44 (0) 20 8987 5731And there is also the contact page -  http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/contact.do

Maxxis Tyres
      Contact Us Page  -  http://www.maxxis.com/About-Maxxis/Contact-Us.aspxSpain Tourist Board
      http://www.spain.info/index.html?l=en  Contact details not working at the minute188 Bet
      Got to home page on website and Contact Us Email details are at bottom of screen.

RBS

Adidas
      http://www.press.adidas.com/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-19/
      Again the way to target these guys is to tell them that you have no intention whatsover of buying their expensively purchased replica shirt while the current corrupt regime remains in place at Anfield.

Follows hard copy of the letter.

Dear Sirs,

I write to you as a concerned Liverpool fan.

The company that you work for is well associated with Liverpool Football Club. Currently, the Club is in a state of turmoil due to two money grabbing, greedy, ruthless American businessmen: George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

Ever since day one at the club, they have lied to fans. Lied about a new stadium, lied about funds to the manager despite attracting record breaking commercial deals, such as the one with your company. Any money the Company (and that's what the Football Club has become) has made has been ploughed straight into their pockets, while the Football Club itself is now saddled with £350 million of debt amounting to £40 million interest payments each year. This is not financially viable, as has been suggested by the club's accountants for the past two years.

Your company's association with the club is putting your brand at risk. Who wants a two bit football team sporting your brand's logo? I would rather a clean cut, successful football team wearing my logo if I have a choice. Unfortunately, Liverpool FC is fast becomming a mediocre team. There has been no investment in the football squad for the past four transfer windows, and due to the interesting timing of the manager leaving, this summer is likely to be another summer without the much needed significant investment in the playing squad that was promised.

The way the media are playing this does not show the real issues here. They blame Rafa for poor signings and bizarre tactics, although further analysis, such as can be found on Paul Tomkins's blogs at the Tomkins Times show otherwise.

Fans are protesting vehemently against the owners. Fans are boycotting the clubshop and, while they remain in support of the manager and the playing staff, they are very much united against the owners, and board.

Look at the board of Directors and the executive team at Liverpool. Ask how many of those have experience of football club management... None. Martin Broughton, Chairman of an under fire a airline is now Chairman of an under fire football club, whilst continuing to be a Chelsea fan. Where do his allegiances lie, I wonder? Christian Purslow, the "life long fan" has done nothing to stand up to the Board and has, quite explicitly, failed in his task of finding investment in the Club, as Gillett and Hicks are not willing to put their own money into the Club.

Put very simply, your brand's association with the club is damaging to your company. You no doubt signed up to be associated with a high performing team playing at the top of the league and Europe. You have now been presented an unstable, corrupt, debt ridden club that should, according to all accurate methods of predicting places (average wage bill, money generated, average cost of squad etc[again, see TomkinsTimes]) , be competing for 6th, not 1st as you were led to believe.

If I were you, I would cheekily put a 'severance package' together and get your name as far away from the club as possible. Supporters are boycotting official merchandise, boycotting matches and rallying against anyone associated with the club. You do not want to be in this position. I can 'guarantee' this. All that I have written here are the 'facts' and while all we're interested in is how the manager 'coaches and prepares his team', we all know that there are huge issues associated with the club and if I were you, I would sever your association sooner rather than later.

Yours,

[Insert name name]

y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Re: Tainted by Association another E-Mail Campaign.
      Reply #1: Jun 04, 2010 04:57:03 pm
      it wont work, noone will withdraw their sponsorship due to the "worldwide" appeal of LFC, let the yanks bleed the club dry, lets not do it ourselves
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Jun 04, 2010 05:02:03 pm
      it wont work, noone will withdraw their sponsorship due to the "worldwide" appeal of LFC, let the yanks bleed the club dry, lets not do it ourselves

Normally I would agree with you, and I would urge people, where there is a proper mail address to write a letter rather than an email (or as well as if you wish) as a letter has far more impact.

One thing that we do know from the Cohen Campaign however is that sponsors are far more responsive to customer pressure and the threat of a possible boycott than most of the targets of such a campaign.  They work hard to protect their brand, they spend a lot of money promoting that brand, the last thing they want is for it to be tainted by association (as Tiger Woods found out recently).

This is actually a campaign that is achievable and can definitely result in sponsors putting pressure onto the club. 
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 04, 2010 05:07:09 pm
      How can you say it won't work and sit back and do nothing, the very fabric of our club is at stake and everyone who cares passionatly about the club should try everything in their power to try and oust these two morons , I hate to think where we are going to be in a years time under these two crooks, lets all get off our arses and fight .  >:(
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #4: Jun 04, 2010 05:13:26 pm
      How can you say it won't work and sit back and do nothing, the very fabric of our club is at stake and everyone who cares passionatly about the club should try everything in their power to try and oust these two morons , I hate to think where we are going to be in a years time under these two crooks, lets all get off our arses and fight .  >:(

i agree with what you are saying, but a load of us emailing/sending letters to these companies will just be ignored.

if it were to work, and a big IF - what would that leave us

-no shirt sponsor deal - thats £80million to write off
      - no kit deal - thats £150 million

then that would take the debt level to over £500million and we would be REALLY fu**ed,

someone will save us- we just have to believe
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #5: Jun 04, 2010 05:16:09 pm
      I'm a big fan of these e-mail campaigns.  As an Aussie, there's not really much I can do in terms of protesting other than renew my SOS membership and send you messages of support.  This is another great way for me to get involved.

