Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think?

Existing actions of occassional pre-match and post-match protests
      24 (10.3%)
      Official club store ban
      18 (7.7%)
      Selected home game boycotts w/protests
      9 (3.9%)
      Full home game boycotts w/protests
      7 (3%)
      Selected home game boycotts w/protests and official club store ban
      50 (21.5%)
      Full home game boycotts w/protests and official club store ban
      125 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 230

VOTE: Action against the owners

Read 29982 times
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Re: VOTE: Action against the owners
      Reply #322: Jun 30, 2010 12:54:33 am
      Not going to the matches sounds like that you're fighting against the owners, not supporting the team. If I would get a chance to go to a match, I definitely would. I don't give a sh*t about how much money the yanks get, I want to support the team in times like these.

But by going to the games you are funding the problem that is keeping the club in the sh*t. Don't go to the games, don't give them money and get this problem solved sooner, rather than later.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #323: Jun 30, 2010 01:14:06 am
      We have spent the last 2 years of reasoned debate on this and other forums,as to the best way forward for our club.The 2 gobshites have been oblivious to this and ignored us.They conspired through Purslime,to get rid of the only decent man who respected our traditions.In this process they tried to undermine his fan's support,by subversively removing his blood supply(Transfer budget).He's now paid the ultimate price for his loyalty to us,now whatever your'e views on Rafa,we have to be the pinnacle of the triangle.Roy Hodgson is a newbee,the players will be in rags,but we are the bearers of tradition.The other two come and go over time,but we stay until we die.Sometimes, like in the Attaturk,the manager and players do their bit,the owners/directors are irrelevent,now is the time for us to do our bit.Around the world "Not A Penny More.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #324: Jun 30, 2010 01:37:50 am
      When will it F***ing end. I try not to think about it most of the time. When I do think about it, it drives me insane.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #325: Jun 30, 2010 01:55:07 am
      When will it f**king end. I try not to think about it most of the time. When I do think about it, it drives me insane.
      Ross mate,believe me when I say we have come through worst times.RH is a decent man and manager,of course he will be a "yes man" to the Board,but that's his style.We will of course give him the slack that he is entitled to,but we must focus on campaigning to remove not only the owners,but the Board as well.They all have the blood of Rafa on their hands.That we will never forgive,we fight on for justice for our 96 Brothers,and for the return of our "special one".
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #326: Sep 09, 2010 11:04:45 am
      Ive been pondering this thought today.

Alot of us, including me, have set out the fact we wont put another penny into the club. And rightly so. We wont go to matches, won't buy any of the overpriced food or overpriced crap in the official shop...

BUT we seem to be the minority of supporters. SOS have certainly undermined the message we're trying to send out and it seemingly wont affect the many other people wanting to get tickets. Which led me to this thought:

Would we actually be putting MORE money in the Yanks pockets by not going?

I shall explain.

None of us regular match goers go to the club shop on a match day. Ever. I went the very first time I went to Anfield and have never been since. Few of us will buy food whilst we're actually in the ground. We know its far cheaper to buy at the shops/pubs around the ground plus we risk missing the match by going to get food at half time which is obviously a massive no no.

Now. Lets look at the people who will be taking out tickets. The non regular match goers (obviously a regular match goer wouldn't take our ticket as he'd already be there). They're FAR more likely to go to the club shop and get a goodie bag. Almost certain to either buy some overpriced food or a programme souvenir. What's more, I know all the people here who are thinking of boycotting like me are the type of people we need more of at Anfield. Back of The Kop stand and sing for 90 minutes type.

So to summarise, would boycotting potentially be more profitable for the Yanks? I think so. A little bit more profitable, but over the course of a season it'll all add up.

Moral dilemma, isn't it?  :-\

this is what i was thinking and why i will still go every home game ,only money that goes into
      the club from me is my ticket, always buy food and drink outside the ground ,

I go to support the team not the yanks!!
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #327: Sep 09, 2010 11:12:14 am
      Good Point, never thought about that one.  All these people who go to Anfield for the first time, always go to the club shop and spend oddles of money on stuff.  You just need to go into the Albert and see them sitting there with amazment in there eyes clutching there club bags, scarfs and replica new kits.  The Yanks must be pissing themselves.  What about a boycott of the beverages at half time.  Get everyone to stay in there seats and not buy any food or drink.  Dont buy a programme.  We need a big banner as well which can be erected when the sky sports people are doing there build up the game, get a few fans to put the banner up so it is clearly in front of the window where they broadcast.   

I had a n idea where we could get toilet paper with Hicks and Gillets face on it, then before the game we can launch it onto the pitch, what a scente that would be, thousands of bog rolls flying from all sections of the ground. No way Sky could not show that.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #328: Sep 09, 2010 11:14:34 am
      Or what all the blokes take there tops off and reveal the words F**k OFF Yanks on there chest.  Sky Sports love showing the fat georgies with there tops off.

We really need a player to do a Fowler and have a t shirt under his top, so when he scores he can lift it to the cameras and show the words  F**k OFF Yanks.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #329: Sep 09, 2010 11:16:18 am
      Or get in with someone who does the crowd mosaics, and get one saying F**k off yanks! ;D - the outrage that would cause - the kop telling them to F**k off on sky!
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #330: Sep 09, 2010 11:20:57 am
      What we need is the hardcore fans to start mingling in the other stands so when the Kop start singing the Anti yank songs the other stands will join in.  We need the whole crowd singing the songs, sing all the way through the game. 
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #331: Sep 09, 2010 11:27:49 am
      Protest march for the Sunderland game wouldn't be a bad shout?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #332: Sep 09, 2010 11:39:30 am
      Burn Effergies of Hicks & Gillet outside of Anfield, inform Sky and Media outlets of the protest and make sure it get television and media coverage.

Hard Hitting but will get the point across.

Other than have another Toxeth style riot like in the 80's. :D
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #333: Sep 09, 2010 11:41:44 am
      We need leaflets, stickers, banners, flags, we need to make sure that everyone knows about it.  So all the forums have to be together with this, facebook, bebo, twitter, emails, whatever it takes.  Need to contact the Police to make sure we can do this, inform any ecx players who might want to turn up and give there support. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #334: Sep 09, 2010 11:43:28 am
      Pitch invasion.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #335: Sep 09, 2010 11:49:03 am
      That will just get us banned, not worth it
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #336: Sep 09, 2010 11:50:18 am
      It needs to be something that hammers the message home, but doesnt break the law
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #337: Sep 09, 2010 11:50:37 am
      That will just get us banned, not worth it

As the joker say's "its about the message".
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #338: Sep 09, 2010 11:52:09 am
      What about chaining ourselves to the gates and not letting anyone in.  This would certainly get the press coverage.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #339: Sep 09, 2010 11:55:29 am
      What about chaining ourselves to the gates and not letting anyone in.  This would certainly get the press coverage.

Possibly also get you arrested/the sh*t kicked out of you!
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #340: Sep 09, 2010 11:56:14 am
      The greater good ;D
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #341: Sep 09, 2010 11:57:34 am

Like it, it needs to send a message

The crowd mosaic is a tidy idea
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #342: Sep 09, 2010 11:58:10 am
      Aint we got no extremist in our ranks?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #343: Sep 09, 2010 01:41:44 pm
      It needs to be something that hammers the message home, but doesnt break the law

shooting them? sorry that's breaking the law...i always forget that bit

Quick Reply