Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think?

Existing actions of occassional pre-match and post-match protests
      24 (10.3%)
      Official club store ban
      18 (7.7%)
      Selected home game boycotts w/protests
      9 (3.9%)
      Full home game boycotts w/protests
      7 (3%)
      Selected home game boycotts w/protests and official club store ban
      50 (21.5%)
      Full home game boycotts w/protests and official club store ban
      125 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 230

VOTE: Action against the owners

Read 29985 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: VOTE: Action against the owners
      Reply #23: Jun 06, 2010 03:19:52 pm
      The has come to stop arseing around, full boycotts and protests and defo no club shop purchasing !
      The sooner their income drops the sooner they'll pack up and F**k off !
      Lets get moving NOW !
      LFCexiled
      Reply #24: Jun 06, 2010 03:21:05 pm
      Would i be right in saying that servicing the debt takes up half of match day revenue?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,653 posts | 6947 
      Reply #25: Jun 06, 2010 03:24:30 pm
      Even without a boycott I can see attendances slipping next year.

And how many of the 'daytrippers' somebody referred to before will be coming when Torres and Gerrard have been sold and we are in 12th?

The club makes an enormous chunk of its money from ticketing and not only that but all the associated things like programmes, food and drink etc.

I'd estimate match day income to total over £1.5M.  Times that by say 25 home games (inc cups) and you are looking at the owners facing a £40M black hole.

I'm convinced even the threat of a full match boycott and protesting could significantly speed up the sale of the club, possibly even before the season was to get going.

I hope the SOS membership act decisively, boldly and courageously next Saturday.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #26: Jun 06, 2010 03:28:54 pm
      Last one for me.

If everyone can just stick to that, surely they'll have to lower their estimations and sell up sooner.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #27: Jun 06, 2010 03:29:17 pm
      Protests and public demonstrations mean sh*t to the bas**rds, if it pleases do it but the only way to affect them is through reducing what they cream off weekly with our club.
      Blank the home games and picket peacefully to anyone attending, most certainly boycott the club shop and any team memorabilia on offer.
      This is the only way to hurt the pricks and I have urged this action from long before Rafa went it is the only logical solution.  
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #28: Jun 06, 2010 03:38:26 pm
      Im with you all.

Until we get our club back, Im having nothing to do with it.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: Jun 06, 2010 05:25:13 pm
      Just something I was thinking:

Would doing this not put the club into further debt? Then say H&G were to leave, we'd have a larger problem than we may have had to start with? If you see what I'm saying...
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #30: Jun 06, 2010 05:27:47 pm
      But surely otherwise the debt would rise anyway to the point we end up in administration unless we get them to sell quickly? We need the out sooner than later by any means necessary I think.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #31: Jun 06, 2010 05:35:08 pm
      Last one. We cannot let them off lightly from now on. The proper battle starts now.

No point in the 5th option. Might as well go for the throttle. Although the owners claim they are doing their best to sell the Club now, I don't believe they can do it with 800M asking price. That means we're gonna get stuck with them as long as no one wants to buy us out. Absolutely ridiculous.

Just a few home games of a couple of thousand attendances (Imagine an empty Kop) would be enough to get them to lower their asking price significantly. If that doesn't urge them to sell then I don't know how thick their skin is.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #32: Jun 06, 2010 05:47:54 pm
      Got to be the last one.

Only problem with it is people who have had season tickets for twenty years won't be keen on giving them up, so will pay even if they aren't going. The americans will be happy as long as the income doesn't dry up.

As sorry as I am to have to do it, I won't be inside Anfield while they're in charge either. But I'll be outside taking part in as many protests as I can.

I agree with JD. I hope the SOS have the bottle to call for it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Jun 06, 2010 06:00:03 pm
      I'm boycotting everything, even adidas and F**k me I love my Y3's and this years range is awesome, but I'm switching to nike, until they are out of our club.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #34: Jun 06, 2010 06:00:24 pm
      Not hard for me as I can not get a ticket for love nor money, and I can live with out going to the Offical Shop quite easily thankyou. A protest may be fun too.

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #35: Jun 06, 2010 06:02:56 pm
      Only problem with it is people who have had season tickets for twenty years won't be keen on giving them up, so will pay even if they aren't going. The americans will be happy as long as the income doesn't dry up.