Before you ask: No, I'm not charismatic enough to lead a protest over here.  I'm a thinker, not a doer.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #6: Jun 04, 2010 05:35:23 pm
      I've sent the messages on to the companys
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #7: Jun 04, 2010 05:36:57 pm
      I agree with what you are saying, but a load of us emailing/sending letters to these companies will just be ignored.

if it were to work, and a big IF - what would that leave us

-no shirt sponsor deal - thats £80million to write off
      - no kit deal - thats £150 million

then that would take the debt level to over £500million and we would be REALLY F**ked,

someone will save us- we just have to believe

That would be the point wouldn't it?

The only thing that is going to get the yanks out is putting pressure on their revenue streams so that they either have to sell or the club goes into administration.

The alternative is that they're here in the long term and will bleed the club dry before it goes into administration.

This way we get rid of them quickly before they can do further lasting damage.

It's not something anyone likes but we have no alternative.

Good idea in my book Blood the more pressure from every angle the better.

y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #8: Jun 04, 2010 05:38:21 pm
      That would be the point wouldn't it?

The only thing that is going to get the yanks out is putting pressure on their revenue streams so that they either have to sell or the club goes into administration.

The altrenative is that they're here in the long term and will bleed the club dry before it goes into administration.

This way we get rid of them quickly before they can do further lasting damage.

It's not something anyone likes but we have no alternative.

Good idea in my book Blood the more pressure from every angle the better.

so the club going into administration would be a good thing?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Jun 04, 2010 05:45:33 pm

It would mean the club could be bought for the value of the debt or force H&G to accept a more realistic price before it comes to administration.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #10: Jun 04, 2010 11:50:41 pm

We are in a situation where the choices are limited we can either cooperate with the parasites and let them bleed LFC dry or we can affect matters in the only way left to us, boycott anything and everything connected with LFC.
      This is not the club we know, it is lurching towards a soulless financial wreck and if it means administration and all that entails so be it, we must reclaim our heritage.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #11: Jun 04, 2010 11:53:17 pm

As opposed to the sh*t we have to put up with now ??
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12: Jun 04, 2010 11:55:55 pm
      I've done my emails I hope everyone follows suit it's time to be pro active and cause as much strife for H&G as possible.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #13: Jun 05, 2010 12:11:06 am
      Just sent my e-mails off, hopefully they are taken seriously, and not just deleted straight off!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #14: Jun 05, 2010 12:44:26 am
      We are in a situation where the choices are limited we can either cooperate with the parasites and let them bleed LFC dry or we can affect matters in the only way left to us, boycott anything and everything connected with LFC.
      This is not the club we know, it is lurching towards a soulless financial wreck and if it means administration and all that entails so be it, we must reclaim our heritage.
      Well in Stuey,now is the time for direct action.So far we have had muted protests,to preserve the credability of our players and manager.That has now changed,we are no longer fighting for them,we are fighting for "our" heritage.Players/managers come and go,but we carry the history of our club.A player lasts 3-10 years max,a manager lasts,1-5 years (of late),Iv'e supported this club 45 years,so forgive me if I say,this club is now in a position unique in it's history.Yes of course we have been in lower status positions before,but it took a great man with vision to rescue the club.Now we need another one.Does he exist?
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #15: Jun 05, 2010 01:48:45 am
      sent
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Jun 05, 2010 03:01:45 am
      F**k off SOS with this email sh*te.

Sick of email campaigns. They don't work!

They didn't work when we sent the emails to the media, they didn't work when we sent them to RBS and Wachovia, they didn't work when we sent them to the owners about keeping Rafa and it hasn't worked when we sent them emails about leaving.

Think of something else FFS. Liverpool is in trouble and they think a F***ing email campaign will help towards saving the club? Gee, look out for the Mancs stealing that beaut of an idea and forcing the Glazers out.

RBS is not giving two shits here because they are getting a shitload of interest payments at a time where they need as much money as possible coming in to their company. An email will not do sh*t.

Unless people actually hurt the Yanks' revenue stream by boycotting merchandise, matches and hospitality/tours organised by the club then their revenue won't be dented at all.

For those reasons i say F**k this email campaign because it won't work.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17: Jun 05, 2010 09:53:27 am
      I'm a big fan of these e-mail campaigns.  As an Aussie, there's not really much I can do in terms of protesting other than renew my SOS membership and send you messages of support. 
      Before you ask: No, I'm not charismatic enough to lead a protest over here.  I'm a thinker, not a doer.

.and honest. ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Jun 05, 2010 10:07:55 am

For those reasons i say F**k this email campaign because it won't work.

