Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

The Future...

Read 1564 times
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      The Future...
      Jun 05, 2010 02:15:11 am
      MOD's, move or delete this if you wish, I just need filling in.

I don't mean to put an even bigger downer on things, as they are bad enough at the moment. All I would like to ask you all, is where do we go from here? Rafa's gone, players could follow and the owners are still here, crippling the club. What do you think we need? (Pretty obvious I know, but in the short term). What do you think we can do to dig ourselves out of this mess? Will people stop attending games? But most importantly, what do you think will happen? Will we do a Leeds and fall down leagues?

I would also like an insight on what I myself can do to try and help. I live in Scotland, so protests come aren't able to be attended. However, I do stick to rituals, by doing things such as not buying the s*n and sending emails where needed.

For Your Dreams Be Tossed And Blown, well ours surely are being done so right now.

Cheers, from a young red

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: The Future...
      Reply #1: Jun 05, 2010 06:35:25 am
       Unless we get rid of Hicks,Gillett and the puppets running the club for them we will not have a future.I have never felt so much despair in the club as I do today.Having said that L.F.C. will always be my club  and I hope for new owners and dare I say it ,another Bill Shankly to bring this club back from the dead.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2: Jun 05, 2010 09:15:29 am
      Can't ever see us falling down the leagues like Leeds did, the worst thing that is likely to happen is that we end up just a mid table team with little hope of winning trophy's.

I'm trying to keep positive, and hoping that we have sunk as low as we're going to. The new owners can't possibly be as bad as Hicks and Gillette, when they buy the club hopfully it will be with their own money and some of our profits might actually go back int the club.

Just getting rid of the debt would make a hell of a difference to the atmosphere around Anfield, and things could get better from there.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #3: Jun 05, 2010 10:24:54 am
      We will bounce back ,yes everything is about as sh*t as you can get at the club and i would imagine the only way it could get worse if Fat Sam becomes manager

Certain players will leave this summer but if we can keep the nucleous of the squad and add a few then we should have a decent season ,we need a manager that will bring some stability and restore a bit of order.Maybe time to blood some of the younger players and make everyone work hard for there place in the starting 11

The chuckle brothers will eventually leave and we will get some decent owners who will back the manager ,we just have to remain strong and things will turn around sooner rather than later

We're Liverpool football club ,the biggest and the best and we will be back

YNWA
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #4: Jun 05, 2010 10:40:36 am
      I have already decided to pack in my membership scheme. Been waiting for a season ticket for the last nine years, I am on this "waiting list". Frankly if Purslow rang me tomorrow, offering me one, I would tell him where to stick it. No more money will be going into their pockets from me.

As for the club, I expect that Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano will leave after the world cup. Purslow, will appoint a new manager, vastly inferior to the old one. The good ship Liverpool will continue under the Yanks regime, for another year. Purslow will use Kenny to hide behind when the sh*t starts to really hit the fan. Then even Rafa's critics will be wishing the guy never left.

Rafa will probably be lifting the Champions League trophy, sigh.

Sorry to be so depressing but I can't see any good happening this year.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Jun 05, 2010 10:49:16 am
      YNWABairn, have you joined Spirit of Shankly yet, just because you are based in Scotland, does not mean that you can't take part in various campaigns. Get joined up, the more who do, the stronger we become. There are campaigns such as e-mailing people, who are involved in the club, I think there is one involving the banks on this site now. The more we do, the less they can ignore us.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #6: Jun 05, 2010 11:09:51 am
      YNWABairn, have you joined Spirit of Shankly yet, just because you are based in Scotland, does not mean that you can't take part in various campaigns. Get joined up, the more who do, the stronger we become. There are campaigns such as e-mailing people, who are involved in the club, I think there is one involving the banks on this site now. The more we do, the less they can ignore us.

Yeah, good shout. Apart from e-mails, I don't think I'll be much help in campainging etc, but I'm willing to pay the fee just to say I'm a member, and to see sky sports saying "SOS has so many thousand members" and knowing I'm included
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Jun 05, 2010 11:36:44 am
      The future........

H&G out of this club for ever nothing else matters in the grand scheme of things as we'll never progress whilst these two bleed the club dry.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 05, 2010 07:44:08 pm
      The future........

H&G out of this club for ever nothing else matters in the grand scheme of things as we'll never progress whilst these two bleed the club dry.
      I would just echo the above.
      With the two leaches in charge i would take mid-table, with the experience of Carragher and Reina and youngsters like Pacheco And Kelly -unless they are sold as well- helping us muddle through - until they have sold up, or the RBS have pulled the plug

Quick Reply