And the ones who will give theirs up will be replaced by people who have been waiting nigh on 12 years who will certainly not miss the opportunity to take one on. :-\

I hope the SOS have the bottle to call for it.

I sincerely hope so too. I've just paid for membership, and literally every mention of them since doing so has got me questioning my decision. The shitbag disclaimers after the protest last Thursday. The email regarding Share Liverpool. It shouts of a Union that wants to change the world, but doesn't want to piss anyone off in the process. :-\

Early days yet like but I'm certainly on the fence.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #36: Jun 06, 2010 06:05:51 pm
      I selected the last one.

Protesting - should always be there no matter what to voice out the dislike for the owners and their raping of the club and it's history, traditions and everything it stands for.

By cancelling season tickets, boycotting merchandises from the official and online stores and no attending home games can very well stimulate the action of quicker sale of the club. That's not giving the owners a single penny from our pockets.

However, if they don't generate income from those above, could they sell our players instead as an alternative? Something we don't want either.

However much pain it causes even the loyalest of fans to not see their team at Anfield, this is only a short term pain but a long term gain.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #37: Jun 06, 2010 06:12:39 pm
      However, if they don't generate income from those above, could they sell our players instead as an alternative? Something we don't want either.

A point I have kind of mentioned in the Independence Day march....

Does anyone think it would be as beneficial to give the players who could possibly leave a reason to stay? Plenty of coverage opportunites on the day. Images of 10,000 of us bouncing like f*ck on the way to Anfield to the Torres Bounce, singing Gerrard's name and going all White Stripes for Mascherano? It would tug their heart strings at least, show them that we need them more than ever.

May possibly contribute towards what you've mentioned?
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #38: Jun 06, 2010 06:16:42 pm
      Last option,  so unhappy it has come down to this though
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #39: Jun 06, 2010 06:21:16 pm
      Yes, thanks CRK. :laugh:

Would definitely kinda kill two birds with one stone - showing our dislike for the owners and at the same time, showing the players backing.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #40: Jun 06, 2010 06:36:07 pm
      The last one for me a pity it has come to this but you can take the piss once too often sick of them fckers raping us and laughing in our faces, the time has come to get real we are in a scrap with these bas**rds for the very survival of our club, we dont have the right to win everything but we have the right not to be pissed on by these pair of pricks, i have already stated i wont be giving these fckers any more of my hard earned ,it hurts like fck to have to do that ,but not as much as it would hurt if these two stayed and dragged us further down ,just cant convey it enough how much i hate the bas**rds.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #41: Jun 06, 2010 06:44:11 pm
      The last one, we have to, prove to them we mean business, no more dithering about.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #42: Jun 06, 2010 06:47:39 pm
      I selected the last one.

Protesting - should always be there no matter what to voice out the dislike for the owners and their raping of the club and it's history, traditions and everything it stands for.

By cancelling season tickets, boycotting merchandises from the official and online stores and no attending home games can very well stimulate the action of quicker sale of the club. That's not giving the owners a single penny from our pockets.

However, if they don't generate income from those above, could they sell our players as an alternative?Something we don't want either.

However much pain it causes even the loyalest of fans to not see their team at Anfield, this is only a short term pain but a long term gain.
      The very worst implications have to be considered and taken on board mate.
      But think of the resulting benefits, getting rid of those two cu*ts and their appointed partners in crime and making sure they walk with as little reward possible for their treachery.

If they do sell the crown jewels how much would they have to reduce their asking price?
      Time is their enemy and they have to come up with a solution...the wolves are closing in!!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2010 06:57:17 pm by stuey »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #43: Jun 06, 2010 06:54:49 pm
      Last one... and "Pickets" on the turnstiles.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #44: Jun 06, 2010 07:02:36 pm
      F**k going to the games. The protests, letter writing and e-mails haven't worked. This is the last resort and it will certainly speed up the selling of the club. That along with protestors outside the game will set the tone. The only problem will be the day trippers from other countries going because they just want to say they've been to a liverpool game.  Besides, once the owners left and sold the club, the liverpool fans can have a big f*ck off YNWA at the next home game ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #45: Jun 06, 2010 07:28:43 pm
      Last one. All the way.

You can't kill a snake by just shopping off the tail. You gotta take the head. So this has got to be all in!

Would this vote thread benefit by being stickied as an important topic for a while?

Quick Reply