Its not about just boycotting RBS, merchandise, matches and hospitality/tours its about the threat of boycotting any one associated with Liverpool sponsors etc, you say we need to actually hurt the Yanks' revenue stream well look at the first post mate as all the emails included are part of, wait for it

THE YANKS REVENUE STREAM DOH !!!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2010 12:52:29 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: Jun 06, 2010 04:11:21 am
      Its not about just boycotting RBS, merchandise, matches and hospitality/tours its about the threat of boycotting any one associated with Liverpool sponsors etc, you say we need to actually hurt the Yanks' revenue stream well look at the first post mate as all the emails included are part of, wait for it

THE YANKS REVENUE STREAM DOH !!!!

I'm not ignorant enough to suggest RBS will want to get rid of their services that quickly just because a couple of emails threaten them.

Your running a company and your earning 110 pounds per minute at a time of financial uncertainty. What do you do when you receive an email?
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #20: Jun 06, 2010 04:43:16 am
      Is it possible to convince StanChart to pull out as sponsors for the Club? Terminating the shirt contract? By doing that it would a real blow in the arse for H&G, easily 20M gone per year.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21: Jun 06, 2010 10:36:18 am
      To those who are riddled with apathy and negativity remember this:

"The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step."

Everything we can do, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem, has an impact. Whether it's raising awareness, educating others or just empowering an individual with some ownership; it matters.

I won't be buying any merchandise for as long as the parasitic cu*ts own and run our club. I don't give a F**k that other ill-informed or apathetic Reds may. I'll have done my bit, i'll have some ownership and i'll hopefully raise awareness among those who do not know, perhaps, that (at this point in our history) fashion does not matter.

I have e-mailed those above and i don't give a F**k if i'm only an individual. This individual and others like him will soon become many.

Don't let the apathy of others deter you in that journey of a thousand miles.
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2010 11:48:09 am by bad boy bubby »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Jun 06, 2010 12:27:36 pm
      I'm not ignorant enough to suggest RBS will want to get rid of their services that quickly just because a couple of emails threaten them.

Your running a company and your earning 110 pounds per minute at a time of financial uncertainty. What do you do when you receive an email?

One thing that we do know from the Cohen Campaign however is that sponsors are far more responsive to customer pressure and the threat of a possible boycott than most of the targets of such a campaign.  They work hard to protect their brand, they spend a lot of money promoting that brand, the last thing they want is for it to be tainted by association (as Tiger Woods found out recently)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #23: Jun 06, 2010 12:39:26 pm
      Tiger Woods still has how many endorsements? And he still has Nike.

Cohen said things that disrespected 96 people that died - that's why companies withdrew their support and money.

The Yanks are playing their cards the way English law allows them to and are providing the banks they are dealing with 110 pounds per minute.

As i said, if your running a business and getting 110 pounds per minute in payments, would you let their services go because of an email campaign?

If anything we should be targeting the government to change the laws. Then i have no doubts the Mancs would be behind that (even if they run a separate campaign against the government) and the countless other clubs involved in this mess.

We're not in a position to hurt the banks, but we can influence the government considering the amount of coverage this would get in terms of the people v the hierarchy, even if they only show the Mancs' efforts.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #24: Jun 06, 2010 12:53:06 pm
      Black Crow - White Crow, (as ever) methinks.  :-\
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Jun 06, 2010 12:54:01 pm
      Any concerted effort is an effort to raise awareness, I do not expect you to take part if it does not sit too well with your school of thought, however if you don't want to at least try, then why knock it ?

keep your opinion to yourself on it, many people want to feel like they are doing there bit to try and get the Yanks out and even if it is just a simple E-mail considering due to the location of where they live etc and can not attend marches and protests its an ideal way for them to feel involved.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #26: Jun 06, 2010 01:11:39 pm
      Any concerted effort is an effort to raise awareness, I do not expect you to take part if it does not sit too well with your school of thought, however if you don't want to at least try, then why knock it ?

Because our efforts are best used in other ways.

RBS know how we feel and so do other associates.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Jun 06, 2010 01:13:35 pm
      Because our efforts are best used in other ways.

RBS know how we feel and so do other associates.

Every effort we put in has a an effect no matter how small that may be, I'm sure if some one else posted this you'd be right behind it, as it's me......well enough said.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #28: Jun 06, 2010 01:30:33 pm
      Every effort we put in has a an effect no matter how small that may be, I'm sure if some one else posted this you'd be right behind it, as it's me......well enough said.

No, i have said it before to other forum users and aired this view before on the forum.

I'm not behind a campaign that was plucked out of the bottom of the barrel.

Don't feel insulted because this wasn't your idea, and my opinion is based on the actions of others - other than yourself - who originally thought of this idea. If i had a problem with you for posting it, i would direct action against the others who threw their support on this thread also. But i haven't.
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2010 02:11:54 pm by crouchinho »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Jun 08, 2010 11:16:07 am
      I think its time to crank this up myself, if reports are to believed that RBS are contemplating given Hicks & Gillett an ultimatum, surely now's the time to be putting pressure on RBS stating that full on Boycotts against anything associated with LFC will effect income and maybe hinder chances to meet loan/interest repayments.

Quick Reply